Is Whole Foods Having Financial Woes? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Linda submitted a new transients.info article.

Is Whole Foods Having Financial Woes?
An article in Natural News reports on the decline in revenues for Whole Foods, as well as the rise for stores like Costco.

"After six consecutive quarters of same-store declines, Whole Foods was forced to close the doors of nine different stores."

"Costco’s organic sales are growing so rapidly, that in 2016 the retailer announced that they would be pursuing an initiative to help their farmers purchase more land, so they can grow more organic food. CEO Craig Jelinek reportedly told investors, “We cannot get enough organics to stay in business day in and day out.”" — Natural News

I am an original shopper of Whole Foods, although I've not been there in some time. First,...
Click here to continue on to the original article.

Reactions: Stargazer

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I only go to whole foods when it's close and our only option. When i first got married, it was the only option, and we had to drive into the city to get to it. But i had so much fun seeing fruits I'd never heard of nor seen, and trying out new things.

I LOVE natural grocers though. They are amazing. The employees are always so helpful and all the produce is organic. You don't have to go sifting through it all to find it.
They're also very open to adding new product at a suggestion, hoping to personalize it to the clientele in the area.

My brother also refers to whole foods as "whole paycheck". It really is a shame. How sad it is that they would take such a necessary product as wholesome food and "high end" it.

Reactions: Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)