Music, the Tunnel Towards Evolving Consciousness (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Brian

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 28, 2016
California
As we evolve in consciousness, so does everything else. Nothing is left untouched when change comes. Thus, even our music evolves. These songs show a higher level of complexity, maybe through how well they are written, the intricacy of how they're played, or simply by the effect they have on you. Therefore, helping you advance in consciousness and leading you to that sunrise of a new earth.

Of course it is debatable which songs in particular actually expand our consciousness. As the saying goes,
'to each their own.' Thus, it all hinges on your perspective, as there are a wide variety of songs that may fit into these categories. So, feel free to share a song that you think may be beneficial for others to hear.

A further look at the sort of songs that I am referring to... The 'crème de la crème,' the best of the best. Songs that have a deeper meaning. A song that leaves you speechless, a song that you don't understand on the first listen. Overall, a song with layers where even spiritual principles may be applied to them because that is just how well they are written.

These sort of songs don't come by very often. They are not a dime a dozen, rather they are like a diamond hidden in the rough. As we all listen to different kinds of music, the list shall be mended with the many facets of the same metaphorical diamond. The diamond being the jewel that changes you and in time, hopefully someone else along the way.

Last edited:
OP
Brian

Brian

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 28, 2016
California
I like music that tells a story. Music that has a deeper meaning. Multiple interpretations. Before any of that, it has to be pleasant to the ears. :ps

I remember when I heard this song and liked it for its musical value. After listening to what was actually being said within the lyrics, I had a "what?oh!" moment. Didn't realize that some songs talked about O.O.

Thus, I believe songs that make you question your reality end up helping you expand within consciousness. :kiss:s

Last edited:
OP
Brian

Brian

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 28, 2016
California
Usually when I listen to music, the first time I hear a song I try to feel it. Close my eyes and just listen as if hearing the nonsensical sounds which nature seems to make. However, if I enjoy these noises that enter my ears, then I'll examine them further. What's the meaning behind the song, what are the lyrics actually trying to convey.

For the above song, the lyrics describe a spaceman who came travelling to earth. An alien? Maybe. Why? To help or possibly to see baby Jesus.

When 2000 years go by another baby shall be born to fulfill their destiny, which the spaceman will come back to see again. Similar to our cosmic patterns. Earth's cycles of rebirth. The astrological cycles changing. Our past is meant to be repeated until we truly learn from our mistakes or to just give the same opportunity to a new generation.

We have arrived in that mythical/prophesied time when the spaceman will be coming back. Will we start an era of peace or will we error in our ways, yet again never learning from our past mistakes. Like Atlantis we shall fall or like something new, something that the universe has never seen before, we shall rise into a new higher consciousness finally breaking what seems to be a neverending pattern.
:-D

Last edited:

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
After some clarification in the other thread I believe this is the place/thread to post music with metaphysical / spiritual lyrics. So here I go...
I believe songs that make you question your reality end up helping you expand within conciousness
This expansion happened with this kind of music quite literally. I also posted this before in the general music thread but it fits here better for the personal history of mine.

When I saw their live DVD in 2009 the night before going to bed with intent to project I managed to get my first very impressive OBE in my home, one I did not forget to this very day seeing myself from above in my bed and all that.

I think they had an influence and I am grateful to Faun to this very day. It's maybe due to their pagan folk spiritual and ambient music using some shamanic rhythms. (I admit I am also quite a bit into medieval or oriental folk anyway discovering right at that time in 2009 for me).

The first song and concert opener ("Gaia") is about the love for Gaia (a kind of prayer to Mother Earth) and the 2nd song ("Wheel") which blends into it seamlessly can be interpreted as a pagan song about reincarnation. You can turn on the subtitles in English (left YT screen button) in the first vid.

The first vid is the live version (with subbed English lyrics) which I love. I also love the very different studio version below it which gives it a more oriental touch musically.

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I do not want to start 'spamming' this thread with too many things, so just one more from me. This time a more ET- or even fairy-related tune.

I posted this before so it is a copy but again, it fits here better and I believe it somehow got lost in the other thread due to a page break maybe. I also tried doing a short translation of the first part, so therefore this re-post - and also for the beauty of this out-of-world-song from 1984 of which I am certain that no one here knows it, even the majority in my home country doesn't nowadays. (It was not even a hit single of this group back then but they had some much greater ones indeed).

I really wonder what it is about (abduction..?) or what he had 'in mind' when he wrote this song.

----------------------------------------- copy ------------------------------

Recently I rediscovered and rekindled my love of my favourite band from the early 80ies.

Art Rock band Spliff.

I now listened to this and started to wonder if this is even a kind of starseed song. Since this is (also) a starseed and ET-oriented forum in some way, I thought I could post it here.

Made a short and quick translation from German to English of the first part of this song "Sirius":

a stranger (ET?) comes and sends regards
from a woman far away
white eyes tell things
that I know from my dream

a desert wind blows in
brings the whiff of a fairy
and she turns around to me
I have to go now on my way

my love, let's go
and say this world good-bye
so long you have been on your way
now all will be fine

when the journey is over
you and I will be alone
in Sirius

when the journey is over
you and I will be alone
in Sirius

Spliff - Sirius (album "Schwarz auf Weiß" (Black on White) 1984)

Sinera

MalleableLife7

Just Arrived
Jul 5, 2018
I have 2 songs I’d like to share. Before that though, I would like to speak on the energetic truth behind the different spiritual ramifications of song lyrics and music/rhythm itself. As a professional musician, clairaudient, and sound healer, I would like to say that I disagree with the notion stated above that deep soul-stirring lyrics should be obscure and should require a second listen to grasp their meaning. While there is nothing wrong with this or symbolically challenging lyrics whatsoever(as long as the intent of the symbolism is for the greatest good of the human race and entire cosmos and not for any form of evil intent through deception), simple and easily intuited lyrics serve yet a different but equally important role in the ascension process. By appealing to a wider audience of people who otherwise wouldn’t put in the time to puzzle out cryptic hidden explanations, sometimes simple lyrics can be deep, powerful messages that reach a broader audience. Such as the simple yet, deeply resonating lyrics of ‘Imagine’ by John Lennon.

Here’s how I see the difference: While LYRICS stir thoughts and plant idealogical seeds in your mind and heart that can be used as a personal spiritual compass or as a springboard to propel and keep your thoughts and consciousness in the direction that you feel spirit is leading you; the MUSIC itself, either with or without a separate percussive rhythm behind it, can be utilized through the use of modal changes and especially Divine harmonics to create literal energy forces(vibrational frequencies) from a state of non-existing potential energy one moment, to a living auditory state of perceptible vibration wherein those frequencies are heard and felt, yet still remain unseen. Unless of course the vibration is traveling through liquid or solid states of matter. In that case, you can respectively either see the vibrations creating ripples in liquid or, your body picks up the shaking feeling(either through the feeling of your feet on the ground, or through the energetic blast of sound that permeates the physical tissue) because having any type of energy pass through the body changes it on a cellular, molecular, atomic and most importantly, a genetic level. I also categorize the melody that the lyrics take on as a part of the music itself. This is because melody is tonal, pitch-dependent, and most importantly, the building block of harmony, which in turn leads us right back to harmonics!

So to put it as simply as I know how... Since we all know that energy can effect us down to the genetic and cellular level, even creating something some of us experience called frisson(French word pronounced ‘free-saw’) that is described as the feeling of ‘aesthetic harmonic dermal chills’ or crudely referred to as a ‘musical skin-gasm’, here is proof positive that harmonically strong, well arranged musical compositions can directly influence and raise the vibratory state of our physical being, therefore aiding us in our ascension/awakening process. While on the other hand, lyrics, as stated earlier, affect our cognitive and emotional states, allowing us to make connections between our own ideas and those ideals in which the words of the song refer to.

In summary, Lyrics AFFECT emotion, feeling and thought; Music EFFECTS the quantifiable vibration of our vessel, having an actual ascendant quality as it changes the frequency of our physical body.

Whew! I apologize if some parts of that were redundant and also for the extremely long first post of mine on these forums. But if some of you here haven’t ever looked at it like that, it really does shed some light on what exactly is going on between mind, body, and spirit when touched by what to us is holy, sacred, and personally meaningful music! I also thought you guys would enjoy a discussion about how these main parts of music/songs/hymns/chants and the like, absolutely DO lead to evolving consciousness!

Here are the first two songs that came to mind when reading the OP. They both have great lyrics, melodies, harmonies, that when allowed, can most definitely aid in yours and the ascension/awakening process of others.

1. Believe by Lenny Kravitz.
Be sure to note the lyrics that speak of the oneness of all of us and how belief alters reality if we only have faith that it will and we continually strive for positive change. Also, the outro of this song is incredibly powerful, vibrationally speaking. There is something very special about the chord progression for the solo at the end of the song that creates a resonance of holy power within the elevated and discerning listener.

2. Beyond by Daft Punk
The lyrics again here are trancendent. They speak of rising above your normal, psychical 3rd dimensional life, conquering your dreams and finding your higher self in order to reconnect with the true memories within your soul which never developed amnesia since your 3rd density body incarnated. This song has a couple of my very favorite lines in it as well. After explaining that you are a powerful immortal energy, that you can manifest yourself in many different forms, and that you can and already may reside in many different levels of reality, the lyrics say, ‘The perfect song is framed with silence. It speaks of places never seen. Your home’s a promise long forgotten. It is the birthplace of your dreams.’

Hope you enjoy!

P.S. I did not touch on the rhythm side of music here because 1)I had already made my long winded point, and 2) because of the fact that The Law of Rhythm is both one of the 7 Hermetic Principles and one of the 12 Universal Laws so it could use its own discussion and deserves more explanation than I have time for after all of that!

Steven

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
I like music that tells a story. Music that has a deeper meaning. Multiple interpretations. Before any of that, it has to be pleasant to the ears. :ps

I remember when I heard this song and liked it for its musical value. After listening to what was actually being said within the lyrics, I had a "what?oh!" moment. Didn't realize that some songs talked about O.O.

Thus, I believe songs that make you question your reality end up helping you expand within consciousness. :kiss:s

Fantastic, I always loved this song.

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
I have 2 songs I’d like to share. Before that though, I would like to speak on the energetic truth behind the different spiritual ramifications of song lyrics and music/rhythm itself. As a professional musician, clairaudient, and sound healer, I would like to say that I disagree with the notion stated above that deep soul-stirring lyrics should be obscure and should require a second listen to grasp their meaning. While there is nothing wrong with this or symbolically challenging lyrics whatsoever(as long as the intent of the symbolism is for the greatest good of the human race and entire cosmos and not for any form of evil intent through deception), simple and easily intuited lyrics serve yet a different but equally important role in the ascension process. By appealing to a wider audience of people who otherwise wouldn’t put in the time to puzzle out cryptic hidden explanations, sometimes simple lyrics can be deep, powerful messages that reach a broader audience. Such as the simple yet, deeply resonating lyrics of ‘Imagine’ by John Lennon.

Here’s how I see the difference: While LYRICS stir thoughts and plant idealogical seeds in your mind and heart that can be used as a personal spiritual compass or as a springboard to propel and keep your thoughts and consciousness in the direction that you feel spirit is leading you; the MUSIC itself, either with or without a separate percussive rhythm behind it, can be utilized through the use of modal changes and especially Divine harmonics to create literal energy forces(vibrational frequencies) from a state of non-existing potential energy one moment, to a living auditory state of perceptible vibration wherein those frequencies are heard and felt, yet still remain unseen. Unless of course the vibration is traveling through liquid or solid states of matter. In that case, you can respectively either see the vibrations creating ripples in liquid or, your body picks up the shaking feeling(either through the feeling of your feet on the ground, or through the energetic blast of sound that permeates the physical tissue) because having any type of energy pass through the body changes it on a cellular, molecular, atomic and most importantly, a genetic level. I also categorize the melody that the lyrics take on as a part of the music itself. This is because melody is tonal, pitch-dependent, and most importantly, the building block of harmony, which in turn leads us right back to harmonics!

So to put it as simply as I know how... Since we all know that energy can effect us down to the genetic and cellular level, even creating something some of us experience called frisson(French word pronounced ‘free-saw’) that is described as the feeling of ‘aesthetic harmonic dermal chills’ or crudely referred to as a ‘musical skin-gasm’, here is proof positive that harmonically strong, well arranged musical compositions can directly influence and raise the vibratory state of our physical being, therefore aiding us in our ascension/awakening process. While on the other hand, lyrics, as stated earlier, affect our cognitive and emotional states, allowing us to make connections between our own ideas and those ideals in which the words of the song refer to.

In summary, Lyrics AFFECT emotion, feeling and thought; Music EFFECTS the quantifiable vibration of our vessel, having an actual ascendant quality as it changes the frequency of our physical body.

Whew! I apologize if some parts of that were redundant and also for the extremely long first post of mine on these forums. But if some of you here haven’t ever looked at it like that, it really does shed some light on what exactly is going on between mind, body, and spirit when touched by what to us is holy, sacred, and personally meaningful music! I also thought you guys would enjoy a discussion about how these main parts of music/songs/hymns/chants and the like, absolutely DO lead to evolving consciousness!

Here are the first two songs that came to mind when reading the OP. They both have great lyrics, melodies, harmonies, that when allowed, can most definitely aid in yours and the ascension/awakening process of others.

1. Believe by Lenny Kravitz.
Be sure to note the lyrics that speak of the oneness of all of us and how belief alters reality if we only have faith that it will and we continually strive for positive change. Also, the outro of this song is incredibly powerful, vibrationally speaking. There is something very special about the chord progression for the solo at the end of the song that creates a resonance of holy power within the elevated and discerning listener.

2. Beyond by Daft Punk
The lyrics again here are trancendent. They speak of rising above your normal, psychical 3rd dimensional life, conquering your dreams and finding your higher self in order to reconnect with the true memories within your soul which never developed amnesia since your 3rd density body incarnated. This song has a couple of my very favorite lines in it as well. After explaining that you are a powerful immortal energy, that you can manifest yourself in many different forms, and that you can and already may reside in many different levels of reality, the lyrics say, ‘The perfect song is framed with silence. It speaks of places never seen. Your home’s a promise long forgotten. It is the birthplace of your dreams.’

Hope you enjoy!

P.S. I did not touch on the rhythm side of music here because 1)I had already made my long winded point, and 2) because of the fact that The Law of Rhythm is both one of the 7 Hermetic Principles and one of the 12 Universal Laws so it could use its own discussion and deserves more explanation than I have time for after all of that!

Steven
I particularly like ‘Believe ‘ and absolutely love the solo at the end.
And in ‘Beyond ‘ Your home’s a promise long forgotton. It is the birthplace of your dreams.
Those word went deep with me.
Music is so good for the soul, it lifts us up to other realms. Magical.

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
I don't know if music need be lyrical to have a spiritual meaning. I'm listening more and more to instrumental pieces and find Love everywhere. It needn't be slow and pastoral, nor overly melodic or layered. Good happy dancing music will work too, showing a spark for life. Even a good "scherzo" ... This piece has always hit home for some reason.
an interesting version of an old classic...
The joy of being alive after a hard day in the fields...

Reactions: June

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
Ah, Puck, Ravel’s Bolero. Another one I’ve loved.
And see how,folk love music being played in the street, puts a smile on their faces, brings joy to their hearts.
We need music in our lives, even Rap, yuck, can’t stand it myself but some love it, including my granddaughter who does it like a real pro. Yep, music is soul food.

Reactions: Pucksterguy

One65

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jul 31, 2018
Canada
Music can really make or break my vibration. I love all the suggestions above.

I was going to start a new thread called "Ascension Playlist", but it looks like it is already in progress. Here are a few of my favorites:

Hymns to the Silence - Van Morrison
In The Garden - Van Morrison
Shed A Little Light - James Taylor
Wrapped In Grey - XTC
Great Fire - XTC
Sowing The Seeds Of Love - Tears For Fears
The Tide Is Turning - Roger Waters
The Power Of Love - Frankie Goes To Hollywood

So much music, so little time...

Reactions: Margie and Laron

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
One65 - Van the man is one of my favorites - he has something for just about every experience!

Reactions: Margie and One65

One65

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jul 31, 2018
Canada
He sure does. I had no idea he was Awake until after I awakened. Funny how you can miss the most obvious stuff when you have your 3D blinders on!

Reactions: Margie and Linda

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I this isn't spiritual lyrics I don't know what is.

SHADOW

Alone, I sat outside
At the foot of the mountain
As the daylight, a visitor came
Shadow was the name

I stared towards
Shadow straight in return
In my innermost inside
At my outermost outside
We both held the gaze

With howling silence
I asked the way
Shadow gave no answer

With howling silence
I asked the meaning
Shadow gave no answer

As the sunlight leaves
Shadow slips away
Into the stonewall

As my heart was hammering
I croaked at the rock
With a dwarven tongue (echoes)
Shadow replied

The fire force you from within
without a trace, slips into darkness

Still you slumber deep inside
Still you slumber deep inside
wildly dancing, two becomes one

Shadow, give me answers (Answers)
The truth is known to you (You)
I feel your haste when I try to find (Find)
In searching you I find within (Within)

Answers you find within
(Answers you find within)
(Answers you find within)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)