Life after delivery (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I saw this in a small book called "Orbs and Beyond" by Katie Hall and John Pickering (pp 157-159). They in turn published it after seeing it in a community magazine, so I think it is one to share:-

A mother was having twins. Deep in mother's womb, one twin asked the other, "Do you believe in life after delivery?"​
The other replied, "Yes, of course! After all there just has to be something after delivery, we are only here to prepare ourselves for the next life."​
"Nonsense!" exclaimed the first twin. "I think there is no life at all after delivery. I mean, how could there be when this is the whole universe, how could there be any life beyond that?"​
"I don't know," said the second twin. "But it's very dim here, so maybe it will be lighter there; maybe we will be able to use our legs to walk, do things with our hands, and even eat with our mouths?"​
The other laughed. "That is totally absurd! Walking is impossible; anyway we don't need to walk, we float - we are surrounded by water! And eating with our mouth: why - that is completely ridiculous. The umbilical cord has always supplied all the nutrition we need. Anyway life after delivery has to be excluded on scientific grounds; it is patently obvious that the umbilical cord is far too short to stretch beyond delivery!"​
"Well," said the second twin. "I still think there is something beyond delivery; perhaps it is just different to what it is here."​
The first twin was incredulous!​
"What! You can't be serious... no one has ever come back from beyond delivery. Delivery is the end of life. After delivery there is nothing; we simply cease to exist!"​
"I can't believe that," said the other, there has to be something! Maybe we will see Mother there and she will take care of us?"​
"Mother!" exclaimed the first twin in shocked tones. "Don't tell me you actually believe in Mother? You are simply living in denial of reality... Mother isn't real! If she was, where is she now?"​
The other thought for a moment, then said, "I think Mother is all around us; it is because She is real that we are here. Without Her our world wouldn't exist."​
"Rubbish!" exclaimed the first twin. "I don't see her so it is only logical that she doesn't exist!"​
"Shush!" said the other. "Be quiet, just listen a moment. Hear that distant soft rhythmic beating? It has been with us all our lives. Don't you find that sound really comforting?"​
"Why yes," said the first twin. "Well, yes, I do.... it's like, like the rhythm of life! You know, I'm just so used to it I never hear it anymore."​
"You can only hear it when you are really quiet, when you are only really listening," said the second twin.​
"What is it?" asked the first twin.​

"That is Mother!" said his sister.​

Last edited:

Gunther

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Sep 27, 2016
South Africa
I saw this in a small book called "Orbs and Beyond" by Katie Hall and John Pickering (pp 157-159). They in turn published it after seeing it in a community magazine, so I think it is one to share:-

A mother was having twins. Deep in mother's womb, one twin asked the other, "Do you believe in life after delivery?"​
The other replied, "Yes, of course! After all there just has to be something after delivery, we are only here to prepare ourselves for the next life."​
"Nonsense!" exclaimed the first twin. "I think there is no life at all after delivery. I mean, how could there be when this is the whole universe, how could there be any life beyond that?"​
"I don't know," said the second twin. "But it's very dim here, so maybe it will be lighter there; maybe we will be able to use our legs to walk, do things with our hands, and even eat with our mouths?"​
The other laughed. "That is totally absurd! Walking is impossible; anyway we don't need to walk, we float - we are surrounded by water! And eating with our mouth: why - that is completely ridiculous. The umbilical cord has always supplied all the nutrition we need. Anyway life after delivery has to be excluded on scientific grounds; it is patently obvious that the umbilical cord is far too short to stretch beyond delivery!"​
"Well," said the second twin. "I still think there is something beyond delivery; perhaps it is just different to what it is here."​
The first twin was incredulous!​
"What! You can't be serious... no one has ever come back from beyond delivery. Delivery is the end of life. After delivery there is nothing; we simply cease to exist!"​
"I can't believe that," said the other, there has to be something! Maybe we will see Mother there and she will take care of us?"​
"Mother!" exclaimed the first twin in shocked tones. "Don't tell me you actually believe in Mother? You are simply living in denial of reality... Mother isn't real! If she was, where is she now?"​
The other thought for a moment, then said, "I think Mother is all around us; it is because She is real that we are here. Without Her our world wouldn't exist."​
"Rubbish!" exclaimed the first twin. "I don't see her so it is only logical that she doesn't exist!"​
"Shush!" said the other. "Be quiet, just listen a moment. Hear that distant soft rhythmic beating? It has been with us all our lives. Don't you find that sound really comforting?"​
"Why yes," said the first twin. "Well, yes, I do.... it's like, like the rhythm of life! You know, I'm just so used to it I never hear it anymore."​
"You can only hear it when you are really quiet, when you are only really listening," said the second twin.​
"What is it?" asked the first twin.​

"That is Mother!" said his sister.​
This reminded me of Plato's story of the people living in a cave, that could only see their shadows.

Reactions: Snowmelt

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
Small world lol

Reactions: Snowmelt

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
Nice storry and if every person on earth will read it and reflect in perfect calm upon it the great surprise arrives

Reactions: Linda and Snowmelt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)