Near Death Experience and Kundalini (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
Individuals who undergo a Near Death Experience (NDE) report a number of effects encountered during and after the experience. The same goes for those who undergo a Kundalini experience. What's interesting is that some, but not all, of the effects are shared between the two. In any case, there's a definite overlap, even though they are two different experiences.

For the moment, however, no physical science is able to attest to the certainty of the effects as reported. They lie outside what is perceivable with our five physical senses, and therefore what is perceivable with scientific instruments at this time. In other words, the effects experienced during these events take place within the metaphysical (meaning beyond the physical) dimension. In the future, who knows? Perhaps instruments will be capable of penetrating beyond the physical universe. It is not a question of belief; it’s a question of technology.

Anyway, because NDE reports are so similar — in spite of the origins, locations, backgrounds or morphology of the participants — various university psychology and medical departments are now saying that these anecdotal accounts cannot be only imaginary — that they are worth investigating.

https://www.commonsensekundalini.com/science_spirituality/near_death_experience_and_k.html

I remember reading a book by PMH Atwater many years ago, where she compared the effects of an NDE and a Kundalini experience, how they both seemed to promote self-healing amongst other things. I was trying to find her old website, but it appears to have been relegated to the Internet Archive wayback machine.

https://web.archive.org/web/20070726004501/http://www.cinemind.com/atwater/ndearticles.html

Anyway I thought that I would include a few NDE links here as well:-

From the Roundtable
https://www.transients.info/roundtable/threads/preparing-for-death-the-end-of-this-life.2725/
https://www.transients.info/roundtable/threads/just-an-ordinary-everyday-near-death-experience.1038/
https://www.transients.info/roundtable/threads/an-out-of-body-experience-during-surgery-—-a-journey-to-the-other-side.2212/

The International Association for Near-Death Studies
https://iands.org/

Near-Death Experiences and the Afterlife
https://www.near-death.com/index.html

OP
Toller

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
I've found some information on the Kundalini now :-

The Three Phases of Kundalini

Date: February 23, 2015 Author: maryshutan

It has been my direct experience as well as from hearing hundred of client experiences that there are three distinct phases of Kundalini. Most literature is focused on the first phase either because it is an intellectualization of the Kundalini process without direct experience (there is a lot of this out there) or because the author or experiencer has not reached past the first phase themselves.

The first phase of Kundalini is talked about a fair amount. This is in general the processing of the first three chakras. This is what 90 percent (yes, I made that number up) of people who are experiencing Kundalini are working through (if they are actually experiencing a Kundalini awakening and not a stirring or different type of awakening such as a Top Down awakening, channeling, psychic abilities, etc). When Kundalini arises out of the base of the spine it does so with a primary objective- to clear a path so it can flow. What is blocking it you may ask? Well, all of the emotions, traumas, physical experiences (such as that nasty fall on your tailbone, broken bones, whiplash, and repetitive stress for example), and physical processes (such as diseases) that are causing issues in your body. This is obviously a lot of material.

During this first phase you begin clearing your own material… and then find yourself coming into contact with bigger flows of energy. And bigger blockages. The traumas, wounds, and energies from our family, our ancestors, and past lives are processed- or come up for clearing. This is a deeply physical, emotional, spiritual process. It results in a lot of physical and emotional pain, existential crisis when your belief systems suddenly shift after you have cleared a big ancestral pattern (for example), and a lot of the symptoms discussed here of twitching, lack of control, changes in the body/mind/spirit and even near-death experiences.

The first phase of Kundalini awakening is a very difficult process. Even though you may flicker– or realize “higher” experiences of oneness, bliss, peace, and all of the wonderful things of being in flow and having the direct experience that you are in divine flow– these are temporary as you sludge through the layers and layers of un-awakened Self. It is also true that Kundalini may flow up the spine higher temporarily as you realize the possibilities of the second and third phases of Kundalini. When Kundalini courses temporarily with great force, we get a lot of symptoms (like a great wave crashing on a rock) in the midst of it, and then our Kundalini becomes less active or forceful and returns to the first, second, or third chakra processing. So we may realize a further state (such as the second phase of K rising) but then we go back to what we need to process in the first when the energy becomes less of a tsunami and more of a gentle flow.

I couldn't see a copyright notice, but I've still only included the first part, you can find the rest here:-
http://maryshutan.com/the-three-phases-of-kundalini/

Some research and statistics
Near-Death Experiences and the Physio-Kundalini Syndrome:-
http://krnweb.blogspot.com/2011/05/article-near-death-experiences-and.html

OP
Toller

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
My wife and I rented a boathouse in the Norfolk Broads for two weeks back in June 1994 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Broads)

Ludham Boathouse.jpg

It was during the second week that I remember being stung on the leg by one of those small wasps one morning, not your regular type wasps. By the evening I was feeling very strange and retreated to the small hut which you can see to the right of the boathouse.
While I was sitting in there I suddenly experienced a peculiar rush of energy from the base of my spine up my back.
Although you can't see it in the picture, behind the boathouse is water (staithe in local), the lower part of the boathouse is water (where the boat is), so for a week or so I had been sleeping over water. I don't know whether my affinity for water had anything to do with it, but who knows. I always feel more comfortable by the sea or a large body of water.
Anyway, from my point of view, things started to fall apart, I was getting an hours sleep a night if I was lucky. This went on for months, I was lucky to be able to hold on to my job at the time. I kept going to my GP to try and find out what was wrong, tests were done and nothing was found. Eventually I gave up on the NHS and started looking at alternative treatments. After a couple of false starts, I managed to find a treatment that suited me, eventually managing on my own.

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I had experienced that Kundalini energy in 2009 involuntarily. Going up the torso it feels like it's ripping you apart. Quite an energy. I wasn't panicked because it happened it sleep paralysis, two times, so I was more in trance state. I did not know what it was back then only later found out about Kundalini which I had never heard of. It is of course much more and I only had this 'symptom' if you will, no full Kundalini experience over weeks or so. I am also not seeking it. Never did.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Toller, thanks for posting your amazing experience. It seems to have been an ongoing process for you for the last 24 years. Also, while the work of Mary Shutan seems familiar, I am really enjoying digging into some of it. A really great find. Thanks, again.

• Considerate
Reactions: Toller

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Like you, Toller, my first experience was 20+ years ago and the result of traumatic injury from an auto accident. It was my great good fortune to be seeing therapists who knew exactly what was happening and explained it to me. So, I saw it as something friendly - a lovely flame that moved around my spine. It stopped at my throat chakra, which I've heard is a sticking point for many women. The next years were much as described in Shutan's article. Then 8-9 years ago, it began again and progressed all the way. (I took to wearing ball caps when I was out as a reminder to "hold it together" enough to manage being in the regular world.) This became a period of tremendous change for me - basically leaving everything I thought defined me behind.

I agree with HM - that article is really good.

OP
Toller

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
Yes, Mary Shutan's blog has a lot of very interesting writings now that I've had time to explore it further. During the last few months I seem to have cleared out a lot of stuff from my childhood, including the accident when I was just five years old. The left hand side of my face swelled up back in August, as though someone had punched me around my left eye, though no discolouration showed, just a lot of swelling. Shortly after, the same happened with my left ear, at the moment, it's my left ear again doing strange things, plus a lot of activity around my base chakra (and hence my brow chakra because they are linked).

OP
Toller

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
A new update from Mary Mueller Shutan - May 2021 :-

The First Stage of Kundalini Awakening

Several years ago I wrote The Three Phases of Kundalini. It is one of my most popular blogs, and I occasionally get questions from people asking if several years later I would write anything differently.

The answer to this question is yes. The way I wrote about kundalini in my first book, The Spiritual Awakening Guide(ten years ago), the way I wrote about kundalini in my three phases blog, and the way I write about kundalini in my latest book, Working with Kundalini, are all different in some regards.

This does not mean that what I would seek to change anything in what I wrote. My first book would have been exactly what I needed twenty years ago, my blog fifteen years ago, and my book, Working with Kundalini, was a sort of (jokingly) exorcism– the release of the fifteen years of intensive verging on obsessive (at times) study and experiences undergoing a kundalini awakening.

What happens with kundalini awakening, or any spiritual awakening of some depth, is that who we are and what we think can drastically change. This can happen in a moment, or can happen over many years. In my case, study of kundalini has been a demanding mistress. Study of any spiritual subject is– the close you get to it, the more ineffable it is, and the more is unknown regarding it.

Spiritual awakening is like gradually becoming conscious of just how much is unknown; it is the clear realization of where the boundaries of our knowledge lie– what we do and do not know.

But with study (embodied study– meaning daily, lived experience of spirituality) the ability to describe things in simpler and simpler ways develops. Teaching does this as well. There is nothing like relating experiences to clients, students, and readers that allows for you to communicate clearly.

I would now define kundalini as consciousness. A kundalini awakening is consciousness rising. Specifically, forced consciousness rising.

I will mention that there are many different kinds of spiritual awakening. Kundalini is one kind of awakening. I would liken this to the oft-used proverbial mountain analogy. I would say that no matter what kind of spiritual awakening you have, kundalini awakening is sort of mid-mountain. But some individuals experience kundalini awakening suddenly, and others experience it after other types of awakening. Still others never climb said mountain, as climbing said mountain requires an immense amount of effort.

It is much easier to say that you have climbed a mountain than to actually climb a mountain.

Kundalini is a latent energy that we all have. Picture your spine. It has curves– our anatomical spine creates structure around our chakras. Our sacrum (the triangular bone at the end of our spine) is like a giant cup. It holds the massive potential that is kundalini.

We require this structure to contain flow, to allow for that flow to have direction and purpose. The feminine (why kundalini is sometimes is referred to as goddess energy) polarity (kundalini, the body, our genitals, the flowing, dark, intuitive, feeling principle that allows for a state of being) requires the masculine polarity (the head, ego-mind, ordering, structuring, containing and activating) structure to work properly.

In kundalini awakenings we experience the flow of the dark feminine. It meets the masculine and gradually intertwines, releasing contradiction, this vs. that, and separation. The head and the body become one, and polarities intertwine and work together.

More here-

• Winner
Reactions: Linda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)