Music Appreciation (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

One65

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jul 31, 2018
Canada
Sinera, Pucksterguy, and I are feeling that music is important to what is going on right now. We would like to propose a bit of fun with song. Here is the premise: We are going to post a song each, in turn, with a note as to why the song matters. The reason can be big or small, but it is coming with heart-felt reasons. The listener needs to listen to it in its entirety, without judgement or prejudice and try to "feel" it. Even if the genre, artist, or year just isn't your cup of tea. You may post your positive or neutral comments. Negative comments are strongly discouraged.

The idea is about growth. And tolerance. And seeing the world through someone else's eyes. It is okay to not agree with the choices, but you need to give it a good listen with an open heart and mind first. We do ask that if you do not enjoy it (after a solid effort) that you refrain from negative comments. Let it be for others to have their own experience and make up their own mind.

This thread is not limited to us three. Please join in. All are welcome.

Things have been nutty, and are going to get worse. We here know why, but still have to look to each other sometimes to ground ourselves and for reassurance. Lets have a little fun while we are at it.

With Respect,

One65

Last edited:
OP
O

One65

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jul 31, 2018
Canada
My first choice:Power of Love

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - The Power of Love

Why: It is so timely. It is why we are here. I didn't know it for the first 50 years I was here, but it makes so much sense now. I have tried everything else, and it all lead me to pain. So much pain and unhappiness. It is now my anthem, and the words belong on my shield (if I had one). Most of you stand shoulder-to-shoulder with me, and I know it.

This song is SOOOO far from what I used to listen to, which makes it even more beautiful now for some reason. Plus, it sounds great.

Last edited:
  • Love this post!
Reactions: Alain and Lila

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Sinera, Pucksterguy, and I are feeling that music is important to what is going on right now.
Added the tags so they would see the thread.
Interesting idea BTW. Curious to see how it flows.

Pucksterguy
Sinera

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
My first choice:Power of Love

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - The Power of Love

Why: It is so timely. It is why we are here. I didn't know it for the first 50 years I was here, but it makes so much sense now. I have tried everything else, and it all lead me to pain. So much pain and unhappiness. It is now my anthem, and the words belong on my shield (if I had one). Most of you stand shoulder-to-shoulder with me, and I know it.

This song is SOOOO far from what I used to listen to, which makes it even more beautiful now for some reason. Plus, it sounds great.
That link did not work for me as it is blocked in my country for copyright or whatever. But I found enough other videos there (strangely, but sometimes only the original MTV music clip is blocked ...).

Yeah, what to say that hasn't been said already. Certainly one of the greatest ballads about love. And an all time classic. I also like his voice a lot and the orchestration in the back but that belongs to almost any timeless ballad anway. (Hard to imagine the same band had before this song also a huge breakthrough success with the then 'scandal' video called 'Relax'. :D:)) )

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia

I have to go with Joan Baez, one of the keepers, in my opinion. This song is Diamonds and Rust, about memories of love, especially a complete romantic love, where she says "speaking strictly for me, we both could have died then and there".

I have seen Joan Baez in concert a few years ago, and I think she is still singing, writing songs and making music! A stellar talent, in my opinion, just love the timbre of her voice.

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
There are many channels on Youtube with meditation music and sleep music. Here's just one. I have my TV turn off after 2 hours while I fall asleep.

• Yum yum!
Reactions: Lila

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Hailstones Melt , therium

Please if possible read the initial post by One65 stating in which format this thread was meant to go and thereby be much different from the other 'normal' Music thread.

It is actually a (positive) music reaction thread created by One65 with me and Pucksterguy (discussed amongst us three on O65's initiative via pm first).

First you react to the video posted before which would be One65's first vid, only after ALL reactions are 'in' / done then the next one 'in line' (taking turns) posts their suggested video for reactions again by the others. Cool idea, huh? :cool:

So we take turns, that means one posts with a comment why they like that chosen song (or what about it they like) and the others (two or more in this case if you want to join) first react and then post when it's their turn. We also stipulated a kind of running order, maybe it was not explained enough in this forum above, so here it is in more detail:

The starting order with taking turns (one suggests , two or more react) was supposed to be:

1. One65 (one reaction done by me)
2. Pucksterguy (would be next to react since I did my reaction and then post his own suggestion)
3. Sinera (reacting to Pucksterguy, waiting for One65's reaction to PG and only then making his suggestion)
(4. other users who want to participate in this format all in the same way)
5. One65 again for another new round
and so on ...

The other new thread about song covers/remakes was supposed to go the similar way with discussing which version is better by the poster and the reactors and then also (like here) taking turns with suggestion and following reactions.

The general purpose of this thread (and the remake thread) is about a bit more getting into a music discussion (appreciation, finding what you like) as much as is is also a little about patience since we have always to wait a little til is your turn again (with reaction or original suggestion respectively).

This makes this thread idea by One65 so special in my view. Well, at least this is what we originally had intended to do here.

:tswg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Lila

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Sorry Sinera , you can delete my comment if you wish.
No apologies needed, dear therium, it's all good. Just wanted to make things clearer again so that we can try to 'play by the rules' of our little fun game here.

Can't delete it though since I'm only a 'retired' mod and not an active mod anymore. ;)

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
That link did not work for me as it is blocked in my country for copyright or whatever. But I found enough other videos there (strangely, but sometimes only the original MTV music clip is blocked ...).

Yeah, what to say that hasn't been said already. Certainly one of the greatest ballads about love. And an all time classic. I also like his voice a lot and the orchestration in the back but that belongs to almost any timeless ballad anway. (Hard to imagine the same band had before this song also a huge breakthrough success with the then 'scandal' video called 'Relax'. :D:)) )
all combined what can be combined, music, lyrics to give to think and emotions to the good

I have to go with Joan Baez, one of the keepers, in my opinion. This song is Diamonds and Rust, about memories of love, especially a complete romantic love, where she says "speaking strictly for me, we both could have died then and there".

I have seen Joan Baez in concert a few years ago, and I think she is still singing, writing songs and making music! A stellar talent, in my opinion, just love the timbre of her voice.
the emotions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)