Fruit and veggie wash (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Does anyone have a homemade wash for the fruits and veggies we get at the grocery store?
Thanks

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
Vinegar's supposed to work, but for some it might spoil the taste. Some fruits, like apples, will create their own waxy coating after being picked, so it's good to know whether you're dealing with that or shellac or carnauba wax :confused: You know, I think @Martin knows someone who has a product, not homemade but might give you some ideas.

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Mrs. Meyers has a wash, and those products are Ok. It was a bit pricey though.

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
I just use a little dish soap to wash my fruits and vegtables. It removes all that oil and wax they put on.

Reactions: Linda
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
That sounds like a great idea.

Reactions: Vickie
B

Bailey

Vinegar's supposed to work, but for some it might spoil the taste. Some fruits, like apples, will create their own waxy coating after being picked, so it's good to know whether you're dealing with that or shellac or carnauba wax :confused: You know, I think @Martin knows someone who has a product, not homemade but might give you some ideas.
I use vinegar and water aswell :)

M

Martin

Rather late in responding here, but as Maryann said above I do know of someone/an organisation that has a product on the market for this (that as it happens was apparently inspired/conceived via some extra-terrestrial source ;)).

Likely more for interest than anything else, but this is the commercial website.... http://shop.gtlworld.com/ It can be bought online there. To buy in person is only currently possible through stockists in Singapore.

Here also is a video describing the pesticide removal process.....

& a shorter one here....

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)