How do image uploads currently work on the Roundtable? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I just resolved an issue where images would display across the screen on mobile devices, outside of the width of the current post. Now images, for both desktop and mobile, which have been uploaded and inserted into a post (embedded), will will have a maximum width of 90% of the post. This will be for both desktop and mobile devices.

I have set a maximum resolution (pixel size) of 1,500 width or height for images that are uploaded. But, if your image is larger than this, it will still upload, but will be resized automatically to 1,500 width or height, in proportion to the original image. This resize makes the file size smaller, but also which I think is important, when you click or touch the image to make it bigger, it's not too large on your screens. This is not perfect as with mobile devices, you have to resize with your fingers as it immediately shows the maximum size.

I just ran some tests and can confirm it is working as explained above.

Note that the maximum file size is 2MB's. So if your image is larger, it won't upload. Even though images are resized if the resolution in pixels is outside of the range I specified, from my tests images above 2MB's just won't be accepted anyway.

This is the box you will see if the size is too big.

size.png

Reactions: Vickie and Linda

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
Image uploads are working perfectly both on my iPhone as well as my laptop.

Brian

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 28, 2016
California
Thanks for saying, as all I ever hear is about things that don't work! :D
Thanks Laron. The forum is great and the members are too! Lol. Everything is in tip top shape and I 'currently' know of nothing that "[doesn't] work."

Reactions: Laron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)