Facing the shadowy abyss to emerging light (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.
A

Anne

Hello all,

It's Anne here. Have any of you done any shadow work in depth?
If so, what has been your experience and how has it aided you?

I did this deeply during the dark night of the soul around 2008/09 and faced that shadow side in 2012.
Not fun at the time or during the process but it was well worth it.

i have realized and fully acknowledge that I came with really all I need and the "dark" side is needed just as much as the "light" side.
It has certain elements of my personality that is there to aid me to scale higher planes in my being.

Looking forward to hearing about your journeys and valuable insights.

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
My biggest "test" was about 3 years ago. It felt like all hell broke lose & my entire world fell apart. I didn't even recognize myself anymore! Thankfully, I emerged from that stronger & more sure of myself than ever, with a much deeper understanding & appreciation for all of the "negative" experiences. In the end, I realised that it was in those moments that I learnt the hardest lessons, but also made the most profound discoveries about myself. Not sure I have much to offer in the way of insight but I can relate. xx

Reactions: Stargazer

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I've had a few "dark nights of the soul", but I did not really do something until 2010, when like you all, my world came crashing down. I got back into daily meditation and for months and months "we" cleared issue after issue. One day I was so tired of the process that I asked my guides if we could address the rest of the issues. I heard "Ok, but it will be like this" and was shown a cartoon of Wiley Coyote being hit by a train and getting up and staggering around. (My guides are so humorous.) So, I gladly went back to one or two issues at a time.

One of the surprising things for me was the number of little things that contributed to larger issues, and that I needed to address the little things first. For example - when I was a teenager, my Dad hated my long bangs, and I woke up one morning with him leaning over me with a pair of scissors about to cut them. Sure, it seems kind of funny, but it was not until I looked at this again that I realized that incident was a major contributor to my not feeling safe.

These days, I still clear issues, but not as much. Interestingly, a new response has become second nature to me. When I feel an emotion, I take a breath and look at the source of that feeling. More times than not, the root is something from my childhood. It is an ongoing process, and I expect it will continue on until I leave this world, but it has gotten easier.

OP
A

Anne

Wow. I can how that would affect you with the bangs. The inner child work never stops it seems. As for the train, hmmm, that feeling is never pleasant.
Kudos for continuing the seemingly never ending process Lady. You are helpin us all.

OP
A

Anne

My biggest "test" was about 3 years ago. It felt like all hell broke lose & my entire world fell apart. I didn't even recognize myself anymore! Thankfully, I emerged from that stronger & more sure of myself than ever, with a much deeper understanding & appreciation for all of the "negative" experiences. In the end, I realised that it was in those moments that I learnt the hardest lessons, but also made the most profound discoveries about myself. Not sure I have much to offer in the way of insight but I can relate. xx
Truthfully, sometimes we just need to know we have company on certain roads in life and that seems good enough. Fellow travelers always help along the way.

Insights, sometimes those can't even be put into words as it becomes our way of being so suddenly that we just cannot verbalize it.

Happy to hear of your outcome. It's amazing how it's only at those depths we morph.

Solnarehyah

Involved Wayfarer
Aug 3, 2016
Morton, Pennsylvania
I've only been consciously doing it since fall of 2015 and more seriously within the last few months. It seem like I am repeated guided to own my shadow aspects. It's unbelievable how much darkness resides in me and how sad and insecure the inner child really is. I struggle with keeping it up while continuing all the other practices. I also feel like a certain rush or time urgency to do so. Maybe it's just impatience.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
I've only been consciously doing it since fall of 2015 and more seriously within the last few months. It seem like I am repeated guided to own my shadow aspects. It's unbelievable how much darkness resides in me and how sad and insecure the inner child really is. I struggle with keeping it up while continuing all the other practices. I also feel like a certain rush or time urgency to do so. Maybe it's just impatience.
Well said, Pooja!

Darkness resides in all of us simply because we are human. I just try to love and appreciate my inner child for what it is...an aspect of self that feels afraid, lonely, and doesn't realize that it's loved. When we can extend that view to include the many "other selves" who share our world, I feel humanity will finally be able to heal and move forward.

It's not an easy task, but I feel we're doing it...slowly, but surely.

<3

OP
A

Anne

Beautifully said Pooja.
The dark side of us can seem scary and so unlovable. I found by embracing it and seeing its value how much more I need that aspect of myself here and the gifts it holds for me.
That inner child does indeed have healing to do. And in so many octaves. Acknowledging is half the battle of not the heaviest part of it in a glorious enlightening way.

Urgency I would say is a good thing. Why? The sooner we jump in, with all limbs, the faster we emerge into the glorious beings we are. Or at least we can see we are perfect as we are, its just an acknowledgment.

Sounds like you are well on the way and doing wonderful things beloved Pooja!

The dark aspects holds so many gifts. Empowering ones. The inner child too holds many insights and love resides there.

A great resource for that kind of work is by Debbie Ford. Dark side of the Light chasers.

So many of us get caught up in the light. We forget this is 3D. There has to be both sides of the coin after all.

We cannot have light without darkness. Balance is needed and just as darkness can represent rest, reprieve, and all the other dark attributes so also does it hold immense treasure and beauty.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I guess when you can laugh at your darkest parts then things can really loosen and lighten up.
One more reason to keep working on those laugh lines!

Solnarehyah

Involved Wayfarer
Aug 3, 2016
Morton, Pennsylvania
Beautifully said Pooja.
The dark side of us can seem scary and so unlovable. I found by embracing it and seeing its value how much more I need that aspect of myself here and the gifts it holds for me.
That inner child does indeed have healing to do. And in so many octaves. Acknowledging is half the battle of not the heaviest part of it in a glorious enlightening way.

Urgency I would say is a good thing. Why? The sooner we jump in, with all limbs, the faster we emerge into the glorious beings we are. Or at least we can see we are perfect as we are, its just an acknowledgment.

Sounds like you are well on the way and doing wonderful things beloved Pooja!

The dark aspects holds so many gifts. Empowering ones. The inner child too holds many insights and love resides there.

A great resource for that kind of work is by Debbie Ford. Dark side of the Light chasers.

So many of us get caught up in the light. We forget this is 3D. There has to be both sides of the coin after all.

We cannot have light without darkness. Balance is needed and just as darkness can represent rest, reprieve, and all the other dark attributes so also does it hold immense treasure and beauty.
Thank you Anne for such love and all the help.

Reactions: Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)