How The Education System Limits Your Consciousness (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
By Joe Martino via CE (posted with permission)

Consciousness.jpg
  • The Facts: Higher Education has come under fire lately as being expensive, and students wonder whether or not it's worth it, from a financial perspective, to get a degree.
  • Reflect On: Does the system of education truly educate us? We have to question, why are we accepting a society that doesn't allow humanity to TRULY thrive? We made it this way, we can change it.
The debate around whether or not a college degree is worth it has become ever intensified over the last few months as people begin to beg answers to the question: when will students pay off their debt? How long does it take?

Further to that question, I believe “how many students end up in a job or career they actually enjoy?”

But economics seems to be the big question here, and that’s fair given our world always seems to push us to consider those numbers as the height of importance in society as opposed to creating a society filled with passionately acting individuals who do what they love.

It’s all too often we hear that thinking we could all do what we love is ‘a pipedream’ or ‘not thinking like an adult.’ In these responses, if we pay close attention, we are actually saying we’ve come to accept that the way the world is should simply be accepted. Sure, in some cases these days we are working towards making a difference in areas of society like equality and poverty, but are we truly changing our system radically enough to make it so humanity can thrive? Or are we accepting enslavement?

In a recent podcast about my philosophy on how shifting consciousness and understanding conspiracies theories are intimately connected, I explored the system of education and how that functions. The education system seems to be a learning tool for us to accept the world the way it is. While we think we are educating ourselves, and we are in some ways with specific skills, there is something more to the story we aren’t exploring. We essentially are taking an ever expansive consciousness, with full capability, and molding it into a tiny tight system of living and being that doesn’t even support our ability to truly BE.

I truly believe we need to begin dreaming bigger and imagining bigger about what we are capable of changing in our society. We have to question, why are we accepting a society that doesn’t allow humanity to TRULY thrive? We made it this way, we can change it. What if we could learn about the technologies we truly had and were capable of without having to hold them back because of commerce? What if we learned medicine without the influence of pharmaceutical money and drugs? What if we learned about how we could act as a global community creating abundance for all instead of learning how we’re all separate and we need an economy to operate? Are any of these things real? Or just a story? Why are we being told these things as if they are facts?

• Love this post!
Reactions: Tristan and Golmona

Golmona

Retired Moderator
Aug 2, 2016
Amsterdam
The author raises some very good questions, specifically towards the end. Part of this trap is also parents thinking they themselves nor their kids have the ability to learn the important things in life without the need of the conventional education system. Thinking without the education their kids will have a disadvantage over their peers and won’t be able to function in society. All these belief systems are fear based and very limiting.

However I do think it’s important to also consider all the benefits of education and literacy. Althought it’s time to explore other avenues, ones that truly allow human beings to thrive, we cannot deny the benefits we have gained through education so far. I just think it’s reached its limits and started to work against us in some ways. As he points out in the video we are being imprisoned by it at this point.

It’s time to move onward and upward.

Reactions: Laron

Campbell

Just Arrived
Oct 22, 2018
Perth, Scotland
This video soooo resonates with me ( I am a solo dad to a teenage son)

In short - my view is, the whole planet is in debt yet I very rarely hear anyone asking the 'cutting question' - to whom is the debt owed ?

The debt system is a form of slavery and control, our youngsters seeking higher education are many times forced into entering into debt before they even have their first job.

What needs to be taught is that all money is just promissory notes , a fancy IOU system that in real terms is just - debt.

Reactions: Alain and Laron

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
The author raises some very good questions, specifically towards the end. Part of this trap is also parents thinking they themselves nor their kids have the ability to learn the important things in life without the need of the conventional education system. Thinking without the education their kids will have a disadvantage over their peers and won’t be able to function in society. All these belief systems are fear based and very limiting.

However I do think it’s important to also consider all the benefits of education and literacy. Althought it’s time to explore other avenues, ones that truly allow human beings to thrive, we cannot deny the benefits we have gained through education so far. I just think it’s reached its limits and started to work against us in some ways. As he points out in the video we are being imprisoned by it at this point.

It’s time to move onward and upward.
school education i learned 20% of what i know at school, 60% here and 20% at work, well has surely also to do that in my country they lost focus on right, in short i had to find my place in society by myself

Reactions: Laron
OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
The Steiner High School I went to helped me to open up a bit more creatively.

Reactions: Alain

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
There are many problems with the US education system today.

1. A significant chucnk of kids are not taught practical things even in high school. When I was in high school it was required to take a civics class, learn about how government works, and learn how to balance a checkbook. We could not graduate without passing that class. We also learned how a mortgage and car loan works, and a bit about stocks and mutual funds.
  2. In my middle school, all boys and girls were required to take a course on cooking and sewing, and a course in wood shop. No exceptions. And some of the girls were pretty good in woodshop! And many of the girls were not that great at cooking. People really need to learn how to cook, repair clothing, wash clothing, etc. This used to be the parent's job to teach them that but parents seem to be slacking off.
  3. The old parenting paradigm: Challenge your kids and teach them useful things. New parenting paradigm: Don't do anything that makes your kid cry. It's plain to see the parents are no longer in charge of their kids and the kids run the show in many households.
  4. Many employers use a college degree to determine if someone is fit for a particular job, especially office jobs. A college degree is certainly challenging and if someone gets through that it shows they have at least decent executive brain functions, that is, they can think like an adult. It really doesn't show if the person is great for that job. Employers also use attitude when they interview a person. An employer can teach someone new skills but cannot change their attitude, so attitude is a big deal.
  5. Some kids get degrees that are "fun" instead of useful. That is their choice. Whenever people talk about college not one I've seen has mentioned the individual's choice and their responsibility in the matter.
  6. Some kids choose to go to what I call "luxury colleges" which have really nice grounds, dorms, computer labs, etc. These cost the student extra. And that's their choice.
  7. Some kids are not taught to be persistent or manage their money either. While the kids didn't choose this it is their choice to stay ignorant. I didn't get taught everything in college, I had to learn some of it along the way.
  8. Yes college cost is a greater percent of the average household income compared to 30 years ago, that's true. That just means people have to meet these challenges with better planning, better saving during high school, and better financing options. Many kids have no idea how to meet these challenges because of the way they were parented.
  9. Society has changed from making the individual responsible for their actions, to making society responsible for an individual's actions. This has had a bad effect on society. Passing the blame only brings down society. There are now more irresponsible entitled people now than ever before. Studies show that narcissism along with depression and anxiety (often co-morbid with narcissism) is at an all-time high since records were kept.

Reactions: Laron and Alain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)