explaining reiki to others (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Mike

Healer & Empath
Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2016
Southern, California
www.facebook.com
It can be very difficult at a dinner table or simply with friends or strangers to explain what energy healing is such as reiki. it can be very discouraging. people may laugh and they have laughed at me below are some things to think about before trying to explain which can help tremendously! Its all about educating people that there is more to their world than they think. it is best to start slow this way they dont overload and tune you out,.

"One of the most interesting challenges I have met as a Reiki practitioner has been learning how to explain what Reiki is and the ways it works to help us to those who know little or nothing about Reiki. I find that a different explanation is needed depending upon the person to whom you are speaking.

Some people are ready to learn more than others, so it is best to tailor the explanation to the needs of the specific person. Many people will want to learn more as they take in a small amount of information, whereas if you overload them with too much information at once, they may lose interest or misunderstand something. Think of when you are explaining something very new to a child who has never heard of it before. It is best to give a small bit of information and let them lead the way with their questions.
It may be easiest for you to think back to your own level of understanding when you first heard of Reiki. What sort of things did you wonder about? What information did you find confusing? What information did you find helpful? When I first the word Reiki years ago, I was very confused about how to pronounce it (RAY-key) and what it did. I decided it wasn’t for me based on a few pieces of unclear information. This can be the case for many people, so go slow and easy. It is not going to be helpful information if you overwhelm the person and they may become confused." Full article: http://reikirays.com/3249/explaining-reiki-to-others/

I hope this helps, also this can go with other energy modalities when trying to explain to a mainstream person. thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Laron and Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)