Hyperinflation (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
There are a lot of commentators starting to say look at supply chains, look at food distribution, look at how we expect as a standard and on an even keel to obtain the necessities of life. This is being pointed out more and more now, and if you visit the supermarket, as I did yesterday, taking a list of what everything cost 2 weeks ago, and mark down the new prices for the exact same items, you will see the truth that prices are currently inflating.

Imagine my horror when I saw this (part of an advertisement by Splunk) on another online forum:

1626585824370.png

We are being told, in plain sight, what to expect, but perhaps the majority are not getting it.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
interesting article on this subject. The graphic representation of the price of a can of Campbell's tomato soup shows the picture over time. I hear you about the prices - they are eye-watering.

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 3.00.26 PM.png

OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I know you might think it's weird that I take a costed list with me, but I enter the prices onto an Excel spreadsheet so I can identify what I can afford to get next time around. I do write over the old, so anything more than 2 weeks old is probably gone, but sometimes I save the spreadsheet off and start a new one - so I have those old historical ones. I started doing this when I was on social security, because it was tough to make ends meet (for 6 years). Now I am only earning a shade over that, as I am only working part-time. So much the same thing.

GregH3000

Involved Wayfarer
Nov 10, 2016
Texas, USA
tumblr.gregdiablo.com
I just spent $235 at a restaurant supply place yesterday for bulk goods, and will probably just do a special case order for the other smaller packaging items at a grocery store (I don't buy those institutional size cans; too much stuff goes stale). Mostly basics; flour, legumes, rice, and pasta; I already have the freeze dried meat and veggies socked away (pretty pricey considering calories per dollar, but I'd hate to have to go without meat at least a few times a week).

Might as well spend your dollars ASAP on essentials before they shrink to nothing, or even worse, if the products you desire aren't available due to others' hoarding. The normies will be catching on soon, and will probably be wiping out the supermarket shelves like locusts by late August-September.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Snowmelt

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Might as well spend your dollars ASAP on essentials before they shrink to nothing,
We began stocking up on essentials over a year ago, and some people made fun of us. At the very least, it has been an inflation hedge. No one laughs now.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Snowmelt
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I just spent $235 at a restaurant supply place yesterday for bulk goods, and will probably just do a special case order for the other smaller packaging items at a grocery store (I don't buy those institutional size cans; too much stuff goes stale). Mostly basics; flour, legumes, rice, and pasta; I already have the freeze dried meat and veggies socked away (pretty pricey considering calories per dollar, but I'd hate to have to go without meat at least a few times a week).

Might as well spend your dollars ASAP on essentials before they shrink to nothing, or even worse, if the products you desire aren't available due to others' hoarding. The normies will be catching on soon, and will probably be wiping out the supermarket shelves like locusts by late August-September.
It's the locust shoppers I fear. (We saw that with toilet paper, last year).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)