Article Experiencing Resistance to Positive Affirmations by Brad Austen (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Brad

Spiritual & Meditation Teacher
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
www.mindful-meditations.com
While listening to a positive affirmation recording and affirming the words in your mind or out aloud, it is natural to feel some resistance. It's also natural to want to argue with what you are affirming, if it isn't in alignment with your subconscious beliefs. It's a bit like a wall or barrier that you have to penetrate to reach the desired state of mind that you are striving for. However, with repetition and persistence, slowly but surely the positive suggestions will have a positive impact and alter the way you think.

To be honest, we live in quite a negative world, bombarded by a lot of negative programming, from TV, radio and other media. Positive programming is about taking back control over your mind and your life, creating the life you wish for and desire. Positive affirmation is one method, or pathway, to achieve this. An audio recording that you can listen to whenever you wish is probably the easiest way to incorporate the benefits positive affirmations have to offer.

The way positive affirmations work is by targeting the subconscious beliefs that are ruling your life in the background. Quite often we aren't fully aware of these beliefs, which can be the result of past traumas, as well as past life experiences. The good news is that nothing is set in stone, and that you can heal and create the life you wish for and desire, but it does take some effort.

Positive affirmations will usually have a theme or topic designed to manifest something that you desire in your life. Examples include more self-love, abundance or confidence. You may gravitate towards a certain theme or topic that you wish to work on. For best results it's advisable to listen to or recite the positive affirmations on a daily basis for a couple of weeks, or however long you feel guided to.

The next step, as you go through this transformation, is to be open and receptive to the opportunities that present themselves. To create positive change in our lives we have to act on our inspirations; it's a co-creative process. We live in a dimension of form or physicality where, when we have a thought or idea that aligns with our affirmations, we need to 'follow through' and take the appropriate action in order to fully manifest what we want in our lives.

You may like to choose a meditation guide with whom you resonate, or create your own positive affirmations. The key is to use statements such as 'I am' or 'I have', rather than using statements such as 'I want' or 'I desire'. We have to affirm to the universe that we already have or embody what we want, as if it is already ours. The universe recognizes each of us as a co-creator. For example, we can either co-create lack and misery, or health and abundance. Once you cease running on autopilot you can take back control of your life and begin creating the life you desire.

We humans are generally creatures of habit; we do what we feel is safe and familiar. Sometimes old habits or patterns are no longer serving our highest good. However, we have become so used to incorporating them into our lives that we become attached to them. Life and evolution is fundamentally an 'inside job'; when we change within, our outer world also begins to shift and change. If you have made the decision that you want to change, you're halfway there. The next step, as you feel guided or inspired to do so, is to take action. Positive affirmations are simply one tool in your toolbox.

We can all experience resistance in our lives, but it can show us where we are out of alignment or perhaps making poor choices. We can also resist the opportunity to change, seeking to keep that which is familiar, even if our circumstances are dysfunctional and no longer serving us. With awareness, we can make small and subtle changes in our lives, and step forward onto the path of mastering our mind and emotions. It does take some effort, as does anything genuinely worthwhile. Positive affirmations can help you 'take back the reins' and start to live the life you desire and deserve to have. You, ultimately, have the power!

To listen to my positive affirmations, please visit: https://www.mindful-meditations.com/positive-affirmations.html

By Brad Austen © 2022.

https://www.mindful-meditations.com

Brad is an intuitive writer, channel, spiritual and meditation teacher and recording artist. He is passionate about writing and producing guided meditations to aid relaxation, healing and spiritual growth.

• Fine Post! (RT Award)
Reactions: Linda

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
We were just talking about this today, at least one example of what your write so eloquently.

This simple example went something like this: 'If you want to eat all my apples, we'll just buy more apples for me.' This sounded to me like an 'abundance' mindset or even affirmation because it notes that more apples are available in case of need or desire. In contrast a 'zero sum game' or 'lack of abundance' answer might sound more like 'Don't take my apples. Then I won't have any' which is predicated on their being no more apples available.

What I love most is that you've pinpointed that these ways we speak, act and interact are based on our subconscious feelings and beliefs about life which we can access in this simple, effective way. Bravo!

OP
Brad

Brad

Spiritual & Meditation Teacher
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
www.mindful-meditations.com
We were just talking about this today, at least one example of what your write so eloquently.

This simple example went something like this: 'If you want to eat all my apples, we'll just buy more apples for me.' This sounded to me like an 'abundance' mindset or even affirmation because it notes that more apples are available in case of need or desire. In contrast a 'zero sum game' or 'lack of abundance' answer might sound more like 'Don't take my apples. Then I won't have any' which is predicated on their being no more apples available.

What I love most is that you've pinpointed that these ways we speak, act and interact are based on our subconscious feelings and beliefs about life which we can access in this simple, effective way. Bravo!
It's interesting isn't it Lila, these subconscious values or beliefs that are slightly different and unique to each of us. Often, these can make us clash in relationships as well. When you become aware of these subconscious beliefs you can question if they are still serving you, and modify them if you wish. Thanks for the feedback. :)

• I agree
Reactions: Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)