ET and Shamanism. (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Archetypal Dreamer

Involved Wayfarer
Aug 27, 2016
First and foremost, apologies for what will likely be a somewhat incoherent post. You know when an idea just comes to you and you have to get it out there? Yeah. This is one of those :p

Without going too in depth, I've had a lifetime of experiences which led me to contacting MUFON. Now, I must state very clearly here - few if any of my experiences have been 'alien' in nature. I have predominantly observed lights, shadows and the manipulation of physical matter (i.e. things in my environment moving) and auditory phenomena. Some of these experiences have been shared by others, so I know there's something to it.

I have seen a UFO or two; the first flew right over my car, and was unmistakably a disc object which defied the abilities of conventional aircraft. Please note however: I do not make the mistake of conflating 'UFO' with 'ET'. It is my belief that someone, somewhere on this planet, has incredible aviation tech. I'm not saying that this precludes ETs visiting us, of course. I'm just saying.

But I digress...

We know (through researchers like Jacques Vallee) that 'the phenomenon' of close encounters with alien beings and / or their craft does in fact vary its appearance in myriad ways. It depends on time period, culture, spiritual beliefs... you name it. Whatever is engaging us, it's very adaptive.

Recently (we're getting to the point now :p) I was told to investigate shamanism. So, I did.

Correct me if I am wrong, but my very basic understanding thus far is that shaman effectively walk in both worlds. They simultaneously walk in our physical world (well, what we perceive to be physical) and 'the spirit world'. To do this, the shaman has to undergo rigorous training which can take years.

Shamanism and 'the more spiritual' beliefs in general have given way to reductionist/mechanistic ways of looking at reality here in the West. The belief that we are nought but a sack of meat and bones with a few chemicals running around in our brain which give the illusion of consciousness does, sadly, prevail. You know, in spite of <insert a plethora of reasons here>.

So, we have turned away from 'the path'. Would be shaman are therefore not undergoing their initiations.

... or are they?

Is that what all of this abduction stuff is about?

I was a massive, massive sceptic at first. Even as a child I was quick to call BS on it, thinking it was 'stupid adults' wanting some kind of media attention. Fortunately, I grew older and pulled my head out of my ass. I've spent years researching the field, and it is 100% unquestionable: something is happening to a great many people out there. They really are experiencing missing time. They really are waking up with strange marks on their bodies (heck, even I've had some). They do seem to be 'seeing' entities which interact with them in some ways.

Now, I believe that - and again, correct me if I'm wrong here - a shaman's initiation is quite a difficult thing. Something about an intense inner-focus and dredging up the less desirable parts of oneself for inspection and cleansing. This can, obviously, be psychologically strenuous. It (again, I believe - could be wrong) is a process which is designed to essentially fracture one's self-perception so that one may rebuild 'Self v.2'.

What, pray tell, would be harder to deal with than supposedly being abducted and experimented on by alien entities? Talk about a cataclysmic paradigm shift! It would leave you feeling vulnerable, alone, potentially crazy. It would make you question everything you thought you knew.

... and we all know that contact with these entities usually results in increased psychic awareness, or a coming online of abilities we didn't know we had. One could say that the 'victim' begins to walk in both worlds...

Is it just me, or do you think there's some kind of connection between ETs and shamanism? Perhaps they ('ETs') are the catalyst for spiritual awakening in the age of spiritual ignorance. Perhaps it's the universe's way of brow-beating us to get on the right path in an era when even those with an inclination or innate ability turn the other cheek.

I don't know. Just speculating :)

A penny for your thoughts!

- P

Reactions: Stargazer and Brian

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
I agree with you that after being "abducted" (I don't like this word but it gets the meaning across) most people remember one or more of their innate abilities. Then they apply that ability towards what they are interested in. They might apply it toward channeling, mediumship, shamanism or wherever their interest lies.

Researchers of abductees admit they don't understand if this remembering of abilities is biological or caused by implants but they do admit it's a real phenomenon.

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
Hi Vickie, and thanks for your input.

If you don't mind my asking, why do you take issue with the word "Abducted" ? What could be used in its stead?
The word abduction means to be taken by force but many abductees, like myself, go voluntarily. Its always felt very positive to me. All abductees volunteered to their contact experiences before they incarnated into this life.

I don't know a better word. I don't like the word but it gets the meaning across.

OP
Archetypal Dreamer

Archetypal Dreamer

Involved Wayfarer
Aug 27, 2016
Thanks for clearing that up.

If you don't mind my asking (sorry - I am rather inquisitive) and if this is appropriate (I understand if it isn't) do you have any written records of your experiences? I'd love to hear about them some time. Again, though - I fully understand and appreciate if this isn't appropriate.

Reactions: Stargazer and Brian

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
Thanks for clearing that up.

If you don't mind my asking (sorry - I am rather inquisitive) and if this is appropriate (I understand if it isn't) do you have any written records of your experiences? I'd love to hear about them some time. Again, though - I fully understand and appreciate if this isn't appropriate.
I've only written about one experience with lost time. It's called, "Close Encounters" and it's a short thread on this board.

I am only recently being allowed to remember parts of experiences. I have always had a knowing that it would not benefit me to remember until I could understand. It causes fear and confusion to remember details unless the brain can comprehend the experience. People undergo hypnosis and see their contact experiences but they do not comprehend what they are seeing so they equate the experience as being negative and fearful. I've always known that I would remember more details as I could comprehend them so I haven't written anything.

OP
Archetypal Dreamer

Archetypal Dreamer

Involved Wayfarer
Aug 27, 2016
So you are cautious with your approach. Seems wise. I approached my own regression with great trepidation, but it turned out to be rather... unbelievable, so I took it as nought more than my brain inventing things. If in some bizarre universe what I saw was actually real, then there was no fear and no threat. I fully understood, and was at peace.

I'll look for the thread, thank you. I hope your continued explorations go well :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)