Flanders Field (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
While this poem touches on so much more, it also has that strong emphasis on transience.

Flanders Field

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

— Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae (1872 - 1918)

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I think it needed the 100 years buffer between then and now for people to realise that wars are planned projects, the people cannon fodder, the fields - demarcated. The glory - made up. The suffering - more than immense. The suffering exists as a construct, and one that is greedily constructed. WW1, the trenches, and places such as Flanders Field were the continuing gambits of an ugly chess game that has played us over and over again.

I am working with people who are close to, or even are, 100 years old. You cannot peel their eyes to see these truths. You can however wish, that all eyes are peeled fresh with innocence, wonderment, and intent that such will not happen again. That people will move into their High Hearts, and such a place of bloody destruction for oblivious purpose cannot be allowed to exist in the space of the High Heart.

Reactions: Laron and Anaeika

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I am one who always has a quiet moment of reflection at 11:11am on 11th November each year (what was called at the end of WW1 "Armistice".) But I always shun ANZAC Day and other days relegated to the glorification of war. I don't wear paper poppies in my buttonhole. I always remember August 6th. Why August 6th, the young people say. What happened on August 6th?

Nationhood and glorification of war are two main bastions that are being stripped down, dissolved, and flushed away. The loss of nationhood is a corollary with getting rid of glorification of war. Do people realise they will have to give away their addiction to nationhood if they want to free themselves of the burden and destruction of perpetual war?

Reactions: Laron and Anaeika
OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
You cannot peel their eyes to see these truths.
It's a funny thing (not really humorous) how age can have such a heavy influence on being open to new ideas, understandings, concepts and even true spirituality.

One thing that stands out a lot for me as I travel—living this adventurous life—is how some people have certain beliefs and "ways" which will never change, and this can include long term relationships (married or not married, doesn't matter) that stopped serving them a long time ago, creating not just major health issues but blocking consciousness growth.

I look back, say fifteen years, and I was the same with some areas of my life, I just couldn't be open to other possibilities. For some reason, I completely ignored the UFO scene and dodged it at every turn. I had no interest in it at all. I didn't get the chemtrail thing either, I didn't think there was anything to that (yet now I have a solid feeling and picture of what it's all about) and those who did, I thought were... well,... how do i put it, not right in the head! Now I'm not right in the head! :-D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)