Have you watched CrazyWise? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
This is a beautiful documentary putting into question the current Western medical model in regards to treating people with a mental illness & how other cultures have recognized & embraced such individuals into their culture. Hearing voices & receiving messages? Well, time to learn from an elder & unleash that shamanistic gift! Imagine, will you, a model that incorporates spiritual healing!

“Crazy…or wise? The traditional wisdom of indigenous cultures often contradicts modern views about a mental health crisis. Is it a ‘calling’ to grow or just a ‘broken brain’? The documentary CRAZYWISE explores what can be learned from people around the world who have turned their psychological crisis into a positive transformative experience. “
https://crazywisefilm.com/

Link to extended trailer:

[(Laron) This thread has been promoted to the front page of transients.info. Any responses here will show within the front page article comments.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Ah, lots has been written on how different cultures treat something as a disease that another culture embraces as a gift!
So glad to see it come to prime time as there is so much compassion and insight to be gained from such awareness...:-D
I'm looking forward to watching it when I have a few minutes.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
All, with some additional text, I just promoted this thread to an article on the front page: https://www.transients.info/2017/11/crazywise-documentary-mental-health-experience/

However, Anaeika added a personal experience that you may all enjoy, which I will include below so you don't have to click in and find the exact text. (the article is a modified version of the original thread/post above — comments showing here will be shown on the article since it's been promoted/linked).

"As a mental health worker, here’s a story below that I want to share.

After graduating with a Degree in Psychology, I worked as a behavioral health case manager with the severely mentally ill (SMI). This was a time before smart phones, so I had a GPS.

That day I took a client—who suffered from psychosis—to court. She was really ill, as in she had command hallucinations telling her to stab people. She actually did this to her own mother because the voices told her too. But that day was a day of celebration, as she was presenting a certificate of completion from a recovery program to the judge.

After the court appointment, we went back to my car & my GPS stopped working. It was the end of the day, and I couldn’t call the clinic as it was closed; I needed to bring my client back to her halfway house.

My client didn’t know the directions to get back either. She told me she received a message to follow the new Chevrolet Camaros.

I figured I had nothing to lose, so I decided why not? These cars were popular at the time, so I had no trouble finding them. I recall following one that u-turned in front of us.

It worked, and she was back to her halfway home.

During the ride she told me how she had two voices; one that told her to do evil things and one that told her to do good things—which often confused her.

That experience was one that stuck with me and left me in awe."​

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I am really glad this got promoted with this lovely story. It is an near and dear issue as I envision a world in which we are compassionate to each other, especially those we see as 'broken'.

...because, well, sometimes, if we are willing to go along for the ride and simply listen, such experiences can surprise us with what we learn about ourselves and our world.

Reactions: Anaeika and Laron

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Yes, we think we are a civilised society when we dope up young people who hear spirit voices with poisonous chemicals.

At the tender age of 17, my mother decided to put me on Valium. The real issue was the abuse and the pain of my life at home and the fact that I was beginning to rebel. The doctor was complicit in that he did as he was told and provided the prescriptions.

Great article Anaeika......you have such a compassionate heart and mind, now I know why! Bless you for your wonderful work and understanding.

Last edited:

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
It is strange, but out of pure intuition I would never ever in my life have consulted (and never will) a psychologist, despite 'issues' I always had, especially as a child. I was my own healer, sometimes time was my healer. Or both. Being an introvert and 'alien' to this society from the start I was a permanent bully victim at school which made my childhood hell. Again, never consulted a doc for this. It's a miracle I survived and came out stronger.

Then I discovered metaphysics at around 2008/9 and I had a better understanding of my 'self' and what I experienced and maybe why, things I already had grasped only intuitively before.

In modern psychology I miss the metaphysical aspect like we would find it in Carl Jung's psychoanalysis work or in the 'Transpersonal Psychology' which has promising approaches. Both are more or less dismissed in today's academia, well, which is not surprising given the sore state they are in.

My distrust in current psychology and especially in their science based on pharma prescriptions never changed til this very day. And all this despite the fact that even by now I did some studies in psychology during my naturopath and healer training, especially in psychopathology. I even changed my direction away from bodily issues to be a more mind/spirit/energy healer, this includes 'psychology' of course. Knowledge of it (even knowing about mainstream teachings and methodology) can be useful at least.

And yes, I know that there are of course a few helpful therapies that are 'mainstream', such as talk therapy etc. With Autogenic Training (which I am preparing for right now) I will even do one myself - although it's a kind of a 'Trojan Horse' for me. I view it as a kind of guided meditation and body-scanning energy work mix, with some autohypnosis aspects. It is disguised under 'evidence-based' psychology. This is good. There are many many positive studies about AT. So this is also helpful to reach the 'non-woowoo' more mainstream people, which is good, because I then can treat and help some of them, too. Neverheless, it is just another meditation form if you ask me.

If you are not familiar with AT or TP, although I don't like Wiki for obvious reasons, here we go for some definitions:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transpersonal_psychology
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autogenic_training

OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Pod , thank you for sharing that about yourself. The medical model focuses on problem and profitable medication. There’s so much more to an individual than this.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
In modern psychology I miss the metaphysical aspect like we would find it in Carl Jung's psychoanalysis work or in the 'Transpersonal Psychology' which has promising approaches.
Yes, Jung had some interesting ideas:D

OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Jung is my favorite! In Houston, there’s a Jung museum w travaling exhibits and classes. One time they exhibited an artist’s paintings of his dreams. At the time, his dreams didn’t make sense, but the collection told of a story similar to a fable. The meaning behind gis dreams were eventually revealed.

Sinera , your post is an inspiration to me to explore my healing potential. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)