One heck of a mandible (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Ancient-Hominid-Jawbone.jpg

This is a fossilised jawbone found in a sea-water channel offshore Taiwan five years ago. It is much larger than our own modern human (homo sapiens sapiens) jawbones. Scientists have been studying this find, which was initially found by Taiwanese fishermen and sold by them to an antique shop, before coming to the attention of scientists who recognised the attributes and the potential meaning within our known version of the origins of our species.

I first heard about this jawbone find in a video interview with Andrew Collins, a well-known researcher and author who is working towards piecing together an alternative view of our very ancient past - and I believe he is one of the front runners in bringing to light new information. (You can find the interview in another thread I will post about Denisovan hominids).

The jawbone has been called Penghu 1 (after the location of its find).

"Scientists have already identified three other ancient Asian hominids: Homo erectus was found in modern-day Java and China, Homo florensiensis in Indonesia, and Neanderthals in Russia’s Altai mountains. This discovery indicates that a fourth type of hominid existed prior to all three of these."

Full article can be found at:

https://inhabitat.com/fossilized-jawbone-suggests-a-fourth-type-of-prehistoric-man/

OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Those teeth appear to be grinders (to my untrained eye). If there were canines they have either fallen out, or have been ground right down. In some of the information on the internet about giants, there have been reports of double-rowed teeth found in some giant skulls. I guess the jury is out on that until science explains.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)