Feeling Creatively Blocked? Listen To Sir Benedict Cumberbatch (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
laron submitted a new transients.info article.

Feeling Creatively Blocked? Listen To Sir Benedict Cumberbatch

Sol LeWitt, an American Artist who passed away in 2007, once wrote a letter to Eva Hesse, an American sculptor (1936 – 1970), with a focus on motivating her, but also relighting a creative spark.

This letter was later read on stage at a London event called Letters Live by Sir Benedict Cumberbatch, who we know as a popular English actor.

Cumberbatch puts everything into this performance and really goes to show the differences between reading, and watching, in terms of the effectiveness of a live event.

Letters Live is a reoccurring event hosed at London’s iconic Freemasons’ Hall. The last event that took place was in October last month, and featured Gillian Anderson (X-Files), Jude Law, and a range of other well-known...
Click here to continue on to the original article.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Stargazer

Krena

Embracing Mystery, Mostly
Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
IMG_6969.JPG IMG_6972.JPG IMG_6970.JPG IMG_6971.JPG

This is the art of Sol LeWitt, the person who wrote the letter that Cumberbatch is reading.

These are panoramas that I took of Sol LeWitt's art installations at the MOCA, the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art in North Adams in the western part of the state. His art is on two floors. The human in one of the photos is my husband. He had a museum program in his back pocket which created the unexpected illusion that he was inserted in the painting.

Reactions: Stargazer and Laron
OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Thanks for sharing Krena! It's good to see Sol's art as I am not familiar with his work, just with what I researched fro this article.

He had a museum program in his back pocket which created the unexpected illusion that he was inserted in the painting.
It does look like he is part of the image!

Reactions: Stargazer and Krena

Krena

Embracing Mystery, Mostly
Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
I am sorry, but it is hard to see the huge scale of his art, because of the way I shot his work, though a better indicator is that you can see it is taller than my husband. The paintings are 30-40 feet long (an estimate after my husband and I discussed it).

Reactions: Stargazer and Laron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)