Mindful Badge — Meditation Training for Police (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Linda submitted a new article.

Mindful Badge — Meditation Training for Police
I grew up in Dallas, Texas, which is a city of over a million people and spans across 5 counties. What I'm trying to say here is that there are a lot of people from all walks of life and many different cultures. You can imagine the challenges any type of public service entails.

Last year five Dallas police officers were killed during a demonstration, and the department looked into different ways to help everyone deal with the stress and grief. An anonymous benefactor donated funds for 500 officers to attend Mindful Badge training.

The concept of mindfulness is popping up in many contexts recently. I've seen it promoted for business people as a way to work "in the zone", for others as a way to be more creative, and now for police as a way to be more calm and alert. In other...
Click here to continue on to the original article. You will be able to comment using a Disqus account (www.disqus.com) if you are logged in with Disqus.

Reactions: Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)