ESP Trainer (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Bill

The magic has always been within you.
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 21, 2016
From Kansas, living in Texas
Was watching a short vid today by Russ Targ discussing his career helping people with remote viewing. In it he mentions a downloadable free app called ESP Trainer that helps people develop their abilities. So I downloaded it to my iPhone (assume there is an android version but don't know) and have started using it. It's a very simple game-based training system - pick one of four colored squares (or pass) and see if you match what the software had selected. Over time you get better.

Here is the link to the short talk given by Russ Targ. It's quite informative of the history, and power, of remote viewing:

Note it is claimed to be a banned TED talk...but info in some of the comments indicate this was never a TED talk...perhaps someone added that to promote it.

Here is the link to the IOS app store for ESP Trainer:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/esp-trainer/id336882103?mt=8

Here is the info that comes up explaining what is going on with the app:

The ESP trainer was developed under a NASA program by Russell Targ at Stanford Research Institute.

We have found that people are able to improve their ESP scores by using a machine just like this and get in touch with the part of themselves that is psychic. This is often called a clairvoyant ability, and can enhance your life in many surprising ways.

The player is presented with four colored squares. For each trial, one has been selected at random by the ESP Trainer. Your task is to choose the correct square.

If you succeed, you will hear a chime, feel a vibration, and see a large color picture. Otherwise, the system lights up the correct square, and you proceed with the next trial. The score indicator at the top counts the number of correct choices. Words of encouragement appear as you achieve the scoring levels of 6, 8. 10, 12 or 14 hits. After 24 trials you may begin a new game.

The game offers multi-sensory feedback, reinforcement, and an opportunity to Pass, meeting all the requirements needed for learning this skill. ESP Trainer improves your ability to recognize your intuitive impressions, and it can bring you to a level of intuitive awareness beyond anything you've experienced before.

The purpose of the trainer is to allow you to become aware of what it feels like when you psychically choose the correct square. When you don't have that special feeling, we encourage you to press the Pass button. (So this is not a "forced choice" test.)

In a year long NASA program with 145 subjects (under Contract 953653 NAS7-100) many were able to significantly improve their scores. Four of the subjects improved their scores at the hundred-to-one level or better. This approach has been used with surprising success on Wall Street. But of course, past results are no guarantee of future performance.

Because you are learning a new skill, slower is better than faster.

If you find yourself frequently scoring 12 or more, write to the developer: Contact Russell Targ

This game can provide the first steps toward experiencing and developing the psychic abilities hidden within us all.

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
I wonder how much of this involves the game learning how the player thinks... but it does sound like fun to try! Thanks, Bill.

Reactions: Stargazer

Sam Vause

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
On a more cynical note, I wonder who's watching the outcomes of the game when it [possibly] transmits the results back to a server somewhere? One has to ask, who made the investment in creating this "game" and what is it they expect in return? (I warned you I was being cynical....)

Krena

Embracing Mystery, Mostly
Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
I played the game for a bit. However, my intuition and psychic antennae usually work when there is some drama, emotional energy, some caring, a striking incident or need. Images behind color barely get a blip of interest from me.

But, I gave it a try. I found I got a bit irritated and wound up banging on squares in a frustrated and thoughtless way on occasion in addition to playing the game more thoughtfully. In other words, I was purposely uncaring about results. And it showed in poorer scores.

My findings so far: When I play a bit sloppy, my scores are sloppy. Otherwise, most of the time, I did better than a third correct or higher, reaching 12 sometimes which is half right. It took me a while to figure out that color blocks are often repeated correct answers. Once I got that option, my scores improved.

It is not exactly fascinating. More games were promised to change it up, but I did not manage to get there.

Will this help ESP? Apparently, it has helped others. I may improve with time and patience, but I am uncertain how the game translates to useful psychic message receiving.

I noted the skepticism about who gets the info results. I can tell you that many many years ago, I wrote to Targ, who created the game. I was young. I had an opinion about his work, and he wrote me back and sent a study. I was impressed. That small character "plus" hardly can account for his current practice, but I have had a good experience with him in the past.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
But, I gave it a try. I found I got a bit irritated and wound up banging on squares in a frustrated and thoughtless way on occasion in addition to playing the game more thoughtfully. In other words, I was purposely uncaring about results. And it showed in poorer scores.
I changed my rating to a hug. I don't think we had hugs back then...

mscir

Just Arrived
Mar 6, 2019
I'm thinking of writing a Windows version and possibly an Android version, that work exactly the same way the IOS app works. I read the description on the app store page, and wondered if anyone would be willing to tell me what the images are like, the app store summary said this,
"If you succeed, you will hear a chime, feel a vibration, and see a large color picture. "
I want to pick similar images, if you are willing to comment, please talk about what the images are of, and how many you think the game might contain.
I emailed Russell and mentioned all of this to him, including that I would give everything to him so he'd be the legal owner , but got no reply, and I want to make a version for myself (since I don't have any IOS devices).
Thanks,
Mike

Reactions: Laron and Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I’ve been using this app. I do well when I am not thinking. Overthinking yields poor results. Meditation beforehand also is helpful.

I doubt anyone is tracking results. In the app, it says that if you score high consistently, then you have the option to contact them to be involved in studies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)