Kosmographia - Mid-Atlantic Ridge (MAR) and Atlantis (2 Viewers)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I happened upon these dudes (Randall Carlson, the Snake Bros - Kyle and Russ, Bradley and Mike, recorded September 3, 2019. Randall is the main presenter). Although their website is still in creation, they do have a Twitter account, Patreon, Youtube, and you can contact them by email [email protected]. This is just one of a series of presentations about the topic.

Their subject is well-researched, and presents some of the findings of earlier teams (from 1948 and the 1950's) and pioneers of the marine geology field. Their focus is on the Azores Sea Mounts, and they discuss various aspects such as the Azores being a place where three continental plates meet, drift of continents from the original Gondwanaland, sea level rises (and sea floor drops). The presentation also has maps of the MAR, being the longest continuous mountain range, albeit subsea. There are many marine geological terms defined, which makes it easier for the layman to understand the premise.

For those with limited time, I would say the 2nd one presented here would be the most informative.

Part 1 (Episode 003)

Part 2 (Episode 006)

Last edited:
  • Cool Post
Reactions: Lila

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Thanks. When I was a child, I was fascinated by this part of the ocean and wanted to be an oceanographer - even took a couple of classes in college.

OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Link to the newly created website, including to other archived blogs, as well as others they did since July 2019 in the Atlantis series.

freeman_jamesx

Involved Wayfarer
Nov 4, 2019
Randall Carlson has been a fountain of knowledge for many years. Not sure why he's hooked up with these 'snake bros', who are clearly out of their depth :) They must be his IT/AV gophers for the new website & videos, or something like that :)

Check out these 2 JRE shows he did with Graham Hancock, some years back - these are classic RC.

OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Randall Carlson has been a fountain of knowledge for many years. Not sure why he's hooked up with these 'snake bros', who are clearly out of their depth :) They must be his IT/AV gophers for the new website & videos, or something like that :)

Check out these 2 JRE shows he did with Graham Hancock, some years back - these are classic RC.

Way to go. I haven't had enough of him yet!

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
as nice as all this things can be, my person has not the needed time for a mass of so long videos,

very insightfull the 2 above, and it is a talent to make a matter that can be dry very interesting

OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
as nice as all this things can be, my person has not the needed time for a mass of so long videos,

very insightfull the 2 above, and it is a talent to make a matter that can be dry very interesting
True that they are very long, but I have the time, and am enjoying listening to Randall Carlson and Graham Hancock on Joe Rogan Experience interviews (as Freeman Jamesx prompted me to).

In fact, I have been so taken with Randall, that I have written a poem for him called Carlson's Monument, which tributes his work in the alternative viewpoint of how the Cordilleran and Laurentide ice sheets melted to end the last Ice Age 11,800 years ago. I haven't received his permission to post it on the Forum yet, but his producers did say they would like to read it out on their next video blog.

th (2).jpg

• Love this post!
Reactions: Alain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)