Interplanetary Permaculture (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

HabitatBranch

Just Arrived
Dec 3, 2021
Just wanted to share and ask for some thoughts about the idea of a permanent (or at least longterm in a more cosmic sense) human culture that extends beyond pure habitation of the Earth's biosphere. Though I personally would prefer to just inhabit the Earth's biosphere, it seems inevitable that our species will be moving out into the cosmos in the relatively near future. Additionally, the longterm survival of our species may require a presence on multiple planets.

When I think about permaculture beyond ecosystems, I think primarily about sympathetic resonance. I am sure that my understanding of the relationship between forms and different resonant geometries is still quite basic, but it seems clear that life on Earth is inherently an expression of the resonant geometry of the Earth, as the Earth is an expression of the resonant geometry of the solar system, of the Carina-Sagittarius arm, of the milky way, etc..
Often I see people talking about technology that will get us to other planets in the context of our current nonlocal extractive market system, but in order to approach this from a more sustainable perspective it seems necessary to consider "technologies" based primarily on local productivity. The voice is an obvious example of vibratory generation local to the human body. The electromagnetic field of the body is as well. Fields of resonant technologies are already starting to emerge, but they are still heavily based on the idea of "captured and contained" energy, rather than produced and immersive energy.
Is it so fantastical and fictional to envision technology that is sufficient in its own structure and activated by vibrational patterns of the body of its user? This seems like a necessary evolution in order to make sustainable interplanetary transportation, terraforming, etc.
Acoustic resonance is often featured in ancient master constructions found around the world. Was this a step in that direction? To amplify the vibratory fields of the human body as an energy source for intentional and practical application?

What do you think interplanetary permaculture would look like? How would humanity take a cosmic perspective of symbiotic integration in practice?

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Good question! We certainly don't want to go forward with our current ideas and structures - there are enough sci-fi movies that show that does not end well. :)

I do believe that our future movements can spring forth from the Earth changes and our recognition / remembering of the whole range of our human abilities.

Reactions: HabitatBranch

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I am of the opinion that we will first develop "on-sea" or "undersea" communities with renewable resources. Permaculture on pods or ocean-going platforms could be done.

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
What do you think interplanetary permaculture would look like? How would humanity take a cosmic perspective of symbiotic integration in practice?
Take a look around you. This planet and many others are seeded by beings that bring life to newly formed, barren or sometimes destroyed worlds in need of rehabilitation.

OP
HabitatBranch

HabitatBranch

Just Arrived
Dec 3, 2021
if the current state of humanity is an example of interplanetary permaculture from another species, then we are clearly a failure of interplanetary permaculture lol.
I mean humanity overall has been moving consistently towards extinction for thousands of years. any evolution that may be occurring in our species is certainly the exception to a norm of dramatic devolution. since I was talking about permaculture as a permanent or long lasting human culture, I don't think that looking around me at this toxic urban wasteland of delusion, manipulation, dissonance, and violence is even close to an example of permaculture.. but I don't know. I feel like you are talking about something different than I was, so what you said is probably more applicable for your line of thinking, to which I am not privy..

OP
HabitatBranch

HabitatBranch

Just Arrived
Dec 3, 2021
I do believe that our future movements can spring forth from the Earth changes and our recognition / remembering of the whole range of our human abilities.
Could you say anything more about what abilities you are talking about that still need to be recognized/remembered?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)