Mecca or Becca? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
This video postulates that a famous tourist destination in southern Jordan is actually the original birthplace of Mohamed, and the real birthplace of Islam (the site where he received the Revelations). The hypothesis really does lay out some interesting ideas. Just in terms of ancient dramas that have played out, I found this absorbing to watch.

• Cool Post
  • New to me!
Reactions: Laron and Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Got part way through it and will finish later. Mostly, I don't have the attention span for many videos, but this one was very interesting - very well done, easy to follow, and the speakers were clear and concise. Ok, so much for the technical side. Well, this could be some disconcerting news for many followers of Islam. The jaded side of me figures the merchants in Mecca will be none too happy, either.

• Helpful Post
  • Winner
Reactions: Laron and Snowmelt
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
The protagonist who's looked into all this is an American historian and writer called Dan Gibson. He went to the Middle East in 1979 and has lived in Jordan, Yemen and the United Arab Emirates, as well as travelling all over the Arabian Peninsula many times. He has conducted his research for almost 40 years (when this film, The Sacred City, was made). I don't know if he's Muslim or not, but the ideas he presents certainly stack up. I feel to protect him and his family with white light, as I feel he is a type of warrior spirit who is bringing truth to one of the main religions of today, and I daresay that is a dangerous game. In the end, it is not a truth that will harm the revelations that Mohamed received. It is more like a twisted skein of rope, where some truths got waylaid, because of simple human greed / need / confusion / or prioritizing what was best for a particular sect at a particular historical timeframe.

I think truth is going to need to trickle out about all types of religions, in a major way, and of course we are right in the timeline for this to happen. Thanks to brave and adventurous souls!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)