Looking for good books about relationships and spiritual education (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

salabim

Involved Wayfarer
Oct 3, 2016
Searshing for books about understanding in relationships . And books about spiritual selflearning ,maby with a shamanic toutsh.

Reactions: Anaeika

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
If you are thinking about sources for people who might be new or not sure about energies, etc., a good place to start are the books by Lynn McTaggert (The Field, etc.). She starts as an "outsider" and journalist. This is a lot easier for many people to deal with.

However, I find the best way in is through things that everyone experiences but may not have thought about. For example, going to the homes of other people is interesting - sometimes fine and others, not so much. Where did those feelings come from - what are you sensing - energies. Some people are great to visit with and others - well, you just want to flee. Again, we are sensing something about them.

I also use examples from my own life to share what I noticed and how I felt. This is a lot easier for people to grasp because it is not theoretical - it is something that actually happened with someone they know. I've got a couple of posts on the Guidance Board (May the Circle be Unbroken) and Consciousness Exploration (Can you hear me now). I can see that people are paying more attention now.

I'll let some of the others weigh in with their ideas. Lila, Hailstones Melt, Pod, June.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
For me any good book is a book about relationships as relationships are central to a good story. The last book I read, "The Language of Flowers" was a good example of this. It took a person with great difficulties forming lasting relationships and showed a tremendous learning via a heartfelt story.

Specifically spiritual books that come to mind immediately include Peace is Every Step, The Sacred Science, The Four Agreements and Buddha's Brain. Some of these and others may be on this site: https://www.soundstrue.com/store/landing-pages/2018-holiday-super-sale-7-dollar-deals.html

I most often enjoy the books where the spiritual aspect is woven into the story. And, like Linda, I enjoy 'playing' with these concepts in everyday life where I could use their guidance.

Good luck in your search<3

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I agree with Pod about letting your energy divine what is in your best interests to read right now (or in the right now of any time). I tend to find books have a habit of jumping off the shelf (or falling off) to catch your attention if it's right for you in that moment. Also, I might mention that some books were written when they were written and were meant to be read and absorbed by humanity as it was then. These sort of books don't always translate well over time, as there is much change within the human heart in the last 100 years. But other works are as fresh 1,000 years or more after they were written, such as the works of Plato.

I like Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now, which is about leaving our analytical mind and its falsely-created self, the ego, behind, where we might get more connected to our Being, "the eternal, ever-present One Life beyond the myriad forms of life that are subject to birth and death."

Louise L. Hay www.LouiseHay.com (she has now left her body and travelled beyond) wrote many books such as You Can Heal Your Life, and I think created the Hay House publishing company. She's big on affirmations, gratitude, heart thoughts, the power of the spoken word, deep relaxation, and her work comes in format such as books, DVDs, audio programs, card decks etc, whatever feels right for you.

Neale Donald Walsch is the author of Conversations with God (2 books), and these books help you to see that what you do to others, you do to yourself; what you fail to do for others, you fail to do for yourself; that the pain of others is your pain, and the joy of others is your joy.... in other words, it helps you to see what makes up relationship by letting you see the depth and truth of yourself.

Last edited:

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Also, I might mention that some books were written when they were written and were meant to be read and absorbed by humanity as it was then. These sort of books don't always translate well over time, as there is much change within the human heart in the last 100 years.
Excellent advice Melt. I would also advocate reading The Power of Now and anything else by Eckhart Tolle.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Power of Now: Yes!

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
You certainly have plenty of recommended reading, which I’m sure you will gain insights from, also it’s helpful to read other people’s experiences, and never worry that you are not experiencing the same things.
We are on our own individual journeys, which are unique to us, as our experiences will be.

As Linda said, when visiting the homes of others, we can often sense an atmosphere. If someone has just had a row, the atmosphere will tell us. Equally, if there is love and harmony, we pick that up too.
It’s a matter of being aware. I was taught how to draw spirit to me, how it felt, what to do if I felt uncomfortable, that helped me to become aware.

Relaxing with your back against a tree, letting the tree energy flow through you, just to see how you feel.
Lightly hold a piece of quartz crystal in your hand and feel the energy from it. Your hand might feel tingly.
Maybe hold a piece of someone’s jewellery, just to see how you feel, does any intuition come to you.
There is no right or wrong, it’s all experience, some of it pretty wonderful.

We all understand how someone can walk into a crowded room, and meet the eyes of another across the other side and bam.....it’s like a lightening bolt flying between the two.
We accept that each one can be aware of what the other is thinking. ( I fancy you,like mad ) sort of thing. We understand this
It’s just a matter of fine tuning, noticing, listening to our intuition.

Books and other folks experiences help a lot, but at the end of the day it cannot be hurried, as I said to someone else recently, it falls into place bit by bit. It’s wonderful when you get to know your guides and helpers, I talk to mine a lot.
You could ask your guides to make themselves known to you, they will do this in subtle ways, also, definitely take notice of any books seemingly launching themselves at you, they can be found in the most surprising places.

I don’t know if any of this is helpful, but please ask anything, they are a great bunch of folk on here, and will do all they can to help.

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
I can give you a list of authors :-

Barbara Brennan
Barbara Hand Clow
Barbara Marciniak
Caroline Myss
Deepak Chopra
Diana Cooper
Doreen Virtue
Eckhart Tolle
Jane Roberts
Paulo Coelho

I've missed out some of the heavier ones.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Reactions: Anaeika and Lila

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
I have got this one by Diana Cooper, this discussion encouraged me to look it out.
I remember it as a most enlightening book, and intend to read it again,
It speaks of the people of pure Atlantis in the early times, had enormous spiritual powers, and could communicate with telepathy and crystal power.
There is also a shaman, who has his feet in both worlds.

i can’t wait to read it again

Attachments

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Try this one: https://leanpub.com/relationshipmagic

Disclaimer: I'm the author. I take multiple perspectives to explain things from various psychological and relationship models, not my own pet model which most people write about.

Reactions: Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)