Interpersonal Connection as Fundamental Nutrition (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

HabitatBranch

Just Arrived
Dec 3, 2021
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for types of events, environments, etc. that may offer opportunities for authentic connection with others, without requiring integration into the economic system nor validation of dishonest concepts of separation and competition.
My experience has been that nearly everything going on around me that involves other people is fundamentally embedded in participation in agricultural, industrial, trade-reliant culture. This is a context I am completely incompatible with. I normally think that if I could find some kind of community focused on symbiotic integration with ecosystems and the water cycle through direct voluntary relationships, without validating reliance on trade or dishonest claims like land ownership, then maybe I could find some connection with others, but I have not found any community like that which I could get involved in.

I feel that, in general, my body is capable of maintaining health throughout many difficult contexts, however, prolonged total emotional isolation seems like something that pulls my health down consistently, no matter what else I do to try to support it. It seems like I will actually die from isolation if I do not find some way to address it soon.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
One of my best jobs was leading field trips at a working farm for school children. I had a blast because most kids (and a lot of the teachers) knew little about how we get our food. Also, there may be volunteer opportunities for walking tours in preserves or sky-watches. Granted these opportunities are not quite what you describe, but might be close.

OP
HabitatBranch

HabitatBranch

Just Arrived
Dec 3, 2021
One of my best jobs was leading field trips at a working farm for school children. I had a blast because most kids (and a lot of the teachers) knew little about how we get our food. Also, there may be volunteer opportunities for walking tours in preserves or sky-watches. Granted these opportunities are not quite what you describe, but might be close.
Thanks for your reply. I certainly have no intention of ever trying to trade time and energy for money again or voluntarily validating central bank coupon transactions in any way, even if it means that I am unable to survive much longer (a perfectly reasonable cost for integrity, in my opinion). That said, I would of course be potentially interested in doing more volunteering. Anything that is primarily social would likely not be a good fit for me though, interacting with the general public, especially in a casual way, is something I've had horrible experiences with throughout my life. Most likely it is not possible for me to find any people who could be part of my life, as it is unlikely I will be able to even make a life for myself, but... Just posting here in case something very unexpected comes up that I hadn't considered.

What is a sky-watch?

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Around here, people go outside the city lights, and knowledgeable people point out the planets and stars. Some come with telescopes. It is a sharing opportunity - teaching and learning.

I certainly have no intention of ever trying to trade time and energy for money again or voluntarily validating central bank coupon transactions in any way
I can understand that, and when the farm owners decided to go a more commercial route, all of the field trip leaders left. For me, it was about the children, which can be summed up with what one child said - "When I come back, will you tell me more things?". I mention this because I found greater value in reaching the children. While this kind of interaction is not "your thing", there may be a place at the edge of the traditional financial world. We are in a period of great changes, and being visible and available to others could be helpful for all.

OP
HabitatBranch

HabitatBranch

Just Arrived
Dec 3, 2021
I see. I've gone to a dark sky park an hour from where I live before, but the only time anyone else was there, it was completely packed during the Lyrid meteor shower and I'm pretty sure a private event was going on so I left so as not to disrupt them. I have no idea how someone would get involved in something like that other than to be intrusive.

Breaking the law on a large scale seems like the only way to make any progress (I don't mean breaking the law as in violence, I mean breaking the law as in disregarding arbitrary limitations of delusions - force cannot bring progress, only inspiration can, it's just that people can only be inspired of a real alternative if there is a real example of a real alternative). Clearly, any activity that is integrated with the economy (the opposite of ecology) to any degree will necessarily drag humanity down in the big picture, even if some people learn through it. A good example of this is in permaculture, where there is plenty that can be learned, but to actually apply it you must be wealthy or inherit access to land. All the poorest people who didn't inherit access to land are shut out completely from an opportunity to create functional habitat. It is a strategic aspect of this culture, if there wasn't domination of land and the life and culture within it, then governments could not maintain their feeling of control, which is what they exist for. Obviously there is nothing wrong with teaching people things, but I don't see how enabling the domination of life by misunderstanding and violence (through economic involvement) can ever be justified or required to do good things. As long as people are willing to settle for insufficiency, we will continue moving towards extinction as we have been for thousands of years. In that case, anything I could possibly do with my existence would be useless other than carving a mural in stone somewhere that it would survive the next major disaster, depicting examples of symbiosis and principles of geometry and physics, for whoever survives into the next age to find. or maybe the only humans who will survive will be selected by ETIs, in which case I'm sure they could offer more useful information than any mural I could create.

but I suppose it doesn't matter what I say or think. realistically, it's pointless for me to try to be part of humanity and I'm sure I couldn't explain to anyone why that is.

OP
HabitatBranch

HabitatBranch

Just Arrived
Dec 3, 2021
I'm pretty sure that I don't even exist in the same part of reality as other people. why would anyone ever try to work with what's available?

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Some of us, like me, function as bridges. We have one foot in each place and do important work. We have the ability to step in with a smile, a laugh, or a kind word. In those moments we reach people on a different level and can change the trajectory of a situation. People say that they feel better around me and that our home is one of peace and love.

It all depends upon our calling, and each of us has a different one.

OP
HabitatBranch

HabitatBranch

Just Arrived
Dec 3, 2021
apparently mine is to rot imprisoned in other people's waste and understand things for no reason. but of course I'm not stupid enough to think that there is an intelligence behind the structure of reality. I just hope my life will be short.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
I'm pretty sure that I don't even exist in the same part of reality as other people. why would anyone ever try to work with what's available?

Why don't you try and work with the anger and bitterness you so clearly live with? It is clouding your judgement and your perceptions.

I experienced that for quite a while, feeling that people were just too stupid to care about, life was meaningless and there was no point. It shifts when you start to focus on it and accept full responsibility.

Reactions: June
OP
HabitatBranch

HabitatBranch

Just Arrived
Dec 3, 2021
Why don't you try and work with the anger and bitterness you so clearly live with? It is clouding your judgement and your perceptions.

I experienced that for quite a while, feeling that people were just too stupid to care about, life was meaningless and there was no point. It shifts when you start to focus on it and accept full responsibility.
I do not feel the way you described, though I experience a LOT of anger of course, which is appropriate and I have no issue with it. Why do you believe that it is clouding my judgement and perceptions?
Most people are quite stupid, but that definitely doesn't mean that I don't or shouldn't care about them. and life isn't meaningless, everything is meaning. purpose is something that people assign to their lives and I absolutely would LOVE to assign the purpose that I am passionate about to my life, but the police beat me when I try to pursue it, since it is illegal to inhabit the earth's surface without paying to validate other people's delusions and violence, which I can't do even if I try to because I am incompatible with the social games of insincerity that people play to operate in the economy, which is something I've never been able to explain to anyone.

responsibility is the ability to respond. this concept is frequently misunderstood and misrepresented as a causal phenomena, which the term may have been intended to describe, but since there are no causal phenomena, the only way that responsibility can make sense if it is a description of the appearance of opportunity in personal experience. it is quite clear and without any doubt whatsoever that no one and nothing creates anything that exists, because this is not even a coherent idea. if there are separate things, they can't interact because they're separate. if they are not separate, they still can't interact because they're just different parts of the same thing. there is only necessity of possibility.

All of this said, I would suspect that my response will seem to miss your point and, if so, I would guess that is likely related to us having different means of evaluating quality of life. Many people I've encountered evaluate quality of life based on how it feels to people. this is not the case for me, definitely. I would never want to feel at peace about the way things are. that would be sickness, to me, since it would be inappropriately associated emotions. the pursuit of inner peace is definitely a mental illness in my opinion, and I have no issue with that opinion, nor have I ever encountered anyone who said something that made me think differently about it (not that I always thought that way of course, I was a hedonist for some time during highschool, but I fortunately grew out of it since I was always more invested in understanding than feeling good)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)