Is that link safe? — URL virus, malware, website checkers (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I can usually determine visually if a URL is safe and worth clicking on. I'm pretty selective anyway. But occasionally I am curious for the links I don't click.

If you ever wonder if it's safe to click on a link, use one of these websites below.

The process is that you copy the link and paste it into the appropriate field on these sites, and it will check if it's a safe link or not.

https://www.virustotal.com

https://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com/

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Thanks, I've bookmarked this.

• Winner
Reactions: Laron

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I'm always using Norton if I need it.

Also Avira is a virus checker that also offers a 'browser safety' tool that also gives a warning before you load the site (and also has a kind of tracking blocker that hinders the site to track you).

• Informative
Reactions: Laron

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Also Avira is a virus checker that also offers a 'browser safety' tool that also gives a warning before you load the site (and also has a kind of tracking blocker that hinders the site to track you).
What else does Alvira do?

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
What else does Alvira do?
It's actually just a normal safety suite with all the ingredients. I am using the free version of the virus checker for many years now (also had Avast, Norton and a few others but stuck to this one).

It's maybe what other suppliers of this kind also do.

• Thank you!
Reactions: Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)