It's official now - Pope says there is no hell (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
False Alarm! and baaaaaad news for all the believers who went out and sinned last night in the belief that hell is a fiction. You're in for it now.

Pope Francis did not tell a journalist that “hell does not exist”, the Vatican has insisted.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-hell-does-not-exist-catholic-vatican-full-quote-a8281041.html
I think the Pope, far from not knowing what he was doing or being clumsy, was doing some re-inventing of Catholicism because the 21st century base load of "common man" is far more knowledgeable and capable of critical thinking than it was 500 years ago. Those mired in dogma and doctrine are like men stuck in the stocks, whilst others run freely around them. As time progresses, there is always the chance a new scientific luminary will appear, another Stephen Hawking, who has the tick from science officials, who after all run the new religion.

It is also because people are looking into word meanings, definitions and historical accuracy (Michael Tsarion being a case, but there are many others) and finding out how words got meanings attributed to them. The closer meaning of the verb "to sin" is to miss, so there is no harm in people who have missed out or missed the point to have a second chance on another go-around. People who miss simply need a wider, more expansive field of opportunity for learning and knowledge open to them.

I believe everything down to the slightest movement of their Catholic robes is calculated. Nothing is chance. It is all orchestrated. And that is a nod from me to a current court case here in Australia about Cardinal Pell, whose defence is saying he couldn't have pedo'ed anyone because his robes would have got in the way.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/impossible-for-pell-to-reveal-genitals-from-under-robes-court-told-20180322-p4z5r6.html

'Impossible' for Pell to reveal genitals from under robes, court told
Share on Facebook
  • Send via Email
It would have been impossible for then-archbishop George Pell to reveal his genitals after officiating at a Sunday Mass without somebody helping him to remove his clerical robes, a Catholic pastoral associate has told a Melbourne court.

Rodney Dearing, who was a choir member at St Patrick’s Cathedral in Melbourne during the late 1990s, told the Melbourne Magistrates Court on Thursday that Cardinal Pell would have required assistance to remove his robe after every Mass.

Cardinal Pell celebrating Mass at St Patricks' in 2001.

Photo: Ken Irwin
Cardinal Pell, 76, faces multiple historical sexual offence charges involving multiple complainants. He is facing a hearing to determine whether he stands trial. Details of the charges are yet to be revealed. He has repeatedly denied the allegations.

Mr Dearing said the robes were heavy and detailed and “not something that was easy to manoeuvre”.

He said Cardinal Pell would have required help to dress and undress before and after each Mass.

During cross-examination, one of Cardinal Pell’s defence barristers, Ruth Shann, asked Mr Dearing: “It [the robe] was not able to be parted in the middle to reveal one’s genitals? Or indeed, parted to one side to reveal one’s genitals?”

Mr Dearing responded “No.” ... (read rest of the article at the link).

This was from The Age, one of Australia's foremost MSM carriers. But I have also seen other online articles where you can infer that the power and strategy of the Vatican will win: one of the complainants has died, and another is no longer fit to testify....

Reactions: Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
J
I hope this doesn’t offend anyone, but I have a hard time believing someone who speaks about poverty and selfishness when their organization controls untold billions of dollars of assets. I know there are thousands of hard-working and selfless people who work for and are followers of the church, but there is SO much more information and benefit they could do if only the “higher ups” would have a change of heart.

I get that this is all just one more aspect of “Deep State”, but I can always hope, can’t I?

:)

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
I hope this doesn’t offend anyone, but I have a hard time believing someone who speaks about poverty and selfishness when their organization controls untold billions of dollars of assets.
True. I don't know if you are aware of this but the catholic churches in Latin America while professing being poor ("The Church is poor my son!") have for starters the effigies of their saints, altars, etc., surrounded by countless reliquaries of gold, silver and jewels given to them by the fateful and grateful recipients of a 'miracle' requested by the donors for hundreds of years. I always thought they could melt some of that gold and silver and sell it to feed/house the poor, the infirm, the old, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)