Need help meditating (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Kmgw

Just Arrived
Jun 7, 2021
I was wondering if you could give me advice for meditation.

I have meditated on and off over the last few years, but I have made an effort to meditate every day since December.

People always talk about visions and astral travel, but all I get is darkness.
There is a tone in my head that I've always had and it gets more pronounced in meditation. I know it isn't tinnitus as I've had a test for it.
I do get vivid dreams though and they are sometimes prophetic, though I only realize it once the event starts to happen.

Lilia

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2016
Vayuna, via Switzerland
what exactly do you expect from meditation?
it sounds as if you are trying to achieve something... when actually, meditation is just about getting in touch with your own true nature, and being present with yourself in full awareness, and doesnt have to be spectacular at all...

OP
K

Kmgw

Just Arrived
Jun 7, 2021
I'm honestly not sure...
People often talk about how they hear their guides, can communicate with spirits, see other worlds and realities, etc...
I just have my thoughts, memories and my imagination. I usually end up trying to figure something out or my body needs to stretch.

I struggle with guided meditations as nothing happens and I usually go way ahead of the recording. For example, while recording it still trying to take me up the stairs, I've gone through the door.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
as nothing happens
that is the point - calm your mind - once you can do that, then other experiences may unfold.

The place on which you posted this thread is full of many sources about meditation. Give them a read.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I'm a meditation teacher among many other things. We have a guide on meditation pinned to the top of this board.

True Meditation & The Most Efficient Methods
This is what you need to achieve, so you are doing it right (darkness). That is what meditation is, you need to quiet the mind and focus on one thing only. Once you are able to keep thoughts out for up to 20-30 minutes in a single session, you are ready to use it for other means, such as remote viewing, OBE techniques, accessing the akashic, returning to your higher self, etc. Try and do two sessions at least a day (45 minutes eventually is good, but start with 10-20 minutes).

Some topics online are misconstrued, and not helpful for people. I've found that the word meditation has been thrown around a lot and people have lost the true meaning of it. People think guided meditation is meditating, but it's not. People think seeing visions is meditation, but it's not. Those are other things and should have different labels. Guided is great to target specific issues that need healing and/or to get guidance and communicate with other beings. You can also use it to focus on your ego as the thoughts that come up can relate to aspects of ego, as well as emotional trauma that needs healing.

Visions is a result of long term meditation, (some people are gifted and just get them) which you can use 'guided' meditation to achieve it.

Take twin flames for example, in my opinion, there's no such thing, a twin flame is just a soul mate that you've spent more time with in a relationship via past lives. There's so much rubbish coming out of channeled sources online that the concept was created because of that, but much of the channeled sources are not actually the true source, but lower frequency beings manipulating people.

There is a tone in my head that I've always had and it gets more pronounced in meditation. I know it isn't tinnitus as I've had a test for it.
I do get vivid dreams though and they are sometimes prophetic, though I only realize it once the event starts to happen.
Have you tried focusing just on the tone when meditating? It may be helpful for your meditation, but I do recommend mantras as the first thing to try long term for meditation.

Last edited:

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Meditation comes easily to me now. It didn't always. Like you, I'd feel like getting up or stretching or scratching an itch or whatever. Even mantras didn't help me much. I don't know what exactly made the switch for me but I can suggest that starting outdoors in a place that smells, feels and sounds good may be a really good place to start. For me, that's always been one of the easiest ways to relax.

Think of falling asleep on a beach while hearing the waves swish until you don't hear anything at all (not really; as your focus has turned inward). I believe that's a way some folks, including myself, have meditated without realizing it. I wouldn't have called it meditation during those early attempts at meditating the way it had been suggested. I believe I would now.

Agree that there is a treasure trove of ideas written on this site which can provide a start. You can try things and see what works for you. It will have been time very well spent whether or not you achieve certain things you'd expected.

theGalacticTravelChannel

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter

I have meditated on and off over the last few years, but I have made an effort to meditate every day since December.

I have a questions.

Are you new to meditation? Is December when you first began?
Do you more naturally sit or lay down?
What is the length of your practice?
What time of day do you practice?

Every day is good!

OP
K

Kmgw

Just Arrived
Jun 7, 2021
I have a questions.

Are you new to meditation? Is December when you first began?
Do you more naturally sit or lay down?
What is the length of your practice?
What time of day do you practice?

Every day is good!
I have meditated on-and-off for the past 10 years but I only started trying to get to the point of meditating properly a few years ago, with December being the point of making an effort to meditate at least once per day.

Unfortunately, my meditations are usually 10min long without a stopwatch. I keep needing to stretch and itch.
I try in the morning and evening, but I always make an effort to lie in the sun when it's out and meditate at the same time.

theGalacticTravelChannel

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Kmgw,

10 minutes is a very good place to begin, not too long, not too short, easy to commit to daily. In the morning as you are getting up, and again as you are going in is exceptional. If you have an itch, itch it, there is no rule that says you cannot move. Move as the energy in the moment encourages you to. This is a part of the noticing that goes on to help you notice even more. Noticing is an important aspect of meditation. Without it, as you say, nothing much seems to happen. But there is a very great deal that is happening. It is moreso that we ourselves may not be noticing. So,

As you have mentioned this as a predicament in your post, a first suggestion to you would be to put your point of attention at the brow. Let this be a practice within your evolving meditation. Put the attention at the brow, literally look up into the space between the eyebrows. Hold the attention and the gaze here. It is a practice. Keep practicing until the practice is effortless. As the attention is at the brow, pay attention to the fact that you are breathing. Feeeel this.

1. Attention at the brow
2. Feeeeeling the breath

Let us know what happens!

Last edited:
  • Cool Post
Reactions: Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)