Finding treasures (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I'm one of those people who has always picked up rocks - our home is filled with them inside and out. We just seem to find each other, whether in a shop or in the great outdoors. (Bless my husband; he's never said a word as I packed them to travel back and forth across the country.)

At the local rock shop, I've had stones call out to me, as if our hearts beat as one. It is a wonderful experience. If I'm out and about, one of the things I do is say hello to the local "crew" (devas, elementals, etc.), thank them for looking after the area, and ask permission to take my finds back home with me. So far they've said yes.

How about you all? Do you have any special rituals for bringing rocks back home?

• Love this post!
Reactions: Lila

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I bring sand home on my shoes, from the beach. That is rock that has reached an irreversible phase in its life cycle.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I've taken home so many rocks, shells, gnarly + neat pieces of wood, leaves, seed pods, feathers etc that I have now designated my garden path as a place to put them. This is in addition to the many rocks I have in various other places.

One of the most relaxing things for me is to wander a beach, forest or other landscape and check out the various beautiful things that lay there ready to be admired. It is an amazing way to travel and I believe that if I ever had a bit of time and extra space I'd create a little magical place with sparkly rocks, tiny houses made of sticks, feather circles, etc. It's something my children and I do quite naturally and always have. Some of our best days together were spent at a beach creating sand art/holes/structures or damming up a stream the letting it whoosh out or clambering over, under and through logs, stones and other forest structures. It seems that when you find a 'magical' place it calls to you and it's just so easy to spend time there without realizing how much has passed.

In fact, as I live near a school, I've considered making a little 'fairy house', rock circle or something near the place where the kids'll walk. I even gathered materials for it. Time got away from me so far....
I'd love to see what folks added if I started such a whimsical endeavor, especially the little ones.
Having said that, I'm always amazed at the reaction of adults who 'catch themselves' involved in such pursuits. Most are filled with a wonder that I'd never seen on their faces and all kinds of worry lines melt away on faces.
Thanks for reminding me how much I'd wanted to do this. It's especially precious to me at a time when I am as busy as I now am with the 'worries of my days'<3

• Love this post!
  • Magical
Reactions: Alain and Linda

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
Stones I've collected on my walks up north. The roads are a sand gravel mix. When I do my walks I keep an eye out for nice stonesw. Lots of quartz with mica, granite of various colors and a nice green granite. right now I'm starting to collect fist sized rocks of all types to cover the walls behind my wood stove. Here's a small sampler of what I see and find...20181018_142818.jpg
20181101_122306.jpg
Another collection helping out by holding down the solar panels. They got blown over in a storm. I keep adding to the pile, no shortage of rocks here...

• Love this post!
Reactions: Alain and Linda
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Do you all ask the stones if they want to come home with you, or do you just intuitively know it is Ok?

Do the stones indicate where and with "whom" they want to be?

I am partial to the blue ones in northern New Mexico.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Lila

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
This thread has reminded me of a little house down on the point at Bluff, New Zealand (very southern coast) looking out onto the Foveaux Strait Te Ara a Kiwa (the body of water which separates the South Island of NZ and Stewart Island - Rakiura). I saw it on my travels in 1982.

From memory, the house was completely covered in paua shells on the outside as well as the interior (see pics). The paua is unbleached abalone and is black in its natural state. Or they could have been Bluff oyster shells (as that is the food of natural abundance in that place).

It's similar to collecting rocks, but in this case, you get a feed as well. Hopefully, some people respectfully requested if they could eat them.

th.jpg thDEYB6QG0.jpg th189G1CSK.jpg

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Do you all ask the stones if they want to come home with you, or do you just intuitively know it is Ok?
I find myself doing whatever I do with them, so that is intuitively, I guess. Sometimes they'll just fall out of my hand or I'll put down something I'd picked up so I end up moving things around when I arrive, often making little piles or shapes with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)