Is the Universe Conscious? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
A rare mainstream media article was posted in June, covering information that wouldn’t normally be talked about so openly, and goes towards showing that things are really changing in terms of certain topics becoming more acceptable. It focused on some of the world's most renowned scientists who question the cosmos, asking, “Has it got a consciousness similar to our own?”

Physicist Gregory Matloff recently published a paper which said humans may be like the rest of the universe in substance, and spirit. A “proto-consciousness field” could extend through all of space. Stars may be thinking entities that deliberately control their paths.

nasa.jpg

German physicist Bernard Haisch proposed in 2006 that quantum fields which permeate all of empty space produce and transmit consciousness that can then emerge into any complex system with energy flowing through it. So he means not just the brain, but any physical structure.

Christof Koch, an American neuroscientist best known for his work on the neural bases of consciousness, says, “The only dominant theory we have of consciousness says that it is associated with complexity — with a system’s ability to act upon its own state and determine its own fate. Theory states that it could go down to very simple systems. In principle, some purely physical systems that are not biological or organic may also be conscious.” Kock also goes on to say, “We are more complex, we have more self-awareness — well, some of us do — but other systems have awareness, too. We may share this property of experience, and that is what consciousness is: the ability to experience anything, from the most mundane to the most refined religious experience.”

Roger Penrose, an English mathematical physicist, mathematician and philosopher of science, links consciousness and quantum mechanics together. He says that self-awareness and free will begin with quantum events in the brain and inevitably link our minds with the cosmos. “The laws of physics produce complex systems, and these complex systems lead to consciousness, which then produces mathematics, which can then encode in a succinct and inspiring way the very underlying laws of physics that gave rise to it.”

In 1930 Albert Einstein called the sense of connectedness that some of us pick up on intuitively, the cosmic religious feeling. “In my view, it is the most important function of art and science to awaken this feeling and keep it alive in those who are receptive to it,” he said.

You can find the original article here that my post is based upon: https://www.nbcnews.com/…/sci…/universe-conscious-ncna772956

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
“Has it got a consciousness similar to our own?”
I loved seeing this article--and especially due to the fact that it indicates that even so-called "mainstream" scientists and sources are exploring the idea!

I would have to say, most definitely! Only the Consciousness of the Universe must certainly be far, far more expanded than any that could be contained in our tiny human form, of course...

:bag

Anna

Involved Wayfarer
Aug 1, 2016
In relation to this i got to think about an event when, at night when i was out, a yellow orange flying ball came out of nowhere it felt like. What surprised me was it seemed to move in a conscious way. Moving and standing still like it was watching me. Then moving pretty Close over My head. Then it moved, standing Still and just disappearing.

I have researched and so far i dont know what it was, only know it was not moving uncontrolled but rather conscious.

OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
In relation to this i got to think about an event when, at night when i was out, a yellow orange flying ball came out of nowhere it felt like. What surprised me was it seemed to move in a conscious way. Moving and standing still like it was watching me. Then moving pretty Close over My head. Then it moved, standing Still and just disappearing.
Our more natural state is a sphere when existing out of the body, and we can have a 360 degree view if we chose to. But this sounds something a bit different like a nature spirit type of consciousness.

When I was very young, my father was out hunting in the hills, in New Zealand, and he was chased by large bright lights, that sounded like the shape of a ball of light. I think those were UFO's of some kind.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016

I have researched and so far i dont know what it was, only know it was not moving uncontrolled but rather conscious.
I think it's cool that a person can know when something is conscious/acting in a conscious way, even when they can't verbalize why they think so. In a way, that may speak more of our connectedness to everything than any other experience I can think of:-D

Anna

Involved Wayfarer
Aug 1, 2016
In relation to your fathers experience Laron. The first thing i thought of when it disappeared was that it could have been a UFO and even if it wasnt i think i realized I was affected by the commonly picture of a UFO in media and it opened my perspectives for in the possibilities of forms a UFO could appear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)