Non-Toxic Cookware (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
My burned food efforts actually become transmogrified at a molecular level - well, it's not food anymore.

Reactions: Lila

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
non-toxic materials like carbon steel,
with non sticking made it china, can those products out of china can also be safe despite their reputation to produce harmfull things for health?

Reactions: Anaeika
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Alain, as far as I know the Germans make fine cookware. And so do the French, of course (Le Creuset).
Even though the material, such as stainless steel or cast iron, are desirable, you also have to consider the source. Are they known for good industrial practices? In your case, as HM said, you have very good products nearby. I've got two Le Creuset pieces that I love. My daughter bought a piece in the same color for when she inherits mine, meaning when I don't cook the big family meals any more. <3

Reactions: Lila and Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Do not buy from China. They can stick whatever label they want and are not legally required to be truthful about it.

Reactions: Linda

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I'd agree with the general sentiment above that our moms or dads, chefs and those uncles or whoever else has an interest in cooking are great resources for these types of questions, especially if you want to know what is available locally. It was only a generation ago for me that there was no doubt that it was mom in the kitchen and it's also true that I have a couple of uncles who were famous for their dishes despite their generation not typically favouring that way of being.
My dad had trouble frying an egg so was in deep doo doo when he had to live on his own as an adult for a while while traveling:rolleyes: So funny that this was true for such an otherwise renaissance person who loved to learn new things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)