Judgement or Discernment? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
I came across this great article on discernment today and though I would share. When I think back on my own initial resistance to channeled material and the information brought forward by those who claimed to have "ET" connections, I can truly see how much my consciousness has expanded--and how much I have ultimately gained from an open consideration of these messages. While I still take many sources of information and their messages "with a grain of salt" (that is, I maintain a healthy skepticism about everything I read or hear), it has become much, much easier for me to filter out (or discern) information that resonates with me at a very deep level.

It's interesting, but I somehow feel as if I've come to a place of expanded consciousness where "Truth" isn't necessarily black and white anymore--nor is it as important to me as it once was. By opening myself up to all kinds of different viewpoints, I've learned that so-called "facts" or "truths" can vary--and they are entirely up to the interpretation and viewpoint of the observer. What's most important to me now is how something makes me feel...and how I choose to react to it.

Do I choose to embrace the information or situation with acceptance, focused energy, and enthusiasm?
Or do I choose to accept the message with appreciation and simply release it to the Universe for transmutation?

For example, let's say two people were to look at an airplane leaving a trail of white material in the sky. One of them might say that it's just a simple "con-trail" (or trail of condensation left by water droplets from the plane's exhaust). The other might say that it's a "chemtrail" (or trail of chemicals and heavy metals being intentionally dispersed in an effort to manipulate our weather and/or environment). Whatever the case may be, both people may insist (and may even successfully argue) that their viewpoint is the only truth. With no practical way to prove or disprove either viewpoint however, we're left on our own to discern what our own "Truth" may be.

While these two people may continue arguing about the "Truth" of this white trail, it really doesn't make a great deal of difference to me. While the "chemtrail" theory may actually resonate more with me than the other, at the end of the day, what's most important to me is what I choose to support/create/attract into my future experience. Therefore, no matter how things might appear in "the outer", I set and declare my own intention to live in a world where our skies are clean, our air is pure, and our weather is natural and un-manipulated. Then I release this intention to Source/Universe for ultimate resolution with gratitude, trusting that the final outcome will be for the Highest Good of All.

Thus it is with all information that comes to us, whether it may be channeled--or not. The source of the information doesn't matter nearly so much as what we choose to do with that information.

But I digress. Without further ado, here's the article:

https://talk2momz.com/2017/03/03/from-judgment-to-discernment/

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Yes, discernment and its inevitable 'discrepancies' and 'contradictions'.
That is an area ripe for pondering and discussion for sure!:confused::ROFL:o_O.. so thank you for starting this discussion<3, Stargazer

If we are talking/thinking/dreaming about something that we have not really got any decent concepts or language for (or perhaps none at all, let alone decent ones, lol) what do we do? Well, the best I have come up with when I am attempting to communicate such concepts is to do what wise folks throughout the ages have done, i.e. use stories and analogies, doing my best to hit on one that matches the concepts that are familiar to whomever I am talking to.
If I do come up with an analogy that works I love watching the connection being made as it shows up on the person's face:-D
If I don't:oops:, I need to dig deeper and perhaps try another analogy, again watching for signs of 'connection success' as I go along.
I expect to have to use different analogies for different folks:) though there are a few that seem pretty universal.

...so, if that is what I do when I am attempting to take someone beyond their 'comfortable concept zone', I would expect that this is what someone might do if taking me beyond my 'comfortable concept zone'. I would expect that they might well use analogies that suit me, as best they can. I would expect that the analogies that work for me may not always be the ones that work for my neighbour. After all, our circumstances and experiences are not identical, nor are our mental frameworks.
So, here are my neighbour and I hearing two different stories/analogies that are each an attempt to communicate the same concept but in different ways. They sound different. They are really the same... from a different perspective that suits each our own experiences and mental frameworks.

For me it may be the hawk that represents incredible discernment and vision from a higher perspective, for someone else it may be 'eagle eyes' that convey this concept or even a wise wo/man mythical person, angel,:fp extraterrestrialO.O or dragon. For others it may be the analogy of a chess game well played or an admired colleague or family member who the person can actually touch. The mythical figure may just be too much sometimes, lol!:fp
Really, we are talking about the same concepts that just sound different and finding that sometimes 'the words get in the way'.
In my own experience, the trickier and more 'comfortable concept zone' expanding the concept is, the more likely it is that my analogy and my neighbour's may not match.
Perhaps that's why somebody came up with the concept of communicating via feelings, visuals and 'knowing'.... oh, boy, yet more to ponder!:-)):-D<3

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
Why does something resonate in us? Is it because we feel / sense/ intuitively know that what we are hearing /reading / or even seeing validates our beliefs, likes, dislikes, prior experiences, feelings, etc.? Does it mean that is it true? Well, no. It may be the truth for us, or the truth we are ready to accept, but isn’t so for all.

It could be a trap too because we could be hearing and thus resonating to what we want to hear (like with the messages received from many channeled material), or are prepared to hear at that time. Sometimes things may not resonate but nevertheless be the right message and we are not ready to accept it yet (therefore we don’t resonate and reject the input) and we live in denial as a consequence. For example a doctor telling us what we need to be free from an addiction that deep inside we know we must do but are not ready yet to accept and thus the message does not resonate with us because we are in denial and refuse to accept it at that point.

The writer asks: “Is channeled information really something other than the person’s own consciousness?” Which I this point “resonates” in me :) even though I’m starting to explore the possibility that the information comes from the “universal consciousness” instead or as well.

Btw, the article mentions Stuart Wilde, a great teacher of the occult in my humble opinion (I have many of his books) –recommended, even though I thought he went a wrong path while exploring/using ayahuasca for example to further his path. But I digress too –you are contagious Stargazer :) !

OP
Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
Why does something resonate in us? Is it because we feel / sense/ intuitively know that what we are hearing /reading / or even seeing validates our beliefs, likes, dislikes, prior experiences, feelings, etc.? Does it mean that is it true? Well, no. It may be the truth for us, or the truth we are ready to accept, but isn’t so for all.

It could be a trap too because we could be hearing and thus resonating to what we want to hear (like with the messages received from many channeled material), or are prepared to hear at that time. Sometimes things may not resonate but nevertheless be the right message and we are not ready to accept it yet (therefore we don’t resonate and reject the input) and we live in denial as a consequence.
Great discussion and excellent points, kids! :)

For me, since most of this metaphysical stuff can't really be "proven" (at least not to the complete satisfaction of scientific and/or skeptical minds), I think we DO have to feel/sense/intuit into concepts and situations. Lacking any way to actually "prove" anything, I'm afraid that's all we've got left. As you said Carl, once we come to our own conclusions, I suppose that IS then our "truth". That doesn't mean that our "truth" can't change over time of course, especially as new information is received. I think that's why it's so important for all beings to respect one another's "truths"...since we can never truly know what another's experiences, etc. have been.

Also, if one ascribes to the concept (as I do) that everything is energy--and everything is an elaborate, multi-dimensional, holographic illusion that exists solely for our experience, growth, and appreciation, then there is plenty of room for all kinds of truths! Just because two people see things in two different ways doesn't mean that either one is invalid. The more I think about this, the tougher it seems to wrap my head around. :confused:

I truly believe that we are given just the right information and just the right experiences for our greatest soul growth. I guess all we can do is do our best with each choice, each moment, and experience...and try to enjoy the ride as much as we can.

:) :-D :ROFL: :-))

Reactions: Snowmelt and Lila

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Osho would say: "Look where I'm pointing, not at my finger". That is discernment. He also did a dissertation called Five Fingers, where he raised awareness of the space and gaps between the fingers, not the fingers themselves in a hand with fingers spread wide. In other words, what we are looking for may be the opposite of where we are looking. We are so concentrated on form in our 3D conditioning, we forget the formless.

Reactions: Lila and Stargazer

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
Just because two people see things in two different ways doesn't mean that either one is invalid.
Wait! Do you mean Stargazer that actually both republicans and democrats are actually simultaneously correct? Carl runs to the TV to check at Fox and CNN to see if they are both singing Kumbaya at the same time...

Reactions: Lila and Stargazer
OP
Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
And then the thought immediately comes to mind...really, who am I to "judge"? :)

Where republicans and democrats are concerned, I guess I could always start an argument about whose "truth" is better or more correct. That's worked out really well for us all hasn't it? s:p :-)) :)) :rolleyes:

Then again, I could accept that both viewpoints are perfectly true for the respective observers, leave them to their own beliefs...and go fly a kite instead!

:D :D :cool:

I think I'll choose the latter!

Reactions: Lila and Carl
K

KarlaSM

One thing that works for me as a channeler of my own aspects or aspects of soulmates is to always ask them clearly: why are you here? what is the work that we need to do?

What happens is that all channeled information in this case is only pertinent to my personal path, although some things, though very general, could very well apply to other people, but I personally do not believe that what channelers bring forth is applicable to all humanity, besides if they channel beings that they do not even question, these beings might just come from ancient timelines and distort things because information is very easily mixed up, especially during a personal removal/integration/healing process and it can all be incomplete. Another thing is that the channeler might easily assume something about missing pieces, which is very often the case.

If for example a real ET came in physical and asked a channeler the complex question: do you really know your own planet?

Since this planet is very diverse in its culture, economy, social systems, etc, and travel is difficult for many, and we tend to see things only from what we can see around us and what we read, then I am sure many would fail to answer the question if not most. It is very easy to taint a channeled material based on the limited perception both from the channeler and from the being who speaks, who I doubt really has that much access to the entire world as some of these beings claim based on inconsistent or unrealistic things they say.

The biggest problem is the lack of research both external and internal from the side of the channeler when lets say a being comes saying something like: "I will give to you information about ascension and the future of humanity, I am Nelino from Sirius or Archangel Michael or Ra from Egypt" and the channeler becomes excited without questioning anything about the being, the history of this being or soul record, the personal connection, if the purpose is purely for healing on the side of the channeler, and if there is logic and coherence in what the being says.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
Osho would say: "Look where I'm pointing, not at my finger". That is discernment.
Instantly reminded of this immortal moment of Bruce Lee, which is germane to the conversation here. The act of discerning is non-action, it's getting out of the way, it's not thinking but knowing. Are you disturbed with what you read? Are you triggered into being upset, angry, vindicated, lulled, or otherwise off-balance? Or are you experiencing pure "emotional content" of feeling life living through you, and acknowledgement of your own being that is in perfect composure without reliance on the activity of mind or visceral response? While getting to that place of composure sometimes (often!) requires some rocking of the boat of complacency and "knowing it all", the pure state recognizes the truth of a situation, whether that's reading a channeled passage, watching the world drama unfold, or having a conversation with another person about their own fears or interpretations.

Reactions: Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)