How I am co-creating in the raised frequencies (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
As some of you know, I recently started a volunteer role with an aged nursing home. This started only 3 weeks ago. I now have a core of 5-10 ladies who are knitting for our project, and we are well on the way to making something of it. I had the idea the day before I started, just came to me, and I created the design in one night. Everything about it, including the number of stitches, size of squares, colours, materials - everything just came to me without much thought, just fell into place. And one of my lady knitters said to me yesterday: "Well, you're going to be busy sewing this up, because you've got your elves hard at work!"

We now have about 40-50 squares knitted (120 to go!). The hatching represents which way the grain will run when stitched together. The purpley ones are a wool called "Purple Popper" which is variegated - that will be the main colour to be seen in the blanket, with lavender ribbed squares and grey ridged squares interspersed.

The blanket, once finished, will be donated to the home and I hope they can find a way of displaying it so that the ladies who contributed can see it as they pass on their way to the dining room, or whatever.

IMG_0069.JPG IMG_0068.JPG

OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
A side note on this project: having manifested into physical, I see the process (one of ease) as part of my spiritual graduation. Of course, that is something I keep on the inside of my heart. It is already fulfilling a needed goal of keeping hands and minds busy, and making some people (if not all, sadly) feel useful and having something to look forward to - the creation of any kind of art is filled with wonder and a journey takes place.

The knowledge that it is also spiritual is something for me, because I have had the journey in the last 3 years of losing my paid employment, and digging up an old skill I learned as a child to come to the fore and make a new life with. I still continue with sewing for the op shop, but I find this particular project to be bringing comfort right in the here and now.

I did wonder why I spent the better part of the last 18 months knitting 2 blankets at home! I finessed all my skills of picking up dropped stitches, creating patterns, not being afraid of the size of a project, etc.

As yet, it hasn't brought an income back into my life - but I somehow think this is the lesson of the times, that contributing to community without fear of losing an income is the way of the future for many of us. So many things are needed to be done in the community, but people don't have time as they're too busy making money! I sometimes still experience a tickle of fear about lack, but so far on this journey, I have had all my needs met. I have managed to go 3 years without a cent of income except for a very basic government subsistence. The spiritual part of this experience is for me to remember that doors open and that things come easily - even when it seems the writing is on the wall. I just need to trust how easily things can come .... and they have!

It really does remind me that the field of potential is so vast, that an average human mind can't grasp it - so don't! Just being open and willing to let the potential of any situation arise (and to do so with heart and intention of course) makes that very potential burst into bud.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I can crochet but have not learned to knit. I have respect for all who do because I feel that intentions go within each stitch. So, I see your project as uniting love to honor others. I have a couple of knitted throws that people have made for me over the years, and nothing is better than curling up under one. You are doing great things.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Not just a blanket.
A community project that brought souls of all sorts together. Beautiful art. Synchronicity manifested. A spiritual graduation present. Warm thoughts made into warm blankets. Love in every stitch. The castoffs casting off to new horizons. Divine thoughts brought into wool while clicking needles together. Old skills organized into new pathways...
So many levels of love-ly!:D

OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Not just a blanket.
A community project that brought souls of all sorts together. Beautiful art. Synchronicity manifested. A spiritual graduation present. Warm thoughts made into warm blankets. Love in every stitch. The castoffs casting off to new horizons. Divine thoughts brought into wool while clicking needles together. Old skills organized into new pathways...
So many levels of love-ly!:D
Very poetic, Lila!

Reactions: Stargazer and Lila
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
One of the older ladies told me the colour scheme wasn't bright enough for her. I left it at that, I will wait until she sees the finished product - maybe she will intuitively catch on to the high vibe of the lilacs and purples! They thread through the patches of dark like a lavender river about to break its banks.

OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Here are some of the blankets (suitable for knee blankets for people in wheelchairs, or an extra throw for the bed for the winter time) which I and the aged residents at the nursing home completed, before I was asked to leave, as a redundancy, in May 2018. I found that due to advanced age (which can bring arthritis, carpal tunnel, sore shoulders and necks, and impaired vision) many of the aged residents dropped out of the knitting programme, however one that persisted made all of these with me. She could only knit the most basic stitch as she was practically blind, and I spent many hours re-knitting or picking up stitches. Anyhow, the productivity was quite amazing. I sewed all the squares together and did the finishing touches. This same lady completed 2 pairs of sock-slippers, and about 7 scarves on her own. My other knitters completed scarves which they gave to their respective family members.

IMG_0122.JPG
IMG_0121.JPG
IMG_0120.JPG
IMG_0123.JPG

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Very nice - as I looked at them, I felt that they bring an added element of comfort.

Reactions: Carl, Lila and June

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Beautiful!
And yes, the productivity is right there in the pictures:cool:

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
This is beautiful. And an amazing example of cocreating. I knit as well and I Love it. I actually made a small afghan for a family friend this past Christmas.
The design you came up with is simply elegant. Do you have a picture of it finished?

Many years ago, I had gotten various colors of fabric to make a "shadow box" design with a swirl of colors in it. I made about 15 of the blocks and realized just how much I hate hand stitching. Haha. So i stopped. (Sewing in general is so tedious to me, and it is my mother's source of income.)

Reactions: Snowmelt and Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)