• Welcome Guest
    Welcome to the Roundtable Forum, the community boards for www.transients.info. If you have an account already, please log in, otherwise feel free to sign up. Note that you will be unable to post new threads, reply to existing threads, or have access to some boards and information unless you are logged in after signing up with a forum account. By being registered you can also post comments on front page articles using your forum Account.

Jean-Luc Picard is back!

Laron

Healing Facilitator & Consciousness Guide
Staff member
Administrator
Board Moderator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jean-Luc Picard is back! None of the other ST's compared to TNG. I hope CBS does a good job. Here is Patrick Stewart's announcement from his twitter feed. :)

"I will always be very proud to have been part of Star Trek: The Next Generation, but when we wrapped that final movie in the spring of 2002, I truly felt my time with Star Trek had run its natural course. It is, therefore, an unexpected and delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him. Seeking out new life from him when I thought that life was over.

During these past years, it has been humbling to hear stories about how The Next Generation brought people comfort, saw them through difficult periods in their lives or how the example of Jean-Luc inspired so many to follow in his footsteps, pursuing science, exploration and leadership. I feel I’m ready to return to him for the same reason – to research and experience what comforting and reforming light he might shine on these often very dark times. I look forward to working with our brilliant creative team as we endeavor to bring a fresh, unexpected and pertinent story to life once more.
Patrick" (https://twitter.com/SirPatStew)

ps.jpg

OP
OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Board Moderator
I'm I the only one excited about this?

I can only imagine what they will do with his character.

Weill he be an admiral? How will that work in the show?

Will any of the past TNG crew return??Oh, I hope they do............

OP
OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Board Moderator

Lila

Realized Sentience
Staff member
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
I'm I the only one excited about this?
You're definitely not the only one excited about this!:cool:
I must have missed the posting when it first came out. I love what he says about the show and his role.

I guess I'll have to find a friend to invite myself over to visit on a regular basis; one who has a tvO.o:D

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
Retired Moderator
Hope we will get more info on the new show soon. Also I hope they will make it different than STD is. Not that it's all bad but it was lacking somehow in the old ST flavour and philosophy.

On Netflix I started watching DS9 occasionally from the beginning and I really enjoy it. I remember in the 90ies I was first disappointed being also a big fan of TNG. I then also thought they just brought in the TNG characters such as O'Brien, Worf as regulars and others as guest appearances (Picard, Riker, etc.) to make it more attractive for TNG fans and to ease the transition for the nostalgic ones.
However, in the end after several seasons it had grown on me. I liked it as much as TNG and today I admit blasphemously that I even like it a bit more with TNG still as a close second. Cannot get enough of the two 'frenemies' Quark and Odo and their constant squabbling. Priceless. Very good characters and storylines altogether.

I hope with the new show they will now continue with the storyline after the Dominion wars. Would be logical with the old(er) Picard. All those prequels are tiring. Had enough of prequels or alternate universe past storylines such as the new cinema movies.

OP
OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Board Moderator
STD was very, very different. In a way, it as similar to how they tried to make Enterprise more hip and laid back, but kind of the opposite. I liked STD but like Sinera, I'm really over the prequels and I want to see advanced technology and the actual story line progressing in the universes they are all sitting in.

They need some great writers again like they had in TNG.

OP
OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Board Moderator

Hailstones Melt

Realized Sentience
Staff member
Board Moderator
Hope we will get more info on the new show soon. Also I hope they will make it different than STD is. Not that it's all bad but it was lacking somehow in the old ST flavour and philosophy.

On Netflix I started watching DS9 occasionally from the beginning and I really enjoy it. I remember in the 90ies I was first disappointed being also a big fan of TNG. I then also thought they just brought in the TNG characters such as O'Brien, Worf as regulars and others as guest appearances (Picard, Riker, etc.) to make it more attractive for TNG fans and to ease the transition for the nostalgic ones.
However, in the end after several seasons it had grown on me. I liked it as much as TNG and today I admit blasphemously that I even like it a bit more with TNG still as a close second. Cannot get enough of the two 'frenemies' Quark and Odo and their constant squabbling. Priceless. Very good characters and storylines altogether.

I hope with the new show they will now continue with the storyline after the Dominion wars. Would be logical with the old(er) Picard. All those prequels are tiring. Had enough of prequels or alternate universe past storylines such as the new cinema movies.
Good synopsis, Sinera. I agree with everything you said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)