Negative Thoughts Harm Your Health By Damaging DNA (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

transients

Just Arrived
Oct 18, 2016
Earth
www.transients.info
transients.info submitted a new article.

Negative Thoughts Harm Your Health By Damaging DNA
By April McCarthy via Prevent Disease (19 May 2017)

Lose your temper on the road? Frustrated with colleagues at work? You may be cutting your life short, warns molecular biologist Elizabeth Blackburn--who won the Nobel Prize in Medicine in 2009--and health psychologist Elissa Epel, who studies stress and aging.

The authors claim in their new book, The Telomere Effect, that negative thoughts harm your health at the...
Click here to continue on to the original article. You will be able to comment using a Disqus account (www.disqus.com) if you are logged in with Disqus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
The new branch in biology called Epigenetics gains more and more momentum. That's a good development. And another proof for mind over matter.

Environment and mind is more important for the DNA and our health than inherited gene expressions, because DNA can change and be changed all the time by our behaviours.

I also saw a lecture recently about the mind and the immune system and the length of telomeres as a bio-indicator for cell aging and cell health was also discussed. Science is making progress it seems.

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
Quite interesting. I wonder though what are the true boundaries for "negative thoughts" considering that I have encountered many situations in my professional life when somebody expressed certain ideas/thoughts/perspectives/feelings/musings/instincts that were quickly labeled "negative" at the time, but later-on turned out to be realistic, wise, enlightening, etc. and should have been looked at in detail rather than labeling them "negative" and then were dismissed and the person was even chastised. Following those thoughts could have save us much turmoil and all kinds of losses if we had not used the "negative" label so quickly.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Following those thoughts could have save us much turmoil and all kinds of losses if we had not used the "negative" label so quickly.
That's the perfect example of how being quick to judge can turn out to be a handicap!

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
It also depends on each one's personal semantics and terminology.

For me there are critical thoughts and negative thoughts. Critical thoughts (as derived from the quality of critical thinking) are thoughts dealing with negative issues but still in a constructive and balanced way, they also might involve emotions - negative and positive.

Negative thoughts are of the useless kind based on negative emotions solely that only make things worse, and never better.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
The new branch in biology called Epigenetics gains more and more momentum. That's a good development. And another proof for mind over matter.

Environment and mind is more important for the DNA and our health than inherited gene expressions, because DNA can change and be changed all the time by our behaviours.
This seems a key point in favour of taking a critical look at all our 'I have bad genes' or 'I'm not lucky enough, like you, to have skinny genes', etc. types of thoughts which, in effect, give up our power to make change to some idea of 'our fate is in our genes':(

Whoa! Not so fast:(( Lots of research has attempted to prove that genetics is our fate, so far with only partial results, at best. Fortunately, as you say, the other side of the story is increasingly coming out:-D

Epigenetics tells a different story. One that says, yes, we do inherit traits that give us tendencies, but we can change the course of those tendencies and the outcome of those traits, sometimes dramatically, by making conscious, informed lifestyle changes.
Like eating lots of leafy greens and methylating your DNA can make your fate different from the family members that died of heart attacks in their forties...
It's another type of freedom to re/discover this<3

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I wonder though what are the true boundaries for "negative thoughts" considering that I have encountered many situations in my professional life when somebody expressed certain ideas/thoughts/perspectives/feelings/musings/instincts that were quickly labeled "negative" at the time, but later-on turned out to be realistic, wise, enlightening, etc. and should have been looked at in detail rather than labeling them "negative" and then were dismissed and the person was even chastised. Following those thoughts could have save us much turmoil and all kinds of losses if we had not used the "negative" label so quickly.
I think that Sinera already covered this but I just wanted to also respond to make it as clear as possible.

This is all about the individual and how their thought processes are going. For example, some people have to assess risk in the workplace, no matter what the type of work is, and they have to think about all the situations that may go wrong, which could be perceived as negative situations, but that doesn't mean they are being negative, they are just doing their job and being logical.

If they go home and continue to think about their issues at work in a negative way, that is not a good thing.

While coming to higher stages on the spiritual path, you begin to realise that you always need to think positive, otherwise you are going to attract and manifest situations that relate to the negative thoughts. This is a really difficult shift, to move away from thinking in a negative way, so thinking about your past in a negative light.

The energy vibration and frequency of us is made up of many factors, but a really important factor is how we think.

We have the ability to make our personal frequency very high, simply by changing the way we think about everything. One way is to be out of the mind, so we are not thinking at all, and doing this on very regular basis; that is what various forms of mediation can help with, as then we are not even thinking about things that could go wrong for us (which is different to what things may go wrong in a workplace), but in addition to that, we have the choice to manifest by being (thinking) positive.

Through being positive, and never negative, we start to create our reality and we never want our reality to be a bad experience where things go wrong, so we should be thinking about positive situations, and situations that are realistic of course, as then the manifestation is more powerful.

I will provide a personal example. A couple of months ago I had a strong disagreement and discussion with my wife. I am a very sensitive person ('HSP' in psychological labeling terms) so this situation really got me down. What I did was go and sit on our bed and for a number of hours I was thinking about said situation — really strongly thinking about it, going around in circles, over and over.

Emotional causes behind a fever: Inner turmoil, exhaustion, fragility. Feeling out of balance, undermined, fired up, angry. Belief that situations have been dealt with unfairly.​

When it was time to go to bed, I started to get a fever for no reason at all. My health was fine before that and I so rarely get fevers. It was a really bad one too and lasted most of the night. The emotional connection, which I indented above, was spot on to how I was thinking earlier in my mind about my situation a few hours earlier.

I had manifested my health issue as a result of my thoughts.

We each hold the power to manifest our future, including our health.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
For example, some people have to assess risk in the workplace, no matter what the type of work is, and they have to think about all the situations that may go wrong, which could be perceived as negative situations, but that doesn't mean they are being negative, they are just doing their job and being logical.

If they go home and continue to think about their issues at work in a negative way, that is not a good thing.

While coming to higher stages on the spiritual path, you begin to realise that you always need to think positive, otherwise you are going to attract and manifest situations that relate to the negative thoughts. This is a really difficult shift, to move away from thinking in a negative way, so thinking about your past in a negative light.
Great points, Laron! As someone who has to always be prepared for the absolute worst at work (and even when I'm not at work, unfortunately), I can vouch for the difficulty of putting that mindset away at the end of the day. After over 30 years of dealing with fear, anger and conflict, violence, and life-or-death situations on a somewhat regular basis it really does become tough to see the positive in anything.

What has really helped me though, especially over the past few years of really intense spiritual/metaphysical "study", is the realization that once we believe strongly enough in our own power as Sovereign Aspects of Source, we can shift our consciousness and physical experience to a place where we don't attract those kinds of stressful situations into our reality--or if they DO happen, we find that we can at least have some influence in how they turn out.

In the past few years, for example, every time I'm faced with a stressful situation (even if it's someone else's responsibility to "fix"), I take a second or two to visualize pure, white light spiraling around and through the situation and everyone involved. I take a couple of deep breaths to find a sense of peace (however small it may feel) and express my intentions for the highest outcome for the benefit of
All, then release any concerns I have to Source/my "Higher-Self". Then I simply move on, doing the best I can and trusting in the highest and best outcome.

I can't tell you how many situations I've experienced where something I would have been certain would end badly before, wound up working itself out fairly smoothly--with circumstances sometimes seeming to shift almost immediately after my visualization. Some may think it's nonsense--and that I'm giving this process too much credit, but out of literally hundreds of such situations, it's something I personally can't ignore.

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
once we believe strongly enough in our own power as Sovereign Aspects of Source, we can shift our consciousness and physical experience to a place where we don't attract those kinds of stressful situations into our reality--or if they DO happen, we find that we can at least have some influence in how they turn out.
What we attract, and what occurs, is based upon our energy and chakra states.

The state of our energy and chakras are defined from what we think and how we act, in addition to any karmic ties and DNA/gene memory energy. (we attract situations for learning/lessons based on this)

So it's not as simple as changing the way you think, as a lot of practical self development, including addressing fears, and healing work, needs to take place to reach that point of having a more... clear future experience.

Eventually we won't believe, but from the work put in we will clear the path through our chakras, up through our crown and transpersonal point, to our source, and therefore we will just know — that is what provides us with that strength to manifest.

Here's an excerpt (last paragraph) from my chakra article:

As our seven primary chakras move into a more balanced and natural state, the common saying, ‘like attracts like’, becomes more apparent. What we put out, we get back, as our intentions in life add to our future experiences. Those challenging situations of the past become no longer necessary, as we progress ahead, along our path — life becomes less of a struggle —and we begin to shine brightly; more time and energy is made available, assisting us with making a real difference, a difference that involves helping others. As a consequence, based on attracting what we give out, positive situations and opportunities appear, some being rather unexpected.​

Things are always going to happen around us, depending on what we do in life, as other people are facing their own manifestations and issues based on their state of being, so how we handle those situations is what's really important; through not reacting or acting out of ego (the many emotional elements), and from being clear in the mind, we will pass gracefully through without having a thought come which could cause us any from of distress, energetically or emotionally.

In the past few years, for example, every time I'm faced with a stressful situation (even if it's someone else's responsibility to "fix"), I take a second or two to visualize pure, white light spiraling around and through the situation and everyone involved. I take a couple of deep breaths to find a sense of peace (however small it may feel) and express my intentions for the highest outcome for the benefit of
All, then release any concerns I have to Source/my "Higher-Self". Then I simply move on, doing the best I can and trusting in the highest and best outcome.
This is a great technique to use to begin with, and to combat such situations, but something else this does is give energy towards said situations, meaning it can go towards keeping them in your reality.

So what I mean here is if you dealt with the situation differently, that stress would not be there, as the stress is generated through thoughts and ego, including fear. If the mind was clear and the fears were overcome, there should be no need to use methods to assist.

It can be honorable to help others in that way, but they are going through their own lessons and they need to expeirence them for good reason, so sometimes we have to be careful not to interfere, especially after advancing to higher levels, but then we would realise when we are interfering.

I like that you move on, as that is a very positive step.

What I find in life is that most people tend to create the worst situation possible, based on events, and then repeat thought patterns around that situation constantly, when the actual situation usually, if not always, turns out not as bad. So by doing this, we can actually make the situation worst, as it's a form of manifestation by thinking about the situation in a negative light. Fear is part of the issue here, but so is thoughts, as we don't need to think about any bad situations, or empower them through making them seem worse than what they are.

The webbot provides a great example of what I mean above about fear, as it tends to focus purely on negative events, when those events rarely turn out as bad, but they still usually occur unless freewill and other factors have changed the timeline. It focuses on negative events because that is most of what sits in the sea of information that it collects online, as so many people don't have control of their thoughts.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
What has really helped me though, especially over the past few years of really intense spiritual/metaphysical "study", is the realization that once we believe strongly enough in our own power as Sovereign Aspects of Source, we can shift our consciousness and physical experience to a place where we don't attract those kinds of stressful situations into our reality--or if they DO happen, we find that we can at least have some influence in how they turn out..
Stargazer, I think for me this process of shifting consciousness often feels like 'holding space'. That is, something is going on around me, I take a moment to 'check in' with my higher self, so don't get dragged down to thoughts of all those worst case scenarios that could happen. Instead, there is an opportunity to leave open the possibility of an outcome of resolution of whatever is going on. From there, one can respond openly, constructively and with compassion, leaving behind any reactive ties to past similar situations.

So what I mean here is if you dealt with the situation differently, that stress would not be there, as the stress is generated through thoughts and ego, including fear. If the mind was clear and the fears were overcome, there should be no need to use methods to assist.
This reminds me of the Buddhist concepts of 'second arrows'; that is the fear about fear, or negative thoughts about how things could go wrong, which so easily fall into place once the 'first arrow' of the initial event has occurred, if we let it. This can lead to a hail of arrows coming down to create a much more negative situation than it was initially, because the opportunity was not taken to step out of the old story of how things could go badly into that they could go well; even, as you say, if we do not know how they could go well.

So, for example. I stub my toe. I could go down that old story of how last time I stubbed my toe I hobbled for days, re-stubbing it repeatedly and being in pain for a long time. Caught up these thoughts, I could get up, angry at my perceived fate, not really paying attention and bump into the next person I encounter, because I was so caught up ruminating over my bad luck. The initial stubbed toe would be the 'first arrow'. The subsequent bad mood and re-stubbed toe were 'second arrows'. There is no limit to what type of 'second arrows' we can create.
Or, I could have taken a moment after stubbing my toe to sit with my feelings. After the anger/frustration/whatever in response to stubbing my toe had worn off I could bring an awareness to that area of my body, to be extra careful in my movements so as to avoid re-stubbing it. Maybe even take a moment to be grateful that I had an able body with which to move around and do this. From here, I could get up and check myself easily to avoid bumping into that first person I encounter, because I was present enough to do so, rather than ruminating. There is, similarly, no limit to what type of beauty we can create and in this case, my gratitude for my able body might, for example, translate into a kind look to the person I almost bumped into, leading them to smile back at me and offer me friendship.

It can be honorable to help others in that way, but they are going through their own lessons and they need to expeirence them for good reason, so sometimes we have to be careful not to interfere, especially after advancing to higher levels, but then we would realise when we are interfering.
Ah, this one requires discrimination and an ability to let go.
Very tough, I am finding, with teenagers! Where does the child end and the burgeoning adult begin?
Again, the best tool I know of is to take that moment out and see what emerges from it.
Now, if I can only put that into practice every moment of every day:fp<3

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
Good point! I should have clarified that, in expressing my intention for the highest outcome, it is also my intention to recognize, honor, and accept the free will of those involved. That's why I continually try to focus my energy toward the benefit of All.

I agree that it's sometimes difficult to see the "higher" perspective of spiritual learning when another self seems to be suffering. One's initial instinct (often driven by love) is often to want to step in and "fix" everything--when that may not be at all what the ultimate point of the experience is.

Oh...and another aspect of this process I forgot to mention is the expression of gratitude for the situation and any experience, learning, and/or benefit I may have received from it. For example, in seeing another self's hardships, I am often given an opportunity to practice giving love or compassion--and the opportunity to help use the situation as a guidepost along my own path. In that way I try to consciously appreciate everything that comes to my attention--because everything I experience does indeed benefit me in some way.

Last edited:

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
So, for example. I stub my toe. I could go down that old story of how last time I stubbed my toe I hobbled for days, re-stubbing it repeatedly and being in pain for a long time. Caught up these thoughts, I could get up, angry at my perceived fate, not really paying attention and bump into the next person I encounter, because I was so caught up ruminating over my bad luck. The initial stubbed toe would be the 'first arrow'. The subsequent bad mood and re-stubbed toe were 'second arrows'. There is no limit to what type of 'second arrows' we can create
I had a stubbed little toe on my left foot and a stubbed little finger on my right hand today, so your point is proven. As I stood up after stubbing the toe, I thought "let's not go through recriminations, the best remedy for a stubbed toe is to forget about it and move on." Apparently, I did not centre my presence well enough, as the stubbed finger soon followed! I loved to learn about your concept of the hail of arrows - I had not heard that one before.

Laron, I would be interested in your take on a direct experience I had, back in 2001, shortly before the 911 event. I regularly swam in a gym pool in a Perth city office building before work, in the pre-rush hour time of day. One day (perhaps August 2001) after my exercise I did my favourite thing of the day - drifting on my back supported by the warm water, alone in the peace and calm of the pool. There was a high glass atrium where I could look out and see one of Perth's tallest skyscrapers thrusting up with blue sky all around. Although I was unstressed, into my mental image came a picture of a plane smacking right into that skyscraper. I told myself off for having a negative thought of pure destruction, as I knew then that thoughts help create reality. But what if I was just channelling the thoughts of dark, negative entities or people who were plotting the real destruction that was to follow?

Lois

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Interestingly it is not just our own body's DNA/RNA which can be influenced by our feelings and intentions:
http://i-uv.com/new-research-shocks-scientists-human-emotion-physically-shapes-reality/

We physically (or holographically) shape everything around us, not just ourselves. Intuitively we all know this is true - we've all been around others who just make us feel good: alive, happy, well rested, capable... we don't even have to have deep and meaningful conversations with that person or have a 'healing session', just being in their energy field is enough.

xxxx

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Although I was unstressed, into my mental image came a picture of a plane smacking right into that skyscraper. I told myself off for having a negative thought of pure destruction, as I knew then that thoughts help create reality. But what if I was just channelling the thoughts of dark, negative entities or people who were plotting the real destruction that was to follow?
It can be very difficult to differentiate between a random though and a premonition. In this case it was you having a premonition by picking up on the event, which was something that was very likely to happen based in our timeline back then. So in this case you are not promoting or creating energy forms, but simply viewing existing ones.

We could ponder on the details of where and what specifically you were getting that from, such as those that planned it, (Courtney Brown from Farsight did good remote viewing project on this) or simply the actual event occurring, but I think it's more likely you were just seeing that event with the help of that tall building being a bit of a trigger.

Sometimes we will pick up on angry and negative thoughts of others and that will make us get into that mood of being negative and thinking up our own thoughts (which can be completely different to the person's thoughts that we were nearby). This is why it's really important to have friends and people in your life, those you are around on a regular basis—including work colleagues—that are of like mind and resonate more with who you are, otherwise it's an up hill battle. But then some of us are meant to be in that situation for growth and plans made in our contract.

It's just there will be a time when we jump out of all those situations that we attracted and landed in, usually after we succeed with our soul contract tasks, and fall more into our selves as we progress higher on the path, especially in this life because the energies are helping us so much. (The path to Earth school graduation—it's helpful for everyone to know and remember that we don't have to be a guru or avatar to graduate from the earth school for those who are not volunteers).

Reactions: Lila and Stargazer

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
just being in their energy field is enough.
A good point to bring up Lois. This is something that I do strongly — it's not something I promote because it would sound a bit off, and from ego if I went around saying it.

There are things in life you begin to notice and eventually 'know' are true and real about yourself, and I'm sure many of you know what I mean here. Volunteer souls, gurus, avatars, higher level shamans, spiritual masters, and so on tend to do this.

But people also have other gifts they bring with them which influence in other ways. For example, someone may create a bit of an energy flux as they visit places of commerce, so that then the place suddenly picks up and gets busier for no apparent reason.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
It can be very difficult to differentiate between a random though and a premonition. In this case it was you having a premonition by picking up on the event, which was something that was very likely to happen based in our timeline back then. So in this case you are not promoting or creating energy forms, but simply viewing existing ones.

We could ponder on the details of where and what specifically you were getting that from, such as those that planned it, (Courtney Brown from Farsight did good remote viewing project on this) or simply the actual event occurring, but I think it's more likely you were just seeing that event with the help of that tall building being a bit of a trigger.

Sometimes we will pick up on angry and negative thoughts of others and that will make us get into that mood of being negative and thinking up our own thoughts (which can be completely different to the person's thoughts that we were nearby). This is why it's really important to have friends and people in your life, those you are around on a regular basis—including work colleagues—that are of like mind and resonate more with who you are, otherwise it's an up hill battle. But then some of us are meant to be in that situation for growth and plans made in our contract.

It's just there will be a time when we jump out of all those situations that we attracted and landed in, usually after we succeed with our soul contract tasks, and fall more into our selves as we progress higher on the path, especially in this life because the energies are helping us so much. (The path to Earth school graduation—it's helpful for everyone to know and remember that we don't have to be a guru or avatar to graduate from the earth school for those who are not volunteers).
Thank you, your thoughts helped clarify that for me.

Reactions: Laron and Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)