• Welcome Guest
    Welcome to the Roundtable Forum, the community boards for www.transients.info. If you have an account already, please log in, otherwise feel free to sign up. Note that you will be unable to post new threads, reply to existing threads, or have access to some boards and information unless you are logged in after signing up with a forum account. By being registered you can also post comments on front page articles using your forum Account.

Honey: Is it from Bees or is it from a Factory?

Laron

Healing Facilitator & Consciousness Guide
Staff member
Administrator
Board Moderator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
A helpful infographic:

42683417_10160832123035057_2021824943712370688_n.jpg
When I went to the USA, I got some sugar from a dollar store and didn't think of reading the ingredients.

I got home and had some. It was very sweet.

A few weeks on, I decided to read the label and found there was sugar added. I was shocked. I'd never had honey that had anything added to it. So from my experience of living in Australia and New Zealand, I'd never ran into anything other than pure honey in stores. Obviously they added ingredients in the USA to save money, a bit like watering a bottle of spirits down and selling it.

I've never tested honey at home, but this inforgraphic above really makes you think and consider doing so next time!

Anaeika

Boundless Creation
Staff member
Board Moderator
America sells both fake honey and the real thing. If you buy from the dollar shop, you are getting a fake. It is important to always read labels.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
If you buy from the dollar shop, you are getting a fake.
No truer words.

There are people around here who have mobile hives and will bring them to orchards in the spring so the bees can pollinate the fruit trees. Once accomplished, the handler removes the hives and shares some of the honey. It is a pretty good system.

Anaeika

Boundless Creation
Staff member
Board Moderator
here who have mobile hives and will bring them to orchards in the spring so the bees can pollinate the fruit trees. Once accomplished, the handler removes the
I’ve always thought it would be neat to be a bee keeper.

Hailstones Melt

Realized Sentience
Staff member
Board Moderator
You can't fake melaleuca, right?

Anaeika

Boundless Creation
Staff member
Board Moderator
Melaleuca can be faked, adulterated, & diluted, or harvested during inopportune times meaning the therapuetic components are missing or in a different ratio, or grown in poor soil. Quality makes a big difference.
Lavender is probably the most commonly faked. If it gives you a headache or makes you feel queasy, it is fake.

Gunther

Aware Presence
We have our own bee hives. Three of the above statements about natural honey are not correct.

• Natural honey does dissolve in water. I often mix a tee spoon of honey with cold water, to make a refreshing, healthy drink.
  • If natural honey is extracted from the cones using a centrifuge, it will have foam, as tiny bubbles rise to the surface over a number of days.
  • If natural honey is harvested too soon, namely before at least 75% of the cells in the cones have been capped, the honey will also be very runny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)