Music Part Two (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
<3<3<3 LOL:):-D:ROFL:

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Yeah! I love Elbow, also once saw them live as a support for REM (must have been 10 years or more ago).

I also made a post here about them in the Music Thread Part One, also with several (mostly live) videos. Found the post, if you're interested, here:

https://www.transients.info/roundtable/threads/music.300/page-7#post-21437

I noted, you have to scroll down a little to the post because the bookmark link does not really work due to a somehow faulty webpage script (Laron?), at least that is what Firefox tells me.

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
Yeah! I love Elbow, also once saw them live as a support for REM (must have been 10 years or more ago).

I also made a post here about them in the Music Thread Part One, also with several (mostly live) videos. Found the post, if you're interested, here:

https://www.transients.info/roundtable/threads/music.300/page-7#post-21437

I noted, you have to scroll down a little to the post because the bookmark link does not really work due to a somehow faulty webpage script (Laron?), at least that is what Firefox tells me.
Thanks Sinera, I found the post. Seems we only overlapped on 'Grounds for Divorce'. I've recorded 3 Glastonbury sets for Elbow 2010 (I think), 2014 and 2017.

Reactions: Sinera

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Linda?
"Go"

Lila?
"Go."

Lorna?
"Go."

Maryann"
"Make it so — go."

Anaeika?
"Go."

Golmona?
"Go."

Henda?
She's still out of body... wait... "Go."

Pod?
"Go."

Stargazer?
"I'm back... go!"

Laron
"The Roundtable is a go."

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
I'm probably posting stuff that's too old, this one's more up to date.

Rae Morris, album 'Someone Out There' (recently released) title track.

It's not like Go! though.

Last edited:
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
We need some traveling music - remember road trips?

and for those of you across the pond - sorry, did not find an Aussie or Kiwi version

Reactions: Pucksterguy

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
Linda?
"Go"

Lila?
"Go."

Lorna?
"Go."

Maryann"
"Make it so — go."

Anaeika?
"Go."

Golmona?
"Go."

Henda?
She's still out of body... wait... "Go."

Pod?
"Go."

Stargazer?
"I'm back... go!"

Laron
"The Roundtable is a go."
Is this our version of ballroom blitz? All right fellas let's gooooo:):-D:ROFL::cool:

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Here is a Flight of the Conchords song — they're a New Zealand band, a favorite of mine. I went to one of their concerts in Sydney back in 2012. Some folk in the USA may be familiar with their two season HBO series.

Here's a humorous video introducing a song they did for Red Nose day, a well-known annual charity event in New Zealand to raise money for kids who have cancer.

Skip to 10:16 to reach the song if you are not interested in the skit leading up to it which includes lots of demonstrations of the kiwi accent.

Also singing along with Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement are some very famous NZ artists, including Dave Dobbyn.

And here is one of their more serious songs.

And here is Dave Dobbyn's most famous song, Slice of Heaven, which ended up being part of the theme song for the New Zealand-Australian made movie, Footrot Flats, based on a famous comic strip in NZ. This song, and this movie, was very familiar to me when I was around age 7.

Slice of Heaven topped the charts that year in both Australia and New Zealand, when the movie was released in 1986.

Last edited:

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
As a child, I used to receive a Rupert annual every Christmas (I've still got them), Paul McCartney used to get the same. I can still remember this particular story.

Paul McCartney wrote and produced the following animated film released in 1984, the song reached #3 in the charts.

Rupert and the Frog Song

The full length animated film can be found here:-

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
From the YT description field (the band themselves):

The song is about the lost spirit of a viking woman and a Volva trying to guide her back to the other side

Attergangar (Revenant)
Sjå mot den andre ende (Look towards the other end)
Sjå dit deg Enden sende (Look towards the place to where The End sent you)
Djupt i den jord der dei haugla deg (Deep in the soil where they put you in your mound)
Sjå mot det ljos der dei ynskjer deg (Look towards the light where you are wanted)
Kvil i haug (Rest in mound)
Gløym dine kvite bein og....... (Forget your white bones and....)
Gløym det som var din heim (Forget the place that was your home)
Ei skal du vandra i eigen fordum (You shall not wander in you own past)
Søk dit ditt eige blod er nær (Seek to where your own blood is close)
Kvil i haug (Rest in mound)

Völva is a kind of Norse Viking era shaman/seer woman:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Völva

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
In light of current events ... two days ago been again to a live concert with a buddy of mine (with whom I do this hobby of us for many years now). It was these guys and they are for sure one of the best and the most energetic live bands you can imagine. Here's two examples, 'hell' of a party going on with these blokes on stage, believe me ...

:)

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
I came across this and thought I'd share it here. It's a classical piano piece by Mozart written for 2 pianos. I Love this stuff, I'd love to hear a version for guitar. The visuals transcribe the music in bars. It's much like having the written music scrolling as the artists play. This is the creator's website http://musanim.com/about_sammam.html
Here's a couple of pieces...

Reactions: Lila and Sinera

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)