I was a Spanish Dancer (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
The other night I was watching a program about bio luminescent and fluorescent sea life. Some live deep in the oceans and have the most unusual lights. One of them has a lighted "ruffle skirt" that resembles those worn by Spanish dancers. I was enthralled with the idea of moving as they did - so effortlessly elegant - and wondered what it would be like. Then I sort of passed out, and when I woke up a little later, I recalled that I was one of these sea creatures.

Moving around and lighting up was just activity. I swam around silently and alone. On one level, I felt a little bereft, but I realized I was putting my human feelings onto this experience. Once I let that go, I experienced the peace of just being - no worries about the future or regrets about the past. I just was.

It all happened pretty fast - maybe 15 minutes or so, and it was quite an experience.

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I forgot to write a couple of things. The water felt "thick" as I moved, which might have been the pressure at that depth. Also, it was so silent, but that probably was because I had no ears. (:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)