Know someone who's frail: Give them VitaminD, olive oil + fish (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Here's an article about a study that showed a relatively simple intervention could help repair muscle: https://science.news/2018-03-12-vitamin-d-may-accelerate-muscle-repair-when-combined-with-olive-oil.html
Thanks, Bernie!

The combination of olive oil with Vitamin D seemed to be the best combination. There is also mention of the omega 3 oils which have been shown time and again to help decrease inflammation throughout the body, whether it be in muscle or elsewhere. You get those mostly from cold water fish like anchovies, salmon, mackerel, cod, krill, etc. If you are not a fish lover, you can try fish sauce to add salt to your stew.

This particular study was in rats, with a 10 week timeline. Rather than thickening muscle fibers the way Vitamin D and olive oil did, high consumption of butter caused deterioration of muscle.

So, if you know anyone who is either old and frail, or otherwise trying to repair muscles, let them know that this may be worth trying.

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
For vegetarians/vegans there are also other omega-3 alternatives, you need not fish for that.

I've heard about Vitamin D also taken with Magnesium is good because both work together and strengthen the absorption if they are ingested together.

Reactions: Anaeika and Lila

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
For vegetarians/vegans there are also other omega-3 alternatives, you need not fish for that.
I used a box of this for two months late last year.

omega 3 algae oil.jpg
Healthier than Fish Oil: plant based GMO-free Omega-3 DHA + EPA from Algae oil. You can find it on Amazon here.

Otherwise there was only one other occasion I was taking Omega 3 (for a short period of time over about four months). I haven't had meat (or seafood for those that think meat doesn't include seafood) for 9 years now, in addition to being dairy free for 8 months.

OP
Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Yes, thanks for bringing up those alternatives for vegans<3

Reactions: Anaeika and Laron

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I take a cal-mag- Vit D supplément in liquid form, which has been a great help.

We like fish, but I'm very picky about the source, so we don't have much because I won't eat anything from the North Pacific or the Gulf of Mexico.

OP
Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
We like fish, but I'm very picky about the source, so we don't have much because I won't eat anything from the North Pacific or the Gulf of Mexico.
Yeah, that can lead to interesting conversations when one asks where that particular fish has swum, lol. Not everyone is used to considering such things!

Reactions: Anaeika

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
interesting conversations when one asks where that particular fish has swum,
Oh yes. The big grocery store has a fish market, and sometimes I feel hopeful and look around. Occasionally they know the source, but the interesting thing is the reaction of other customers. I can see that they never thought about it.

Reactions: Anaeika and Lila

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Yes, thanks for bringing up those alternatives for vegans
So far I'm partial/part-time vegan. The rest is vegetarian, but I'm working on reducing dairy and animal fats even harder now. Provisions infrastructure here gets better for me since there are more and more offers of vegan food in the stores. It's trending world-wide.
However, since I want to combine it with low sugar and organic products that makes it even more challenging. Shopping can be quite a time-consuming strain now.
And then sometimes I buy cheese sandwiches to take-away before work, that is mostly vegetarian then, or not even that because I cannot always be sure if the cheese might not contain calf rennet in it. s:p
But it does not bother me too much. Necessary allowance for convenience.

Reactions: Linda and Anaeika
OP
Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
It does affect us when certain foods are or are not available in our neighbourhood. So much time can be spent grocery shopping if one has to go from store to store to get everything needed (one store for dry goods, another for fresh, organic veggies and fruits, another for specialty items, etc. Thank goodness we also impact the buying habits of our grocery people who can respond to our needsO.o:D

If you'd asked me a number of years ago I never would have guessed I'd become friends with so many of my local grocers, store clerks and others who provide food. Somehow, though, it does make sense, little by little:D

Reactions: Linda and Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
DōTERRA has a line of vegan supplements, uncluding omegas; it’s the one I use & have been satisfied with it. The capsule itself is vegan too.

Interesting that overconsumption of butter can break down muscles.

Thanks for the article. I am sharing it with someone who fell down and broke her kneecap who is 70.

Reactions: Lila and Linda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)