New Evidence On Why You Should Never Go To Sleep Angry (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

transients

Just Arrived
Oct 18, 2016
Earth
www.transients.info
transients.info submitted a new transients.info article.

New Evidence On Why You Should Never Go To Sleep Angry

By Andy Coghlan via Prevent Disease (December 1, 2016)

Don't go to bed angry. Now there's evidence for this proverb: it's harder to suppress bad memories if you sleep on them.

The discovery could reveal new ways to treat people who suffer from conditions like post-traumatic stress disorder, and reinforces an earlier idea that it is possible to suppress bad memories through sleep deprivation.

"The results are of major interest for treating the frequent clinical problem of unwanted memories, memories of traumatic events being the most prominent example," says Christoph Nissen at the University of Freiburg Medical...
Click here to continue on to the original article.

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
Sleep? If I'm angry there is no sleep for me. :mad:
I can sure understand why sleeping with anger would reinforce though. This is a very true post.

Reactions: Pod

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
No matter what has happened emotionally to me, I am able to switch off from choice and me in the now, letting go of all the thoughts, worries, problems and so on; I sleep well on a regular basis as a result, even when the astrological influences are strong.

Reactions: Vickie

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
No matter what has happened emotionally to me, I am able to switch off from choice and me in the now, letting go of all the thoughts, worries, problems and so on; I sleep well on a regular basis as a result, even when the astrological influences are strong.
:rolleyes: I wish...

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Sleep? If I'm angry there is no sleep for me. :mad:
I can sure understand why sleeping with anger would reinforce though. This is a very true post.
I rarely hold on to anger long enough now for it to affect my sleep. Nothing affects my sleep, I love it! However, I have in the past year, sometimes been too sad to sleep.

Reactions: Vickie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)