Article Markers: Are We There Yet? (1 Viewer)

• An upgrade to the webserver that hosts the Roundtable is taking place between Mar 31 2020–April 3 2020, 8 p.m. - 6 a.m. EST (USA). The forum will be down for up to two hours at some point during that window. (This is a decision made by the company hosting the webserver, not the admins here.)
  • Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Read the Topi article - he talks about the craze of pandemic without the huge numbers of deaths.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Alain

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
So here's something I just thought about. Here are today's numbers from https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries.
Worldwide: 135013 infected, 4973 dead

But there must be 10-20 times the number of infected who never went to a doctor or never got tested. But let's go with there are 10x infected people.

So the mortality rate is closer to: 4973/1350130 = 0.37%
I’m wondering how the people will react if they discover they have been scared to death, quarantined , loss of earnings , businesses lost and so much more disruption unnecessarily. As has been said many times, the flue kills, between 27,0000 / 70,0000 annually in the USA alone, we never hear about that,
I mentioned this to a neighbour and he said ‘ Well were used to that, this is new. ‘ I didn’t bother reminding him that every year seems to see a new or mutated flue virus, surely that’s why they have to bring a new vaccine out ever year.
It’s flogging a dead horse trying to explain something to a closed mind.

Really hope something soon kicks them up the backside to wake them up

OP
Maryann

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
It's not about the virus. That's just the wrapping. The package is about unplugging one system and plugging in another. Power down, install new software, purge deleted files, clear the cache and reboot.

Alain

Roaming Contributor
Aug 29, 2017
All major pro sports in N America also shut down. I think this bug way overblown out of proportion driving fear over the top. My wife is terrified and from talking to her kids so are they. I can't wait for this to blow over.
Over 100 persons equal closed so churches of whatever religion are shut down, hard to find positif appart a short strong increase in money for food distributors

Reactions: June

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016

Reactions: June

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
The "soon" we've been hearing all these years has changed to now. A new world beacons and I'm ready for it. This virus is the trigger. We're good to go guys, enjoy the show.

• Cool Post
Reactions: Tania and Maryann

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)