Nigella Sativa - Black Gold (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Before COVID made its presence known in my household (of 2 people - my daughter and I) I was browsing the shelves of my local Indian grocery store, and I lighted upon a bottle of Virgin Kalonji Oil (Black Seed Oil) cold pressed, also known as Nigella Sativa Oil. This comes as 100% Pure Oil. I used a glass medicine dropper to get 3 drops on my tongue each day that my daughter was sick with COVID (about 2 weeks).

Now I have information in the attached PDF that Diabetics can take 2 grams per day, to see a benefit on lowering their blood sugars (and lowering their HbA1c test results). This appears to be much more than 3 drops. Can anyone tell me the best way to accurately measure 2 grams?

The attached document is from https://greenmedinfo.com/blog/16-more-reasons-black-seed-remedy-everything-death2, from 2013.

Attachments

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
  • Thank you!
Reactions: Snowmelt
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
  • I agree
Reactions: Lila

Bert

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jan 10, 2019
Belgium
  • Love this post!
Reactions: Lila and Snowmelt
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
The point is the stuff tastes disgusting (as I found out with my 3 drops on the tongue), but to get the benefits I think it can be added to, let's say, a salad dressing. Or added to a cooked meal once it is on the plate. Thoughts?

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
seems like that would work - or - something like lemon water as a chaser to cut the taste

Reactions: Lila

Lilia

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2016
Vayuna, via Switzerland
there are nigella oil capsules on the market too if you dislike the taste that much. also, nigella oil needs to be stored in the refrigerator because it tends to become rancid quickly otherwise - possibly the bad taste comes from that too. i have been using nigella oil for years and i never found the taste bad, just a bit strong and sharp until you get used to it, but i have been storing it cold once open. and i down a glass of water after it anyway because i take it with other herbs that are a bit bitter... maybe just drinking something after will do the trick for you too.
about the dosage, i dont know about the effect on diabetes, but to get the anti-inflammatory properties, i take 1tsp daily. that is around 4-5 ml, so 2.2ml would be half a teaspoon.

• Helpful Post
  • Thank you!
Reactions: Lila and Snowmelt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)