I am a Chromatic Lexical Synesthete (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
I was about 9 when I asked a friend what colour her 3's were. She gave me such a strange look that I hastily dropped the subject and did not mention it again for nearly 30 years !

Then a national newspaper wrote a full page spread on the issue and I finally understood and accepted that I was a Synesthete.

It is not such a big deal. All my numbers and letters have a specific colour and texture. For example, my 1's are like Fox's Glacier Mints and my 4's are dark red
corduroy.

All my letters are also specific colours so names tend to be coloured too. LINDA is almost colourless as my capital L's are a hint of green and the i is like the ones really. N is also a pale green but darker than the L and lowercase A is pink.

SINERA on the other hand is a yellow name as my Capital S is bright yellow which dominates the whole name. Uppercase letters tend to be a stronger shade of the same colour as the lowercase.

The reason I am posting this is because there has been a change to my colours.

I first noticed this last week when I was doing the lottery. I chose some numbers and especially loved the 33 because when I thought of 33, I saw that it was full of pink roses.

All the numbers I chose were beautiful and I was happy not to win. But yesterday, whilst gardening, I decided to go through my numbers in my mind and I discovered something very weird. As well as my "33" turning from pink to pink roses, my 4's have changed from corduroy to velvet. Most amazing, all my numbers are growing borders of silver glitter. I cannot find anything on the Internet about this happening to other people.

Last edited:

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Wow, that it amazing - such rich images you have - like a tapestry. When I read your description, it seemed as if your number and letter images are growing - maybe more important now - perhaps like a larger and more in-depth picture.

People could come to you with ideas for baby names and see how the letters fit together into an image.

OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
When I read your description, it seemed as if your number and letter images are growing - maybe more important now - perhaps like a larger and more in-depth picture.

Yes, I went through my Uppercase letters and when I look at 'Linda' the uppercase 'L' looks like it came off the set of Game of Thrones. There are black triangles emanating from the post (l) of the L. Also some of the other uppercase letters are encrusted with jewelled crystals in the shade of the letter.

I also see music in colours, it can lead to overload which is probably why I have always avoided concerts.

I am wondering if this is 5D synaesthesia!

• Divine
Reactions: June and Lila

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Yesterday I described a pain as purple. I surprised myself, but it was all I had to describe it.

• Funny
  • Love this post!
Reactions: June and Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I certainly visualize my tactile perceptions which can come in very handy when working with my hands. They come out in detailed 3D images with other elements added via texture, colour, movement, etc. I guess one could say these are other dimensions?
My pictures change all the time as things evolve, so perhaps it is not so odd that your colors have changed? Or maybe it is my pics which are unusual? Either way, I'm happy to have my pics. They add a lot of depth to things and make me an amazing packer which is very handy for someone who loves to travel :ROFL:

My numbers and letters tend to have personalities, however, rather than color per se. The color element may be there, just not as the main deal.

Reactions: June, Pod and Linda

One65

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jul 31, 2018
Canada
I also see music in colours, it can lead to overload which is probably why I have always avoided concerts.

Very cool Pod!

At one time I would feel the colors of music if I meditated to music. I could see them in my mind's eye. They looked like the northern lights dancing and changing colors.

Reactions: June
OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
My pictures change all the time as things evolve, so perhaps it is not so odd that your colors have changed? Or maybe it is my pics which are unusual?
I do not think your experience is synaesthesia. I think it is a different psychic perception altogether.

My 3's have been pink for over 60 years !. That is synaesthesia. The fact that they have now changed I think has to do with evolving energies.

• Intriguing Post
Reactions: Lila
OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Very cool Pod!

At one time I would feel the colors of music if I meditated to music. I could see them in my mind's eye. They looked like the northern lights dancing and changing colors.
Yes, I understand how you can go into that. If I am somewhere with music playing in the background, I can consciously shut out the colours.

One time during a meditation, I entered a space where sound and colour were interchangeable.

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
That's fascinating Pod! I've heard of this before all frequencies that we hear and see have a corresponding color/sound. Maybe moods too. "I got the blues for you" I saw once somebody was painting songs according to what he/she saw when listening to it.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Pod

One65

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jul 31, 2018
Canada
I have read about people who see numbers or sacred geometry interchangeably with colors or music notes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)