Is a flying train in your future (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
AKKA Technologies has a new idea about moving people and cargo. Traditional flight has an enormous carbon footprint. Plus, we all know it is an colossal pain in the patootie. On the other hand, seeing new places and people and visiting friends and family have value beyond measure. So, what is the interim step between airline flight and our own flying cars? AKKA thinks it is a flying train.

It is actually a really clever idea from the AKKA group called “Link & Fly” which separates the fuselage of an airplane from wings. No more grabbing a cab or bus to get to the airport; instead, the fuselage sits on a cart and magically transforms into a train. You pick it up at a downtown station, and then ride to the airport.
It is a fascinating concept that could change planes the way containers changed ships; instead of wasting all that time deplaning, unloading luggage, cleaning and reloading, you just swap out the incoming plane’s fuselage for the outgoing one, essentially containerizing the passengers. Turnaround time is significantly reduced. https://www.treehugger.com/aviation/plane-detachable-fuselage-could-really-take.html

The train / fuselage runs along tracks, picking up passengers and/or cargo, goes to the airport, and rolls onto the tarmac to clip onto the wings. It would be feasible for short range flights, and I can see how it might work here because people always are traveling between the big cities like Dallas and Houston. There would be staff onboard the train to vet, scan, whatever, the passengers before linking up with the wings.

The video gives an idea how it might work.

Reactions: Lila and Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I was just thinking about the most efficient ways of transport in the future.

I think underground would make the most sense, but then when they are digging the long tunnels they could run into some interesting things such as sink holes, alien bases, hollow earth towns, ET craft from thousands of years ago (i.e. Baltic sea anomaly), underground bunkers not marked maps, and so on and so forth.

Reactions: Lila and Linda

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
I work in aviation. It's about time they came up with this concept. I swear their thinking hasn't advanced since ww2. They're better and more efficient and safer but basically the same thing just updated. That's a great idea but I wanna levitate and fly...

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Underground is subject to geology, with a variety of problems over distances. For example in Texas, there are many aquifers.

I know many people fly out early in the morning for business in major cities, so this really could work .... until we get the levitating thing going.

Reactions: Lila and Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Underground is subject to geology, with a variety of problems over distances. For example in Texas, there are many aquifers.
I see the entire process of flying very slow and above ground is only going to get more congested and filled with structures, where underground could go in a straight line if done correctly, therefore the speed could be very fast.

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
Appearantly the military already have them criss crossing the us. Very high speed runs. They won't let anyone use them...

Reactions: Lila

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
Appearantly the military already have them criss crossing the us. Very high speed runs. They won't let anyone use them...
Yes, there are many articles/reports confirming such railroad use. Linda is correct too, underground transportation could be very problematic in geological active areas (West Coast in the US for example where we have the San Andreas, Cascadia, Hayward faults) and even the areas close to the New Madrid fault (Missouri, northeastern Arkansas, western Tennessee and Kentucky, and southern Illinois) when between 1811 and 1812, it experienced some of the largest quakes in history; would be of great concern.

Reactions: June and Linda

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Termites fly to find new locations so a queen may emerge. Dragonflies have helipads on their feet, so they can land on water. What can we learn from observing nature?

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
This looks awesome!
Cities change when their center is active with folks coming and going. They become more active and alive... also dirtier unless cleaned regularly. Having trains like this that left from the city center would change a lot.

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
I was just thinking about the most efficient ways of transport in the future.

I think underground would make the most sense, but then when they are digging the long tunnels they could run into some interesting things such as sink holes, alien bases, hollow earth towns, ET craft from thousands of years ago (i.e. Baltic sea anomaly), underground bunkers not marked maps, and so on and so forth.

in secureteam10 videos are frequently discussions of underground booms that shook houses and opens cracks, also an secret projet of something useful?

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
Until teleporting becomes the norm, I fancy small, flying vehicles, similar to a car.
Run on the free, clean energy that is all around for the taking, I don’t know if it has a particular name.
I’m sure some of you darlings know much more about that than me.

There has been enough sci-fi films showing this type of transport, it appeals to me immensely.
I much prefer it to underground, once our planet is cleaned up from all the crap that goes,on today.
When folk are living their lives as they should, in love......without fear.
When the sun looks down from a chemtrail free, blue sky, I want to be up there in that blue sky, flying my little vehicle, with fresh air all around.
Savouring the cleanliness, the vivid colours, the light.

I don’t fancy traveling underground, in the dark, or artificial light.
We don’t belong in the dark, upwards is where we should aim for, ever upwards, never down.

I

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
When the sun looks down from a chemtrail free, blue sky, I want to be up there in that blue sky, flying my little vehicle, with fresh air all around.
Savouring the cleanliness, the vivid colours, the light.
You've got my address, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)