Help! I Suffer from PDHE-Public Display of Holiday Enthusiasm - Enjoying the Small Things (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.
http://kellehampton.com/2017/09/help-i-suffer-from-pdhe-public-display-of-holiday-enthusiasm.html

9/8/17

Dear Ms Hampton, whomever else this may concerns, everyone both on/ff of here:,

She’s author of Bloom: Finding Beauty in the Unexpected — A Memoir (2012). In which to me its still okay.

Thank you, but at the same time no thank you because to me I’m waybeyondfedup with all of this. I for one still don’t even get all of this. Especially, after being a temporary holiday worker for a couple of years. In which I really never like and even before that. I much matter prefer to celebrate like the Europeans. Instead of what it has become here and mostly likely even couple/few more developed countries as well. Of course don’t get wrong I for one day would love to exactly go there and really experience/celebrate it properly for myself as well.

Heres even more to it. Even its kinda dated (2005), but still is even more relevant to us after a dozen years. At the same time the book itself has been updated (`10/`11/`12) when they remade everything from the original recipes themselves.

European Christmas PBS TV Pledge Special | Rick Steves’ Europe

Think thats it for now.

Thank you, again, in advance.

Yours truly,

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
The heavily commercial aspects of the Holidays and the routine September (or even late August) rollout of the retail holiday decor do annoy me, but I understand how Ms. Hampton feels. I, too, appreciate the time leading up to the Holidays because it allows me to stretch them out a bit and enjoy them all the more. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)