Hansel and Gretel (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I wrote this for a Question and Answer format forum that I am on. The question was a bit vague, but I took it to mean current events in our world (this year, 2020).

Question: How did these events impact your life?

Answer:

By “these events” I’m sure you mean the mass madness and mayhem that has overtaken us this year?

I’d firstly like to use the Hansel and Gretel story as an allegory. If you recall, they were taken into dense woods and left to fend for themselves - twice - the first time they made it home by following a trail of white pebbles dropped by the ingenious Hansel. It was their own mother responsible for this, because there was famine in the land, and she preferred to eat the food rather than sustain her children. So then they were forcibly taken into the woods again, and all they had were breadcrumbs with which to lay the trail. Only, when night came, they couldn’t find their way, because birds had pecked off all the breadcrumbs. Very hungry, they eventually find a cottage made of gingerbread, cakes and candy, which they start eating from. This has been a lure, and a nasty cannibalistic witch catches them. Cooking and eating children is her thing.

Interestingly, the next phase of their journey is that Hansel is caged in an iron cage, and Gretel is forced into slavery. Hansel is quite clever and manages to stave off the witch’s advances (she is busily fattening him up for the slaughter) by showing her a small chicken bone instead of his finger through the cage bars. She is fairly blind (as well as evil) and doesn’t catch on. Then, losing her patience, she says: Be he fat, or be he lean, I will cook and eat him! Being greedy, she tries to get Gretel to put her head in the oven to check its readiness, but Gretel senses the evil intention, and manages to turn the tables on the old witch, roasting her alive.

When they make it home to their cottage, with jewels found in the witch’s stash, only their old father is alive. Even though he caved in to his ruthless and uncaring wife over the children’s welfare at the start, both children forgive him and they get on with life, having no financial concerns, and they live happily ever after.

Humanity today is like those vulnerable children. They couldn’t stay safe in their home because circumstances changed, and in a way, they were abandoned. They only had the older generation to rely on, and one of those, their own mother, was a proven liar and hard of heart, basically serving her own needs. (Later versions of the story try to exchange a stepmother for their real mother, but I think the original is more truthful - there is no golden rule where your parents turn out to be angels). The children are intelligent and figure out solutions, but they have to rely on their skill and courage. Also, as you can see, they are children - not fully matured yet, similar to the human race. If anything we are just exiting our teen years in terms of galactic maturity.

Abandonment and fear for survival are not easy aspects to overcome in the psyche. Also the reader of the story is introduced to the gruesome prospect of human cannibalism. We have to consider that some people act like witches (or warlocks) in the sense that they “spell” and dominate through deception. They also created plans in back rooms, long ago, and you are seeing the playbook rolled out, step by perfected step.

There has been a virus which has killed vulnerable people. Locking down healthy people in their homes while an evil plan is cooked up to forcibly vaccinate “everyone on the planet” or let them starve is foisting domination and control on a huge populace which has many variables. Feeling lost in the deep woods and not in control of their destiny, the children take the first opportunity they find - which turns out to be a sugar-coated lure to fulfill the agenda of the evil one.

The fairy story tells us a story which is how it really is!

I am not saying Earth is a slave planet, but there are many levels of slavery to consider. Working for a paltry wage to be able to feed yourself and your family, and to have access to clean air and water, and to have a suitable roof over your head, and to pay for energy which has been proven to be freely available in another form is a kind of slavery because all those things are provided by the planet freely. With intelligence combined with cooperation (which means cooperating in getting rid of war in any form), all of these goals above should be possible to provide for each and every human alive, even in the numbers we have on the planet today.

Planet Earth is a very resourceful place, but we are not living mindfully on it. There are evil people in the world who would rejoice to see our current 7.5 billion reduced to a mere 500 million. That is a stated case, and things are being brought into play to help them achieve that twisted goal. That is the greedy, hidden, deception of those who would dearly love to see ALL resources fall their way. People give away their power, and then feel powerless in the face of such evil.

But we are youthful in our humanity, and we are smart. And teamwork very often proves the old bogeys wrong.

- END -

Hansel and Gretel.jpg

I want to make note of the fact that the Brothers Grimm collected most of their stories in Germany/close-by in the 1800s - the stories already existed as folk tales. They probably had been handed down by word of mouth for generations, maybe hundreds of years. The Brothers Grimm (Jacob Ludwig Carl Grimm and Wilhelm Carl Grimm) published their classic collection, Children's and Household Tales, in two volumes—the first in 1812 and the second in 1815. They were academics, and I don't think they made their stories up. They listened carefully to folk tales and reported them faithfully, as a kind of social anthropology.

When you consider the main teaching tenets of Hansel and Gretel as a story (or the subtext) you realize how much of what is being revealed in our times was already embedded in the collective unconscious of humanity, even hundreds of years ago.

What do you think, and do you have a fairy tale that reminds you of goings-on now?

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
This is a take on an old story that I'd never thought of!
It's the beauty of archetypes and well written stories that they fit a wide variety of scenarios and even when you stretch the story out into the children playing the part of humanity, it works so well.
I'm fascinated.

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
i forgot the core of the storry a nice reminder

a lot to think about

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
We have to consider that some people act like witches (or warlocks) in the sense that they “spell” and dominate through deception. They also created plans in back rooms, long ago, and you are seeing the playbook rolled out, step by perfected step.

There has been a virus which has killed vulnerable people. Locking down healthy people in their homes while an evil plan is cooked up to forcibly vaccinate “everyone on the planet” or let them starve is foisting domination and control on a huge populace which has many variables. Feeling lost in the deep woods and not in control of their destiny, the children take the first opportunity they find - which turns out to be a sugar-coated lure to fulfill the agenda of the evil one.
Well, that sums it up in an easy to understand way.

• Cool Post
Reactions: Snowmelt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)