Is QHHT "Incompatible" with Some Folks? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

John Helios

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 31, 2016
www.HeliosJournal.com
All,

For those of you who've known me on FB and otherwise, I've been an avid transient follower and participant these last two years since my awakening then. Soon after joining, I learned about QHHT, and after finally settling down here in Taiwan, I recently went for two QHHT sessions with the same practitioner here locally (she's a listed practitioner on the QHHT website), and... well...

"It didn't work." I didn't "go under" either time, although I must say I was pretty relaxed. I did see some imagery, but it was only fleeting - like a half of a second. Really bummed.

Has anyone ever dealt with this, whereby the QHHT method doesn't shift one's perception to be in direct contact with higher self? Just doesn't click?

Or...

Is it possible that I'm already directly in touch.. and thus a shift isn't necessary? (I wouldn't be so presumptuous to assume this).

Advice please.

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
Hypnosis is a heightened state of awareness. What this means is that the client becomes relaxed enough to go beyond the conscious mind through an alpha state of relaxation. The client is very aware of what is said and is in control at all times unless they can achieve a very deep state of hypnosis called Somnambulism but most people can't reach this state without practice. The more hypnosis one has the deeper one can get.

You might think of hypnosis as being very much like meditation. When one first begins to meditate it takes some practice to quiet the mind. After practicing meditation for a while one can reach a deep trance very quickly. This is the same with hypnosis. The best hypnosis subjects are people that meditate on a regular basis because they can allow a trance to come on very quickly.

A good practitioner will make sure their clients understand what hypnosis is and if they don't then the client can have expectations of what they believe hypnosis should be through movies and books. The expectations will cause the client to not allow themselves to relax enough to quiet the mind and rest the ego so that they can reach into the subconscious part of their mind. The subconscious never forgets present or past lives.

Some people don't see images of past lives right away. They may experience sounds or smells and it's up to a good practitioner to build on those senses until images appear.

The last part of the session where the higher self comes in to answer questions and to heal is much like channeling. In my experience only about half of my clients could reach a deep enough trance to allow the higher self to take over.

Many people come into a session after reading Dolores' books and they believe they will have a session like her clients did but Dolores went through many subjects until she found certain people that could reach a deep enough state of hypnosis to write about.

I can tell you without doubt that when the higher self is called they most certainly are present in the room. I can always feel the energy in the room change at that point in the session. Even if my client couldn't allow the higher self to take over I would ask all the client's questions and request that they receive answers in ways appropriate to them over the next week or so. I've had many clients contact me and say that their questions were answered through dreams and information dropping into their lap.

John, how did you feel after your session? Did your practitioner throughly explain hypnosis? Did you have expectations before going to the session?

crumbz

Involved Wayfarer
Apr 14, 2019
I had a similar experience to the one John described. Similar because I went for the QHHT session, I did go through 3 past life regressions which were pretty "aha" moments for me. The one thing that bothered me was right before the session, this headache started. The headache grew in intensity and when I was at the practitioner's office, she said it sometimes happen because of the shift in energy leading up to the session. She also mentioned that the headache will go away when I get into the session.

The thing is, the headache did not go away. It grew in intensity throughout the session, getting worse and worse.

When it came to calling in the higher self, i distinctly heard the practitioner's voice asking to speak to my higher self and it was like a good 3 seconds where both of us waited to hear something. I kept waiting to feel this 'presence' that will tell me there is a bigger presence there than me that will then start talking. Nope, no such luck.

So she asked again to speak with my higher self. Nothing. At some point, I actually meekly went "Er....I don't think this is working." And then the poor practitioner said okay let's try this again, I need to give permission. Right. Permission. All the while, the top of my head throbbed and my mind was just thinking isn't this throbbing supposed to go away already?

When she asked the third time if she could speak to my higher self and there was absolute silence, I had this moment where I wondered...am I supposed to just go Yes and rattle away what comes to my mind? Is that how this higher self channeling thing works? I'm very new to this, having just started learning about all this stuff since earlier in the year so I had no idea what was right or wrong. So in a moment of sheer...stupidity?desperation? I just blurbed "Yes" when i was pretty obvious that my higher self was not there.

The questions came. I struggled with the answers because of course, it was me, but not the higher self me, but the me me (oh you know what I mean). All the while, the headache continued, I was blabbing stuff that I thought was the answer but there were parts where I didn't know the answer and I think I sort of just dived into the head, threw a few pieces of information that appeared to make sense and presented it as that.

I came out of the session feeling somewhat confused because I could have sworn if the higher self came through, I would have felt it at some point. I felt nothing. I only felt me struggling to grasp answers for questions that I had no answers to..which incidentally, was why I asked the practitioner to ask those questions in the first place.

Also that headache by then became a full blown jackhammer thumping in the head. I didn't know what was up but it was so unbearable, the first thing I did after exiting the practitioner's office, was to grab two paracetamol pills and downed them with water. It took another 15 minutes before I got any relief.

So, very much like John there, I kinda of get the feeling my Higher Self didn't come through. Which was a little disheartening because I went into the session hoping to get some answers. Another part of me wanted to find another QHHT practitioner to see if maybe in a different session, with a different practitioner, this might bring me 'under' enough for the higher self to come through.

I surfed the internet to try to find if others have had a similar challenge but I think the sharings are limited in this area. Most of what I read about are the successful QHHT sessions. I haven't quite found one that would talk about a session that didn't go so well until google search brought me to the post that John did here, which was incidentally 3 years ago.

I struggled to understand if...should I be meditating more before I attempt another QHHT? What was possibly causing the massive (and I say massive because I've never felt head pain to that level before in my life) headache before, during and after the session? Have I got like a..clogged chakra or something on the head? The QHHT practitioners in my country are very few and within my circle, no one is in the path of awakening so I find I am very alone in my questions and struggle to find the right people who can possibly share their experience in this area with me. Would be lovely to hear from any of you with similar experiences and if you've found a way to move forward from that.

• A hug for you
Reactions: Alain and Anaeika

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Let's ask a couple of QHHT practitioners about this.

Laron and Lorna Wilson, do you all have any observations?

Reactions: Anaeika

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
www.lornawilsonqhhthealing.co.uk
It cannot be incompatible with anyone who has consciousness as the technique is based on accessing our own individual consciousness. It's something that is a part of us. It's so simple as we all are conscious/subconscious beings.

The question might be 'can everyone allow themselves to shift into the brainwaves of an expanded consciousness with a facilitator present?'. Some people are guarded through secrets or shame etc. so will not allow themselves to relax deeply around others for fear of losing control.

Quantum Healing works for everything and the process is gentle but very powerful. The answers and knowledge come from you and you will have the direct experience of this personal knowledge. Look at how simple the process is:

Pre-talk = communication with your conscious mind - we discuss what is going on and map out what you'd like to achieve.

Hypnosis = revelations from your subconscious mind - shows the original cause, which may be metaphorical, an analogy or even a past life. Whatever your unconscious mind expresses as the direct cause or antidote.

Subconscious communication = resolution through your higher consciousness mind - your questions are asked, and answered, with healing when necessary..

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
The thing is, the headache did not go away. It grew in intensity throughout the session, getting worse and worse.
I would have used your headache to bridge back to the original cause. Whatever shows up in the session is subconscious led, so it has meaning that we can discover. If it persistent then for sure it should be investigated and therefore cleared.

I kept waiting to feel this 'presence' that will tell me there is a bigger presence there than me that will then start talking. Nope, no such luck.
This suggests to me that you have a misunderstanding about the process, and therefore the expectations would be from your conscious mind being engaged which of course is not hypnosis. I spend quality time explaining the process prior to the client going into the hypnosis part of the session. Even giving them to opportunity to experience how it works beforehand.

this might bring me 'under' enough for the higher self to come through.
No one goes 'under' that is a misconception. Have a look at this brainwave info as it will give you a good understanding of what is occuring, and you'll realise that there is nothing magical about a natural process:
This Is How Brain Waves Contribute To The State of Mind

I struggled to understand if...should I be meditating more before I attempt another QHHT? What was possibly causing the massive (and I say massive because I've never felt head pain to that level before in my life) headache before, during and after the session? Have I got like a..clogged chakra or something on the head?
None of that is necessary. You just have not understood the process. There's no preparation necessary as our consciousness is always with us as it is. From that point we begin the session (we as a facilitator) helps you to explore all of your questions and more. The goal and outcome is that you will feel better in your own skin, know who and why you are, and experience self love and acceptance.

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
IMO people need to trust strangers in order to relax enough to be hypnotized. 30 years ago I could not be hypnotized because I had serious trust issues. It's also possible you have some 4th frequency blocks which prevent you from being hypnotized. Meditation is nice and relaxing for me but I haven't fallen into a state of deep relaxation though. OTOH I can get in touch with a few spirits and I don't even have to close my eyes, I just shift my mental focus inward. So I still don't really understand all the details of all this yet myself.

Last edited:

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Being able to completely relax is key. I do not fully remember when my HS came through during my session at the end, but just felt extremely happy and loved unconditionally. I was surprised to listen to my recording and hear the last part. I could have fallen asleep and it took awhile to get back in my body. In hindsight, I should have rested and eaten something before driving off in my car. Just wanted to share my experience.

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
People need to trust strangers in order to relax enough to be hypnotized. 30 years ago I could not be hypnotized because I had serious trust issues.
I would disagree in part. The only trust is to allow a 'stranger' to help you access very private things or so one would fear. No one hypnotises us as we go into that state by ourselves, therefore no one can truly hypnotise another if they are not in a 'yes-mindset' to allow it. If there are blocks it has nothing to do with numbered frequencies but that we might have some internal block. e.g subpersonalities, thoughtforms attached entities etc. Dr Tom Zinser details this in his work and books. http://www.soulcenteredhealing.net/
We are naturally in and out of trance states daily as this article details
everyday trance states

Meditation is nice and relaxing for me but I haven't fallen into a state of deep relaxation though.
Meditation is not hypnosis although is technically called medical hypnosis.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts on this, it has helped me to get a better understanding of this process :)
Hello, :)

Are you thinking about getting a QHHT session?

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Being able to completely relax is key. I do not fully remember when my HS came through during my session at the end, but just felt extremely happy and loved unconditionally. I was surprised to listen to my recording and hear the last part. I could have fallen asleep and it took awhile to get back in my body. In hindsight, I should have rested and eaten something before driving off in my car. Just wanted to share my experience.
In my second QHHT session which was much longer than the first, I had to eat mid-way because of hypoglycaemia, and the therapist (very experienced, Sian Chua) went into her kitchen and brought me back some mega-nutritious avocado/nut concoction that she eats herself. This did the trick and I was able to relax and go back into it, with great success.

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
IMO people need to trust strangers in order to relax enough to be hypnotized. 30 years ago I could not be hypnotized because I had serious trust issues. It's also possible you have some 4th frequency blocks which prevent you from being hypnotized. Meditation is nice and relaxing for me but I haven't fallen into a state of deep relaxation though. OTOH I can get in touch with a few spirits and I don't even have to close my eyes, I just shift my mental focus inward. So I still don't really understand all the details of all this yet myself.
I had a moment the thought i cannot be hynotheized but after a refelexion it is obvious if i like being in that state i can come to it

P.s. i had no qhht session so far to my location

• Insightful Post
Reactions: Lila

ECinLondon

Just Arrived
Jan 30, 2020
Hi Crumbz, thanks for sharing your experience, which is very identical to mine. I came out from the session disappointed and, like you, started developing a headche during the subconscious questions - I did exactly like you. It has bothered me as o much I decided to google for people who share the same exoperience. It's kind of comforting that I'm not alone in this.

• Friendly Post
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Lila and Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
ECinLondon, be sure to read the responses from Lorna, who is quite an accomplished QHHT practitioner - in London btw. I think she does a good job of explaining the basis of the headaches and other physical symptoms.

It appears you all are located in the same area, so you might send her a message. https://www.lornawilsonqhhthealing.co.uk

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Just some theories I have: it may not have been the right time for you to be with that practitioner. Perhaps there was interference from a bad spirit. Or maybe your HS didn't see value in doing this at this time. Or maybe you were meant to question this event for a reason, to learn something.

Timing is important, this is where I believe astrology comes into play.

• Intriguing Post
Reactions: Alain

Evangeline

Just Arrived
Feb 7, 2020
Glad to have found this discussion. I had my first session 2 days ago and was very disappointed. I actually had the practitioner end the session because it felt like so much work to get out of my conscious head and be entranced to a point of speaking from my unconscious. She was repeatedly having to speak to my conscious mind to move out of the way. It actually started bringing me a bit of anxiety and physical discomfort. I remember everything that was said as most of the time it just felt like I was speaking from myself and not necessarily my higher self. Although the practitioner claims that most of my questions were answered, they really weren't. And the answers that did come out where things I already knew. I was really hoping to go deeper and find out some information that I don't know with my conscious mind. Not sure if the lack of success was a combination of me not letting go enough or the practitioners inability to take me deeper (Although she's been practicing for 8 years). We spoke extensively prior to what to expect, but none of the things that she said were true for me in my session. She also assured me that some of the things I said were in fact coming from my higher self because I was speaking in third person. However, I was only speaking in third person because she was speaking to me as myself in third person. She said that she would offer another session for free, but that she was getting ready to leave town permanently, and so would not be available. I somewhat question the ethics of taking on a new client right before she's getting ready to move. Anyway, I've read a lot about the process of qhht and feel as if maybe it is a combination of my lack of preparedness on what to expect and how to let go more and the practitioner not being a good fit for me. I'm not entirely sure. I would not rule out trying another session with another practitioner, but it definitely was disappointing and even more disappointing that I chucked out most of my paycheck for nothing. Not sure what to make of it all, but I'll keep exploring.

• Insightful Post
Reactions: Alain and Lila

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Glad to have found this discussion. I had my first session 2 days ago and was very disappointed. I actually had the practitioner end the session because it felt like so much work to get out of my conscious head and be entranced to a point of speaking from my unconscious. She was repeatedly having to speak to my conscious mind to move out of the way. It actually started bringing me a bit of anxiety and physical discomfort. I remember everything that was said as most of the time it just felt like I was speaking from myself and not necessarily my higher self. Although the practitioner claims that most of my questions were answered, they really weren't. And the answers that did come out where things I already knew. I was really hoping to go deeper and find out some information that I don't know with my conscious mind. Not sure if the lack of success was a combination of me not letting go enough or the practitioners inability to take me deeper (Although she's been practicing for 8 years). We spoke extensively prior to what to expect, but none of the things that she said were true for me in my session. She also assured me that some of the things I said were in fact coming from my higher self because I was speaking in third person. However, I was only speaking in third person because she was speaking to me as myself in third person. She said that she would offer another session for free, but that she was getting ready to leave town permanently, and so would not be available. I somewhat question the ethics of taking on a new client right before she's getting ready to move. Anyway, I've read a lot about the process of qhht and feel as if maybe it is a combination of my lack of preparedness on what to expect and how to let go more and the practitioner not being a good fit for me. I'm not entirely sure. I would not rule out trying another session with another practitioner, but it definitely was disappointing and even more disappointing that I chucked out most of my paycheck for nothing. Not sure what to make of it all, but I'll keep exploring.
Sorry to hear your experience was not optimal, especially when you are trying a new method for self-exploration. I just wanted to pipe up and tell you that on my first QHHT experience (I've had 2) I thought I was conscious right throughout. I was aware of myself speaking and what I was saying. I only learned later that is quite normal in hypnosis. Luckily for me, during the session, I had a couple of things where I spoke the first word that popped into my head (even though at the time I thought to myself - should I say it?) and it turned out to corroborate the time period for that life. It was in fact a word in the language of that time, something I couldn't possibly have consciously known.

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I'm honestly very trepidatious about doing a session for a lot of the same reasons that you guys are sharing. I have a fear that the information that will come through will just basically be me talking, saying things I already know. Or that it won't get to the depth that I want, rather doing light stuff I generally work on consciously and in my own spiritual practice.
Not to mention the notion of not even getting into the hypnosis.

I'm technically saving up for it, but I know if I wasn't nervous about it, I would've gone ahead and found a way. I keep thinking, 'i want to be far enough along in my spiritual practice so that when I go there, I'll get to the more meaty part of what I should know, (more bang for the buck, so to speak) rather than going over the same basic crap I am trying to work through already. (That I should be able to work through on my own.)'

On a tangential line of thought, does anyone see it as "cheating"? Jumping past hurdles that we may have there to learn through? Shouldn't we be able to do all this without such a resource?

Anyway. I know some questions that I have continually come up, and I would do well to have those done and figured out. I just really want to make this one count. It is expensive. Perhaps I won't think of the very pertinent and helpful question that could help the most.
Blah. I'm sorry if I'm rambling. It's been several years of me humming and hawing over this topic. Perhaps I'm not looking at it the right way.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I think that this is all about expansion of our human capacity to know our multi-dimensional selves, so that we can recognise that we are far more than what we present as ourselves here. Remember that to be born in this realm of illusion is to deep dive into limitation, which is all well and good because that is the choice of lives we chose to live, so that we could learn from polarity, duality, illusion, and waking up to it all. And to expand into that self-knowledge, is to allow enough trust in one's own intuition, to trust what comes forward, without just shooting it down, because that would be the defensive position.

I don't think QHHT is cheating in any way, because in a way you are letting another intuitive person hold your hand while you go for a scuba dive into your own subconscious, and from there into your super-conscious or overview level.

I have already written about it on this forum in another place, but in one of the lives that came up to be viewed in the session, I experienced a machine life (life as a machine, i.e. a sentient machine). The QHHT practitioner queried where I was at that time. The name "Aurora" came up. I thought I was consciously thinking this up, but I thought "Just go with it". Only months later did I discover through my normal researches and reading that there is in fact another Universe with that name. I had journeyed outside this Universe into another Universe!

And that is but one example. So the real question is, shall I put my money where my trust is?

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I've had 3 QHHT sessions, including one with Laron. Before the first one, I was not too sure what to expect, but the young woman put me at ease. The idea of being hypnotized may have a questionable rap from the media - as if a person has no control over themselves. This is not the case. I found the experience to be along the lines of zoning out at the beach as I watched waves roll in, floating in a pool, or even a sound meditation - peaceful and interesting. Granted they are not the same, but they do illustrate the different stages of brain waves we all experience.

I'm going to quote from Lorna Wilson, who replied earlier on this thread. She is a well-known practitioner in London. I've found her to be funny, down-to-earth, and quite knowledgeable. In other words, I trust her. She makes a good point about the comfort level of accessing your expanded consciousness with another person present.

If you've gone to counseling, then you've discussed your issues with another person. Healing hypnosis is an opportunity to get at the root of an issue, if that is what you wish. Basically, people do not become a QHHT practitioner on a whim; they believe in what they do.

Perhaps you are interested in other things. For me, my sessions were great trips of exploration. One the funniest moments was when my other brothers and sisters popped in. Another showed significant points in other lives, including one when I was around when the Earth was coming into being, weaving energies, and to my great delight, one of my friends was right there doing the same thing. The practitioner said that as I described this experience, colors were spinning on my arms. Yes, I talk with my hands even in QHHT. :-D What was the big take-away? I've had many lives at tipping points, which certainly makes sense in this one.

It cannot be incompatible with anyone who has consciousness as the technique is based on accessing our own individual consciousness. It's something that is a part of us. It's so simple as we all are conscious/subconscious beings.
The question might be 'can everyone allow themselves to shift into the brainwaves of an expanded consciousness with a facilitator present?'. Some people are guarded through secrets or shame etc. so will not allow themselves to relax deeply around others for fear of losing control.
Quantum Healing works for everything and the process is gentle but very powerful. The answers and knowledge come from you and you will have the direct experience of this personal knowledge.

She goes on to answer more questions.
  • Some wrote about getting a headache, she said it was an opportunity to bridge back to the original cause because it has a meaning we can discover.
  • Another comment was about waiting for a presence that would come in and speak. Lorna said: This suggests to me that you have a misunderstanding about the process, and therefore the expectations would be from your conscious mind being engaged which of course is not hypnosis.
  • One wrote about waiting for the feeling of going under. She replied: No one goes 'under' that is a misconception. Have a look at this brainwave info as it will give you a good understanding of what is occuring, and you'll realise that there is nothing magical about a natural process: https://blog.mindvalley.com/brain-waves/
In one the sources Lorna quotes, the author says that various states of brain wave activity / hypnosis are a natural part of our lives. Have you ever "zoned out", recalled a pleasant or not so pleasant memory, imagined how a meeting might go, or while watching a movie you are in the movie? These are different levels of brain wave activity.

It may well be that only 30% of the population respond to authoritarian hypnotic commands, but hypnosis itself is a universal human trait. 100% of the population experience it in some form or another on a daily basis. It may even be that we live most, if not all, of our lives in various trance states, an idea suggested by the psychotherapist Stephen Wolinsky in his book Trances People Live.
Wolinsky observed that the so-called Deep Trance Phenomena (DTP), generally believed to be exclusively part of formal hypnosis sessions, are actually present throughout much of our daily lives. "Normal" consciousness, he argued, is made up of these phenomena, which we switch into and out of all day long. http://www.abouthypnosis.com/everyday-trance-states.html
Evangeline, I am sorry about that experience. It does sound as though your conscious mind wanted to stay front and center. My sense is that how this type of session works may not have been well-explained. Perhaps looking at the info about the different states of brain waves / hypnosis that are common in our everyday lives might help. As I've become more aware of the different states, I can feel myself slipping or gliding from one level to another.

I just recalled a suggestion before the first 2 sessions - no caffeine at least 4 hours before the session. It does make sense not to imbibe things that encourage our conscious minds to chatter away.

Angela, I understand your idea of getting the most bang for the buck and not wanting to waste time on things I "should" be able to handle on my own. Being very practical and a fiscal conservative, I get it. The other side of the coin is that perhaps there is a forgotten reason for an issue, and once known, the solution is readily available, and we can move on.

Is it cheating - well no more than doing yoga, taking vitamins/supplements, using essential oils, or getting acupuncture. We have tools available to help us thrive, and this is one of them.

It is a big financial investment. Practitioners are people, and we get along differently with different people. Since the first person I saw has moved, I will need to find another. The first place I would go is the official website to find one in my area. Then I would read reviews and narrow down the possibilities. The next step would be journaling a few days to clarify what I wanted to accomplish. I would set an intention to find the best person for me, and then I would contact the people and explain my QHHT experience (or concerns) and what I wished to accomplish. I trust that the right person will be evident to me. https://dolorescannon.com/find-practitioner/

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
a self regression i think i heard that term at a moment, dreamland is wonderland

seriously where i search my formulations lol

i can be i am also one of those candidats

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)