Government Overreach and Push-back Around the Globe (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
While most of the threads on this board are about the USA, equally disturbing events are occurring elsewhere. I've seen the clips of people filling the streets in the UK and France, people being assaulted in Australia, and read of the rules right out of 1984 being imposed in many places. While the impetus of these events has been the virus, the overreach is blatantly clear - these measures began years ago and will remain in place as long as the governing bodies can get away with it.

Two things hit me today. The first was a complaint filed with the FBI by some part of the New Zealand government against Clif High for sharing how to manage peaceful protests. Clif is a US citizen, who is known in some circles for his work in linguistic analysis and recent videos about these times of Woo. Laron's post about it is here. I posed some rhetorical questions - questions that I hoped many people would ask.

Why would the government feel a need to go after one guy, a US citizen, with some followers but nothing huge like the Kardashians?
Why are his ideas such a problem to the government?
Why is there a need to try and squelch and possibly cause legal difficulties for one man?

The second was about the facial recognition process being tested in South Australia. The original tweet left out an important piece of information - that it was part of the monitoring process for people quarantined at home. Even when discovering that big piece of the puzzle, I was dismayed with some of the replies to the story - acquiescence. Again, I had questions.

When is enough enough?
Where is your hill?
What is your legacy for these times?

I live in a place with fewer restrictions than most. Yet, I'm drawn to the larger picture here. What am I called to do? I know it is not protesting. Yet, I support those who do. I'll even make you a banner and pack you a lunch. For me, it is my ability to drill down to facts, put them together in a larger picture, and share with my words. I write here and hope some people find them.

Right now, we are divided in so many ways, with some choosing to wound those around them through abandonment, betrayal, and shame. (Hat-tip to Christiane Northrup). I want to change the ideas and conversation to defending, protecting, and appreciation of ourselves and others. As usual, I find the perfect sentiments in songs. For as wild as the Grateful Dead were, they saw the larger picture. Do you know where your steps may go?

Reach out your hand if your cup be empty,
If your cup is full may it be again,
Let it be known there is a fountain,
That was not made by the hands of men.
There is a road, no simple highway,
Between the dawn and the dark of night,
And if you go no one may follow,
That path is for your steps alone.
Ripple in still water,
When there is no pebble tossed,
Nor wind to blow.
Grateful Dead - Ripple

Reactions: Manuel

Bert

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jan 10, 2019
Belgium
the devision in the world is reaching breaking point. My daughter is going on a school trip of 5 days and aparently the school got questions of parent asking if it wouldn't be better to test the children before they go. Luckily the school didn't want this but it is this minority that they give a forum on MSN.
on the other hand you have the unvaccinated minority (here 10 % of the adults > 18 years old) that get insulted as asocial, people who are unscientific, irrational, stupid, social outcasts that deserve to have their lives made misirable and deserve being discriminated and made to take the vaccine manditory.

and this is done mostly by the left oriented who speak about equality and not discriminating but only if it fits their agenda (follow the group, comply with the main central narrative).

I also don't know how to change this. Resisting is in my opinion the most important. The protest are important but don't know if it helps. they will always find a way to report it in a way that it is to their advantage. I think cliff is right that it is an information war. But the info needs to reach people covertly not at once as it is too much for a lot of people. You see what you believe. If it is unbelievable then you won't see it ;-)

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
But the info needs to reach people covertly not at once as it is too much for a lot of people.
I think this where some of us fit - we continue to be the kind and productive people. If someone feels a need to wound, we can see it comes from their own fear and wounds. If someone wants to ask questions, then we are available. I think this why I'm considering doing my word of the day again - sort of like advertising. It is difficult being in this place - it feels much like holding a position in the middle of nowhere.

Reactions: Bert
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Found this on Dave Hayes' (Praying Medic) telegram channel. He's saying what we've been mulling over here - that we have our specialities and contributions.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebekah and June
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Came across another video that explains what we are trying to do here in these threads. First, we have explanations of what is going on, so we will have a clue. At the same time, we are finding our way through these times - what we can contribute and when and where.

In just a few minutes, this man, Michael Beckwith, beautifully explains how we can walk through these times.

Reactions: azlynn and Manuel

Margie

Involved Wayfarer
Jan 21, 2021
A little impression of demonstration in Amsterdam, the Netherlands today. Police said there were around 230.000, MSM says some 10.000's

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
A little impression of demonstration in Amsterdam, the Netherlands today.
I think we are cheering each other on, and it is turning into a rolling snowball. In the USA, something unusual happened at a few college football games. People erupted into F**k Bidan chants. I'll have to find those clips because if you search YouTube, only positive vids about the resident come up. - lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)