Heads up - eyes and ears open (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
We are being called to help at every turn - even in the dentist's office and at the grocery store. People are asking for help directly and indirectly. When we are present and connecting with people individually, we can see their needs and help as best we can.

I had dental cleaning today, and at the end the hygienist, who had to sub in at the last minute, asked me a question. Yesterday, some jackass wrote a message in the boys' restroom at a nearby high school. The author said he would shoot up the school on Wednesday (tomorrow). The police and school officials investigated and did not find a credible threat, but will be on alert nonetheless.

Her question was what to tell her son because he thinks his only options are to stay home or get shot. I explained with all that is on TV plus video games, kids might conclude these were their options. However, I believe that he can make a choice to not participate in that game. He is a powerful being and can choose to keep his power and not give it away. At the same time, it does not mean to be stupid. Keep his head up and eyes and ears open - be aware. I also said that he has an opportunity to help others see that they have a choice of whether or not to participate in this drama. She seemed relieved and thought he would like the idea of having a choice of where he puts his energy.

At the grocery store the checker said she was glad her shift was almost over because she felt totally out of it. I looked at her eyes and they appeared almost like a cartoon character - vibrating from side to side. I was concerned for her driving home and told her she needed pull those pieces together, as I demonstrated by hugging myself. She nodded but was still absent. So I did it again, but this time for her.

I share these examples from my life to illustrate how we are here to help in what may seem to be small ways, but which I believe have much farther reaching effects in the lives of others. Let's get out there and share some energetic hugs. There are a lot of people in desperate need right now.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Linda, I love your real-life examples!
In the one above, I particularly like the thought of another way to be, that may be non-obviouso:)

Perhaps this is another one?
Last night I went to see a movie and someone started shouting loudly, just as the show began, that he had saved that seat, get out! It escalated from there, involving additional people.
As I sat there doing what felt right, which was holding a calm space and looking for an opportunity that might present itself to say something calming (it didn't; others did call for security), the thought flashed through my mind that this was staged to cause disruption.
The show did continue and somehow folks settled, so I guess something went right, though I previously would have felt like I should 'do something' and 'just' holding space would not have seemed adequate:-D

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
The show did continue and somehow folks settled, so I guess something went right, though I previously would have felt like I should 'do something' and 'just' holding space would not have seemed adequate:-D
Bravo, Lila! I have no doubt that your space-holding helped. I've done something similar countless times since I've started making it a practice a few years ago...and I'm absolutely certain that such positive, calming thoughts have a physical affect on our environment.

I've seen people on the verge of physically fighting suddenly "defuse" just moments after I "sent" some positive energy their way. Before the thought went out, I'd have bet money they were going to fight.

Like "Kryon" has said many times, "the Dark" flees from "the Light". When we're consciously awake and aware, our very presence makes the difference.

:)

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Thanks, Linda and Stargazer <3<3

What I try to teach the kids (and any adults who are ready to listen) for this, is that if they can take a step back mentally (+/- a deep breath) and find a question to ask the audience (whomever is involved; with kids we'll often talk about a kid being bullied, so the 'audience' would be any bystanders). I find the results wonderful if one asks kids what might that question be? Such amazing conversations can get started. The adults often just sit back and listen with their mouths wide open, saying 'Wow!'

There was a beautiful study (Berkeley Dept of Psychology, I believe) I recall reading about that showed that the 'us/them' reaction dissipates significantly when a question such as 'What do you think their favourite flavour of ice cream is?' is asked. How simple is that? It's essentially the same concept, I believe, of holding space, but tailored to a 'must do something' generation/crowd/society.

... and there I am again, going on about one of my favourite topics... how to bring these concepts 'down to earth' to folk I love!:ROFL::bag
... something which I find that you both do sooooo well:cool::D:)

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
Linda, I believe your heart is the size of the state of Texas. I could only wish to do the wonderful deeds you do each and every day.

Your grocery store story reminds me of yesterday. I was checking out of the grocery store and I was tired. I asked the girl checking me out how she was today and she said fine (the auto reply I always hear) and she in turn asked me how I was. I said that to be honest I was very tired. She looked at me with surprised eyes (likely because I didn't give the auto reply LOL) and her eyes teared up as she told me that she wasn't really okay either because her father in law just died and she just got back in town from the funeral. I just listened quietly as she told me all about it. I thought she felt better just letting it out and having someone listen. Then tears started rolling as she told me that her cat also ran away and she felt terrible that she felt just as sad about her cat as she did her father in law. She said she felt like she couldn't mourn her cat because people thought she was cruel. I told her that her cat is just as important as anyone else in her life. Our pets are like our children and certainly an important part of our family. She cried harder then and I was so glad to have been there to listen.

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I was so glad to have been there to listen.
Clearly, you've kept your Texas size heart. Thanks for sharing your story of lending an ear. I know your kindness made a huge difference to that young lady.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Wow, so many ways to help make the world a better place... just by being there!
Love these stories.
Thanks for starting the thread, Linda <3

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
We are being called to help at every turn - even in the dentist's office and at the grocery store. People are asking for help directly and indirectly. When we are present and connecting with people individually, we can see their needs and help as best we can.

I had dental cleaning today, and at the end the hygienist, who had to sub in at the last minute, asked me a question. Yesterday, some jackass wrote a message in the boys' restroom at a nearby high school. The author said he would shoot up the school on Wednesday (tomorrow). The police and school officials investigated and did not find a credible threat, but will be on alert nonetheless.

Her question was what to tell her son because he thinks his only options are to stay home or get shot. I explained with all that is on TV plus video games, kids might conclude these were their options. However, I believe that he can make a choice to not participate in that game. He is a powerful being and can choose to keep his power and not give it away. At the same time, it does not mean to be stupid. Keep his head up and eyes and ears open - be aware. I also said that he has an opportunity to help others see that they have a choice of whether or not to participate in this drama. She seemed relieved and thought he would like the idea of having a choice of where he puts his energy.

At the grocery store the checker said she was glad her shift was almost over because she felt totally out of it. I looked at her eyes and they appeared almost like a cartoon character - vibrating from side to side. I was concerned for her driving home and told her she needed pull those pieces together, as I demonstrated by hugging myself. She nodded but was still absent. So I did it again, but this time for her.

I share these examples from my life to illustrate how we are here to help in what may seem to be small ways, but which I believe have much farther reaching effects in the lives of others. Let's get out there and share some energetic hugs. There are a lot of people in desperate need right now.
This is a great and and timely posting Linda. I feel my energies of silent soul laughter help people too, especially in the supermarket queue. Letting people know you care about them is vital.

Thanks for reminding me Lovely Lady.<3<3<3

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
Loving all these stories, especially seeing all the hard times happening right now. As if you all have been helping people get it together before all this craziness. May the ripples of our deeds and intent keep spreading...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)