Hateful & Loving Words Make a Difference (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
As part of anti-bullying day on May 4th, Ikea organized an event where they put two plants side by side, each contained within protective glass. A sign indicated that plants have the same senses as us humans do.

They instructed people to harass and say hateful things to one plant, and treat the other plant with loving, gentle and kind words.

what-happens-when-you-bully-an-ikea-plant-5af02cb66119b__700_8e378dd2.jpg

At the end of a thirty day period the plant that had been treated with negativity wilted, failing to grow at all, while the other one that was treated nicely, with respect and compliments, grew healthy and even prospered.

You can learn more about this experiment in the YouTube video below.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Was just thinking about this idea. We were out on an important errand (dog food) and saw a spiffy sports car with the license plate that said "Nervous". My first thought was good heavens - that is how you are labeling yourself and no one wants to be near a nervous driver.

OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I shared a link to this thread on my Facebook page and had an interesting exchange, with the person unfriending me as a result. In my oppinion, I found that the person had a habit of commenting from a negative angle, and from what I could tell, it wasn't about me so wasn't personal, it was just their nature. However... their behavior was very similar to how the second plant was treated in this experiment — putting it down.

Their comment was "Tormenting plants. This was done 50 years ago. Extra is gratuitous cruelty."

My response was straight to the point: "I guess it didn't take 50 years ago as people are still doing it constantly to each other. If this is what it takes to get peoples attention of how the energetic aspect of intention and language can damage our energy, another reminder is warmly welcomed by me such as what has taken place in this experiment. "

Their response to that: "Why not refer them to the 1971 best seller that documents the earlier scientific research?"

And mine (after I noticed the unfriending): "People learn in different ways. Sometimes direct experience is required for people to take notice and get the point. I refer people to books just about daily, yet I know that they need to have the actual direct experience for it to be really meaningful and make a true difference — at least it gets them heading in a direction where they may make some life changes and have real experiences."

People eat plants/vegetables. There are much worse things going on in the world, like bullying — the whole purpose and point of this experiment!

Facebook, uhhhgggg..........

Reactions: Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)