Lost Golden City found near Luxor (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
This is the mainstream version with CBS news and Dr. Zahi Hawass, so I'll be interested to see what other info arises.

The Lost Golden City, also known as The Rise of Aten, was discovered under sand on the east bank of the Nile and outside the city of Luxor. It is reported to be one of the largest ancient sites and city found. Dating back about 3,000 years, it was active during the reign of Amenhotep III, and continued to be used by Tutankhamun and Ay.

The following video and article provide many pictures of the find, and they are stunning. I was impressed with the good condition of the remains, the scalloped street borders, as well as the large number of artifacts found. The first question I had was why was the city abandoned? Perhaps encroaching sand played a part, but the number of artifacts makes me wonder if there were other influences. I look forward to more info about this place.

The excavation crew began operations in September 2020, between the temples of Ramses III and Amenhotep III near Luxor, and within weeks, they uncovered parts of the city.
"Within weeks, to the team's great surprise, formations of mud bricks began to appear in all directions," he said.
Amenhotep III, one of Egypt's most powerful pharaohs, ruled between 1391 to 1353 BC.
"The discovery of this lost city is the second most important archaeological discovery since the tomb of Tutankhamun," Betsy Brian, professor of Egyptology at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, US, said.
Brian said the ancient city "gives us a glimpse into the ancient Egyptians' life" when Egypt was at its most prosperous.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
The video tells me it is private + unavailable.
Anybody else seeing this issue?

Reactions: Pucksterguy
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
The video tells me it is private + unavailable.
Anybody else seeing this issue?
Hmm - got the same thing. If you click on the link to the article, you will see many photos, but the video comes up private there, too.

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
is that not a way to censure sensible material?, egypt, turkey and a few in that part of the world have so much hidden history, certain so much it could eventually annoy a few

• I agree
Reactions: Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)